Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Are the warriors vulnerable or just f'ing around?
    Yes.

Comment

• Warriors had the 15th best defense in the league after the regular season and its showing in the playoffs. They used to be so good defensively. Golden's right.. this team is not as hungry and it's showing. It's why I had Houston going to the finals this year.

Comment

• Ya, Golden State definitely seems beatable. Beyond Curry, Klay and Durant, they are very thin. Draymond, Iggy and Co. just ain't what they used to be.

I'd even say that the 76ers are more of a threat on paper.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Ya, Golden State definitely seems beatable. Beyond Curry, Klay and Durant, they are very thin. Draymond, Iggy and Co. just ain't what they used to be.

I'd even say that the 76ers are more of a threat on paper.
          Pump the brakes Joey...eeeeasy now. 76ers are not more of a threat than the dubs....on the court, on paper, on film, on thin ice, on planet earth, you name it.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• And of course, predictably, here come the hot take articles:
            How the Clippers Can Go From 8-Seed to 1-Seed

Doc Rivers’s band of prospects and crafty vets was the feel-good story of the season. If Los Angeles is able to entice either Kevin Durant or Kawhi Leonard (or even both) to join in free agency, it could go from Cinderella to contender, real fast.
            Durant could pair with a proven star in Leonard too. It was reported last summer that Leonard had eyes for Los Angeles before requesting a trade from San Antonio last year, and that he preferred the Lakers to the Clippers. The latest buzz around the league suggests that the Clippers have become his preference, considering the circus surrounding the Lakers, though it would be foolish to rule them out. Leaving Toronto would be less about basketball and more about family life, since what Leonard has now with the Raptors is close to ideal on the court. This season the Raptors were able to both feature him as their star player andperfectly manage his minutes, helping him on his way to a career-best offensive season. Also, he’s surrounded by a blend of veterans including Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol and improving young players such as Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet. It’s not like Toronto didn’t understand the risk when it dealt for Leonard; Masai Ujiri essentially swapped three years of likely playoff failures with DeMar DeRozan for at least one swing at a title. The challenge to keeping Kawhi is that the Clippers can also offer an enticing core with a road to a championship. And if family and lifestyle are the driving forces behind his decision, as is widely believed, it’ll be hard for Toronto to create a pitch that contends with what Los Angeles, the city and the franchise, can offer.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Warriors are fat, dumb and happy (except when they have internal squabbles). It's hard to keep that level of desire & urgency to make 5 straight Finals. Sometimes talent alone isn't enough. Three-peats are rare.
              I personally think this series is a wake up call. Things will change next series.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I personally think this series is a wake up call. Things will change next series.
                You would think being up by 30 in the 3rd quarter and losing would have been their wake up call already.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Pump the brakes Joey...eeeeasy now. 76ers are not more of a threat than the dubs....on the court, on paper, on film, on thin ice, on planet earth, you name it.
                  Oh I don't think it's as clean cut as you're making it out to be. I still think we beat both of them, but I think matching up against the Warriors would actually be a bit more straight forward. Yes, they have a Durant and a Curry (and Klay to lesser degree), but beyond them, there's really not much to worry about.

76ers have 5 players who can legit "go off", along side some decent support (Mike Scott has been a Raptor killer in the past), and 4 out of 5 Starters are "solid+" defenders. Again, "on paper", the same cannot really be said about the Warriors.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

You would think being up by 30 in the 3rd quarter and losing would have been their wake up call already.
                    Snooze button.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Oh I don't think it's as clean cut as you're making it out to be. I still think we beat both of them, but I think matching up against the Warriors would actually be a bit more straight forward. Yes, they have a Durant and a Curry (and Klay to lesser degree), but beyond them, there's really not much to worry about.

76ers have 5 players who can legit "go off", along side some decent support (Mike Scott has been a Raptor killer in the past), and 4 out of 5 Starters are "solid+" defenders. Again, "on paper", the same cannot really be said about the Warriors.
                      Someone relieve this man of his moderator duties.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Are the warriors vulnerable or just f'ing around?
                        They are playing like a team that thinks it will be okay no matter what they do. But it doesn't work that way. Even for them.

Their defense should be worrisome, though. Last year they cranked it up for the playoffs but they haven't been able to do that so far. Also of note, GSW isn't a 'scheme' team defensively. They play it pretty vanilla. The question of whether it's an effort issue or skill issue is TBD.

Comment

• maybe he warriors aren't into playoff mode yet. maybe their just screwing around. however their one of the last 2 first round series still going. Everyone else is waiting for heir next matchup while they have to play a 6th game at least which is going to be hard fought in LA. not to mention the rockets the team who almost beat them last year await them. regardless of the reason for struggling with the clips this is going to hurt them going forward this playoffs. they haven't had to fight in the first round like this the entire éra. to me this shows real vulnerability. every other contender should be getting their hopes up. this team looks beatable and theirs still 3 more rounds till a champ is crowned.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Someone relieve this man of his moderator duties.
                            Pfft, someone needs to look after you wild hooligans.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              And of course, predictably, here come the hot take articles:

The challenge to keeping Kawhi is that the Clippers can also offer an enticing core with a road to a championship.
                              This was our main competitive advantage to keeping Kawhi, going into the season. Eff the Logo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Put me in this camp.

No team fucks around in the playoffs...and if they hint that they are...they are either bullshitting or aren’t mentally tough enough to be a lead pipe cinch favourite

GSW are the champs and are the team to beat..but they have shown they can be had ...

Houston already is confident they can take them..
                                Both the Bucks and raps have beat them twice and already know they can-take them

Losing games like they have to the Clips just reinforces the belief these guys can be had.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:22 PM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X