X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The playoffs are a game of adjustments. Philly adjusted last night night and it went well for them.
    In 48 hours Nurse went from being a smart guy to a dummy. Nick is on the clock as its his turn to make some moves.
    And oh yeah.. The players... The players have to have a better night on Thursday than they did last night.
    Both the Raps/Hinkies and Bucks/Chowders series are going to be hard fought. And why wouldn't they be? These are the 4 best teams in the conference. .

The giddiness and hope of a sweep here is now where it belongs.

On to Philly they go... Buckle up its going to be a great series.
    I was baffled by some of Nurse's decisions last night but in retrospect, none were surprising. They'd won 5 in a row and were rolling - if it ain't broke, don't break it. Now, after the loss, we'll see some more material changes I would think.

As for the players, Gasol has to be more of a threat to score. I know, I know, that's not his role, blah, blah, blah.... but he was mostly a bystander as Philly clamped down on the rest of the front line. In that case, he has to look to be more of a threat and more than a passer. As for Green, he needs to make shots. The bench was putrid. Nurse needs to find better match ups for Ibaka. As for FVV, he's been completely ineffective against Philly. Would be nice to have Lin but he's been so bad I don't think they can risk putting him out there...

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I don't think it's any coincidence that the two most experienced teams won in game 1 out East and both wins were driven by how teams started the games....
    The playoffs are a game of adjustments. Philly adjusted last night night and it went well for them.
    In 48 hours Nurse went from being a smart guy to a dummy. Nick is on the clock as its his turn to make some moves.
    And oh yeah.. The players... The players have to have a better night on Thursday than they did last night.
    Both the Raps/Hinkies and Bucks/Chowders series are going to be hard fought. And why wouldn't they be? These are the 4 best teams in the conference. .

The giddiness and hope of a sweep here is now where it belongs.

On to Philly they go... Buckle up its going to be a great series.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 30, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    The Bucks are facing an almost insurmountable 0-1 deficit in a seven game series. Such are the hot takes after any series opener. Just like Philly isn't going away easily neither are the Bucks.

After having played pretty lame competition for close to a month (the series against the injured and undermanned Pistons combined with closing out the season against the likes of New York and Atlanta) the Bucks took a big step up in class on Sunday. It didn't go well. Bostons coaching genius outgeniused Milwaukee's coaching genius on Sunday. The Alphabet saw three guys wide defending him at the top of the key for most of the game led by Al Horford . It didn't go well for the leagues MVP. The Bucks other scorer's didn't pick up the slack.The Bucks after a very slow start did get close in the 2nd quarter but close is all they got as Boston just shifted from 3rd gear to overdrive as the 2nd quarter closed and they left the bucks in their rear views.

I want this one to go seven and have the Chowders and Bucks beat the stuffing out of each other....
    So Boston gets the first service break.... Lets see how BudBucks do in game two.
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the two most experienced teams won in game 1 out East and both wins were driven by how teams started the games....

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    How soon Bucks get Brogdon back, and how effective he is when he comes back, looks huge now. If they're able to win game 2, and Brogdon comes back for Game 3 and he's back to regular-season form, they're in pretty good shape. If he's out until Game 5, and/or comes back at 90%, that may not be enough.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Bucks still have the best player in the series, but unfortunately for them after Giannis, Boston has by far the higher level of talent, depth and as most thought the coaching edge. Bud has to find a way to capitalize on the one advantage he has. Instead of iso's maybe Middleton becomes the screener so he can pop out for the open shot when Boston doubles Giannis? Can't afford to go down 0-2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X