Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks n Chowderheads

That the Chowders won in 4 over the Pacers isn't debatable.. Neither is that the Bucks swept the Pistons. What is worth picking at is how they each did it.
    The Bucks crushed and powdered the Blake-less Pistons. Yes Griffin was in games 3 and 4 but he played it on a bad leg. This was an old fashioned beatdown in every aspect of the game. Shooting.. on the boards..cohesive offensive sets ... seriously good defensive sets and rotations AND the legend of the Alphabet continues to grow.

Boston also swept but it wasn't how the Bucks used their brooms. The Celts trailed in the 4th quarter of every game. They trailed at the half . It was pretty close until Indiana put up a 12 spot once a quarter and took themselves out of the game. However the Pacers were good enough that they made the Chowderheads play all their guys a lot longer and more minutes to make sure they put away the pacers in the last few minutes. I get its the playoffs and there is lots of time between games but you want to conserve energy where you can. So while its a sweep there are two ways to look at it. One is the argument that after 82 games the light is switching on or...he other is that its the dead cat bounce for the peckerwoods from Chowdertown. .

Just like Philly and the Raps are taking a big step up in class so are the Chowders and the Bucks..Pretty much everyone has been waiting for the Bucks to slip even a little with a couple of injuries to key rotation guys but they haven't. The Alphabet in transition is either a foul or a basket. Middleton hasn't gone into a flat spot and the good Lopez is still taking and making a lot of 3s. Mirotic is just back so the jury is out on him. Bledsoe has been making his shots as well and can break you down off the dribble in the half court. Offensively this team is a pantload. The difference for them will be this is round 2 when the intensity ramps up and the Bucks just don't have a ton of playoff experience beyond a couple of one and dones. .

The Celtics sport a very good defense. Horford and Brown and in a pinch a Morris twin can really slow you down and Rozier will get right up in your grill when he comes in. They will miss Smart. Baynes will give them rebounding when he is in the game. Kyrie Irving can win games all by himself on the offensive side but they still hide him on defense. After a year of pretty inconsistent play Hayward has been playing better on both sides of the ball.
    But...offensively ....its the Irving show when the games get close. He will play pick n roll with Horford in the first half and Tatum will get his looks.. Brown will get putbacks and in transition and make the odd 3... but when the game is close in the 2nd half.. and sometimes when its not.... its all Irving all the time and he has shown he can win games all by himself..

Lots of great matchups in this series. Its sees round 2 of Eric Bledsoe vs Terry Rozier. Don't think Bledsoe has forgotten he got schooled by Rozier last year. Can Brown and Tatum outshine Middelton and Mirotic as secondary scoring options. Can the good Lopez pull Aaron Baynes out from under the basket with his 3 point shooting and cause the Celtics headaches as the Bucks swarm the offensive glass. Will 31 year old Al Horford have enough in the tank to slow the Alphabet down even a little bit.

There are two.. count em two... certifiable coaching geniuses in Bud and Brad.

But there is only one Alphabet....

Bucks in 6
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Man, the Warriors are just fucking around right now lol
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• man Clips are something else
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          man Clips are something else
          Hope Kawhi's not watching.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Hope Kawhi's not watching.
            Tomorrow on ESPN "The Clippers have remarkably over achieved this season, definitely did more than enough to convince Kawhi to jump ship this summer, that is what my sources are telling me"

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              man Clips are something else
              If it wasn’t for Kawhi being a free agent I’d be really interested in their off season. They have $50 mill committed if they let Beverley walk. If they trade Gallo for no salary back they have enough room for 2 max slots. Now they probably want to keep a point guard in Beverley so that’ one max slot and a bit of room. My hope is they target KD and he does a drawn out process while Masai dangles a max contract and Kawhi just stays.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

If it wasn’t for Kawhi being a free agent I’d be really interested in their off season. They have $50 mill committed if they let Beverley walk. If they trade Gallo for no salary back they have enough room for 2 max slots. Now they probably want to keep a point guard in Beverley so that’ one max slot and a bit of room. My hope is they target KD and he does a drawn out process while Masai dangles a max contract and Kawhi just stays.
                Or trade Gallo + a prospect/pick for Kawhi.

Comment

• The Clippers beat the Warriors AGAIN on the Warriors home court. Back to LA for game SIX. Wow.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Or trade Gallo + a prospect/pick for Kawhi.
                    The Raptors don't need Glassman.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

At this point in the year, there are relatively few teams that will want Gallo for no salary back, no? That means that you're under the cap, and if you're under the cap, you're going to go shopping for what you really want *first* and go bargain-hunting *later*.

I have to admit, I'm also confused as to who is supposed to be the second star that Kawhi consents to go play with in a dual free-agent situation. Kyrie? Not enough of a defender and a bit of a prima donna. KD? Surly and temperamental and plays very nearly the same position. Kemba? Not really a talent upgrade on Kyle and doesn't feel like a stylistic fit with Kawhi or the Clippers overall. Klay? A second banana (if an absolutely great one). Vucevic would probably be the best fit-wise of this year's big free agents - and we just neutralized him in the first round (which would limit his apparent upside). And if the Clippers *don't* pick up a Kyrie or KD level player, this year is going to feel like a disappointment for them.

If you're wanting to bring on a big-name free-agent to pair with Kawhi, the players you really want to bring on alongside him are not free agents this year: Giannis or Anthony Davis.

I haven't heard a peep anywhere about who the Clippers are hoping to bring in alongside Kawhi, which suggests that maybe they are planning to figure that out if and only if their optimism about Kawhi proves to be accurate during the moratorium. That doesn't feel like the right way to pitch to Kawhi to me.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The Raptors don't need Glassman.
                        Expiring salary.

Comment

• Are the warriors vulnerable or just f'ing around?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Expiring salary.
                            Fooling around. I think they were on cruise control entering the playoffs and now its biting them in the ass.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Fooling around. I think they were on cruise control entering the playoffs and now its biting them in the ass.
                              Warriors are fat, dumb and happy (except when they have internal squabbles). It's hard to keep that level of desire & urgency to make 5 straight Finals. Sometimes talent alone isn't enough. Three-peats are rare.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

At this point in the year, there are relatively few teams that will want Gallo for no salary back, no? That means that you're under the cap, and if you're under the cap, you're going to go shopping for what you really want *first* and go bargain-hunting *later*.

I have to admit, I'm also confused as to who is supposed to be the second star that Kawhi consents to go play with in a dual free-agent situation. Kyrie? Not enough of a defender and a bit of a prima donna. KD? Surly and temperamental and plays very nearly the same position. Kemba? Not really a talent upgrade on Kyle and doesn't feel like a stylistic fit with Kawhi or the Clippers overall. Klay? A second banana (if an absolutely great one). Vucevic would probably be the best fit-wise of this year's big free agents - and we just neutralized him in the first round (which would limit his apparent upside). And if the Clippers *don't* pick up a Kyrie or KD level player, this year is going to feel like a disappointment for them.

If you're wanting to bring on a big-name free-agent to pair with Kawhi, the players you really want to bring on alongside him are not free agents this year: Giannis or Anthony Davis.

I haven't heard a peep anywhere about who the Clippers are hoping to bring in alongside Kawhi, which suggests that maybe they are planning to figure that out if and only if their optimism about Kawhi proves to be accurate during the moratorium. That doesn't feel like the right way to pitch to Kawhi to me.
                                Maybe the Clips go get Kyrie and KD; both mercenary assasins of questionable overall character. The West would be even more stacked.

Comment

Working...
                                X