No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Aldridge have 5 fouls? I mean he was thinking about fouling and then stepped away. And then Patty did the same thing. So weird.

Great game though.. Spurs almost made the come back. They had Denver reeling. Murray hit a tough shot.. DeMar missed. That was the game really.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Spurs were kind of dumb.. why didn't they foul? I think that's why Pops was screaming at them. IQ on that team is so sub par man.
      RC Buford needs to take some heat for that 1990s roster. Only 1 3 pt shooters in their top 6-7 rotation players. And he’s a minor role player, Forbes.

Comment

• So no upsets in round 1.. Denver should walk all over the Blazers if Kanter is out. I have them in 5 or 6. Jokic is going to have a monster series.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

RC Buford needs to take some heat for that 1990s roster. Only 1 3 pt shooters in their top 6-7 rotation players. And he’s a minor role player, Forbes.
          Yeah.. we kind of all saw that going into the season.. Pops still found a way to make them respectable. Got to the playoffs again.. and almost took out the 7th seed.

If Pops was coaching the Lakers they'd have the 3rd or 4th seed.

Comment

• was waiting for all series to be set before making predictions.

Raps-6ers (raps in 6 )
            this was my guess before game 1. although the that performance tn looked like a 5 game series. think philly wins 2 games when ŕeddick or harris has a big game. Embiid and Simmons may be minimized by 2 perfect defensive matchup.

bos-mil (bucks in 7)
            this one has history. beginning of a rivalry. going to be chippy and tough fought. teams alternate win till bucks finish it on their home court.

Hou-GS (Houston in 6)
            GSW has a quick turn around less then 24 hours after closing the clips. they drop game one and play from behind rest of series. Houston once again has a chance to win in game 6. this time chris paul isn't injured and they get it done. we will have a new champ this year.

Port-denver (Portland in 6)
            this one is hard. Blazers weakest position is c and kanter has a separated shoulder. jokic will eat them alive. it's just to Damm tough to pick against Damien Lillard after the display he put on in the first round. could see Denver winning in 7 if it gets their but I think Dame dollar keeps it going and gives them the firepower to win in 6.
            Last edited by bertarapsfan; Sun Apr 28, 2019, 02:13 AM.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

So no upsets in round 1.. Denver should walk all over the Blazers if Kanter is out. I have them in 5 or 6. Jokic is going to have a monster series.

A chance to reclaim those virtual beers...Berta is going with Portland as well...
              I will take Portland....

You on ?
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• First and foremost its good to remember last night was game 1 of a seven game series.
                They all count the same and its always great to get out of the gate with a lead.
                Yep..
                Game 1.
                Can't win the series by winning game 1.

But...

If your Philly you have to be thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. The Raps took the Hinkies apart last night. It was like watching Ali in his prime. Jab Jab Jab. Slip every punch thrown his way. Keep moving while wearing his opponent down and then take him out in the middle rounds. Thats what the Raps did last night.
                The one two punch of Siakam and Leonard is pretty awesome. Two big fast wings dominated on both sides of the ball and crushed Philly inside and from the arc. Gasol and Lowry are passed the ball at will. They got open shots with an extra second to make them. Lowry hitting Siakam in stride in transition.It was a clinic. Green made 3s at important points in the game that extended leads to the next levels.. from a 10 point... to 16 point and finally they gapped the Hinkies with a 20 point lead which they just didn't give back.. It took the bench a while but Serge and Norm and Fred held leads and played well. Could they have played better. Yes of course. But they too did what they had to do.

The Raps took Fat Joel out of the game for good at the 7 min mark of the 4th. They weren't coming back and Joel was sucking oxygen out of the roof of the building he was so gassed. Simmons played well but wasn't a big factor. He didn't throw the ball away hold it under 4 TO's as the Raps really crowded him on defense.JJ Reddick is the consummate pro and role player. Without him and his 5 3's Philly might have needed binoculars to keep the Raptors in sight. Butler seemed to play without his usual intensity. Tobias Harris is a pretty damn good player. He and Siakam look to be a tier above the Boston duo Brown and Tatum.

Brett Brown and his staff are making adjustments for Game 2 on Monday. Have to think Butler will play better and with some more drive and I think Harris brings his same game as in game 1 which is why if Philly has to choose between him and Butler he is the choice. Reddick will make shots though the frequency is TBD. Embiids cardio will still suck and his knee isn't 100%. Simmons still can't shoot so the Raps will get to play 5 on 4 on defense again. Brown has his work cut out for him to reset the playing field to favour his team. Still though.. changes and all .....Philly is looking at a machine of a team.

Jab Jab Jab. Slip almost every punch thrown a them. A bit of the Ali shuffle to tire out the opponent and once again the one two punch of Leonard and Siakam will be around to take out Philly in the later rounds of Game 2. .

That Leonard guy is pretty good. Its enough to make you forget the Mike James and Rafer Alston eras.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 28, 2019, 12:23 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Did Aldridge have 5 fouls? I mean he was thinking about fouling and then stepped away. And then Patty did the same thing. So weird.

Great game though.. Spurs almost made the come back. They had Denver reeling. Murray hit a tough shot.. DeMar missed. That was the game really.
                  Aldridge quit on the Spurs last night.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Boston doing a great job of defending Giannis so far. 1 point through 1 quarter

Comment

• Damn, Celtics are carving up the Bucks right now
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Celtics can be a problem
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Celtics can be a problem
                          this is going to be a hell of a series. at the moment bucks are a scarier team to me but if Boston can win this they will prove how dangerous they can be .

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

this is going to be a hell of a series. at the moment bucks are a scarier team to me but if Boston can win this they will prove how dangerous they can be .
                            they are carving them out. I hope this shows how fraud Bucks are and not how good Celtics are.

Comment

• our MVP is not going to get locked up by Horford smh

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they are carving them out. I hope this shows how fraud Bucks are and not how good Celtics are.
                                their doing a really God job on giannis playing him physical and bringing help when he gets to the paint. that block by horford was huuuuge. without big production by Giannis this team basically becomes buds Hawks.

Comment

Working...
                                X