Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Put me in this camp.

No team fucks around in the playoffs...and if they hint that they are...they are either bullshitting or aren’t mentally tough enough to be a lead pipe cinch favourite

GSW are the champs and are the team to beat..but they have shown they can be had ...

Houston already is confident they can take them..
    Both the Bucks and raps have beat them twice and already know they can-take them

Losing games like they have to the Clips just reinforces the belief these guys can be had.
    There is blood in the water and everyone smells it.

I kind of want the Clippers to knock them out now.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• not sure where to put this but it sums up our team. nobody in the top 15 of jersey sales but we make the top 10 (@9) of overall jersey sales. It's the name on the front, not the name on the back (well...maybe Kawhi gave us a bit of a boost)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...handise-sales/

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        There is blood in the water and everyone smells it.

I kind of want the Clippers to knock them out now.
        I'm pretty sure they'll beat the Clippers, but beating Houston will be harder then they probably think. What's not entirely clear anymore is if this is just complacency (like they are overconfident, so they're letting the guard down), or if they are actually sputtering. That they're getting actual work in the early rounds like now and most likely in the Houston series is sure nice for the rest of the league though.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure they'll beat the Clippers, but beating Houston will be harder then they probably think. What's not entirely clear anymore is if this is just complacency (like they are overconfident, so they're letting the guard down), or if they are actually sputtering. That they're getting actual work in the early rounds like now and most likely in the Houston series is sure nice for the rest of the league though.
          Yeah... I don't see them losing to the Clips.... but for me.. I gotta disregard the notion that a professional team is "taking it easy" or "bored" in the playoffs. This might be the last kick at the championship for them as constructed. Why would they take the afternoon off so to speak. It doesn't make sense.

There are guys who play their entire careers to win a championship and not get close... Nope. The Warriors are getting beat. It doesn't matter what Fat Shaq and even Fatter Chuck or the rest of the inbred cloistered NBA anaylyst say... The Warriors aren't the same team they were a year ago. These guys can be had this year.

Houston could get them in round 2.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yeah... I don't see them losing to the Clips.... but for me.. I gotta disregard the notion that a professional team is "taking it easy" or "bored" in the playoffs. This might be the last kick at the championship for them as constructed. Why would they take the afternoon off so to speak. It doesn't make sense.

There are guys who play their entire careers to win a championship and not get close... Nope. The Warriors are getting beat. It doesn't matter what Fat Shaq and even Fatter Chuck or the rest of the inbred cloistered NBA anaylyst say... The Warriors aren't the same team they were a year ago. These guys can be had this year.

Houston could get them in round 2.
            When i said f'ing around i meant a complacency has set in. They certainly arent playing with the intensity and urgency that playoff teams usually exhibit. The clips have plenty of that, they need to play that way and they know it. The warriors, however, probably feel they dont need to put 100% effort in to win this series. I dont know...i just think if they were trying their hardest, this series would be over. But, they dont look to be the defensive team they've been in the past. I just wonder if they havent turned up the dial to max yet. If this is what we can expect to get from this team going forward, they arent likely to make the finals. Houston will take them if they continue playing this way, if the clips dont manage the greatest upset ever.

Comment

• Spurs gonna force game 7? Leading by 11 early in 4Q.

Comment

• DeRozan 25 points 12/16 shooting, 7 rebs, 7 ast.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ffs that means our game starts at 8 eastern..gonna be even harder for me to watch it all
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Ffs that means our game starts at 8 eastern..gonna be even harder for me to watch it all
                    it's better for Raps though. They suck during those early games.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Ffs that means our game starts at 8 eastern..gonna be even harder for me to watch it all
                      Big game by the Joker - 43 points.

Comment

• How 'bout GSW vs Clippers. Does GSW play some D or just try and shoot their way to a win?

Comment

Spurs win means we start at 7:30 est not 8:00
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• I'm rooting for the Spurs to win that series. The playoffs aren't the playoffs without the Spurs.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                              Spurs gonna force game 7? Leading by 11 early in 4Q.
                              Murray was terrible..... His shooting game-to-game is so inconsistent. Now, I've been told that he has absolutely no control over that whatsoever but whoever does have control over it will need to address it at some point.

Comment

• So a random thought... and why we in Raptorland should be pretty confident in the semi's....

Lots of digital ink is being spent writing and opining about how both the Hinkies and the Raptors have made significant changes to their rosters....

Just know this ....

On the Raps side you have Masai Ujiri making the calls and trades and talent assessment.

On the Hinkies side you have residual Bryan Colangelo and newbie Elton Brand....

This is why I feel really good about our chances against Philly.
                                Really Really Good.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X