Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Playoff Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    LMAO at best front court in the east

    I’ll take Boston, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Toronto and maybe even Washington’s front court before Detroit’s

    Griffin is over the hump, Drummond still can’t do anything but rebound, and after that you’re left with a 3 point specialist, Zaza, Ellenson who’s been a bust, Leuer and Johnson who’s been a bust.
    I think you might be underrating Griffin/Drummond quite a bit. Drummond may not have high BBIQ, but 16rebs a night is nothing to scoff at. Good shot blocker as well. And Griffin is still a really physical and imposing player. He's had his way with every forward we've sent against him. Smart player and a really good passer. That team needs some a competent guard play to take a leadership role and they can be dangerous imo.

    Comment


    • #32
      Raps make the conference finals and everything else is a bonus. Setting myself up for a satisfying season, not failure. Finals or bust sounds great but it's too much pressure to put on Kawhi in his first of 8 years here ....
      Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Aug 15th, 2018, 12:06 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        It’s late August. The CNE has opened and Staples is running their back to school ads which signal the end of the summer is on the horizon. The end of summer means NBA ball is not that far off.

        So who is going to do what in the East this year?

        For me it’s a two horse race. Raps ‘n Chowdas. Philly takes the most “over respected” crown this year as the NBA MSM tries to rekindle a rivalry between the Celts n Sixers.

        The Raps had to make a seismic change from last year’s epic pratfall in the playoffs. And they did. Gone are the coach and the team’s best player. Coming in is a bigger and better star player than the beloved player who unwillingly left town and the “new” coach who is technically a rookie head coach has continuity with the team and has shown in his past stints he can adapt on the fly. The Raps are younger and they are faster and they have the personnel to defend like madmen. This team represents the best chance the Raps have had to make the finals since inception.

        The Chowdas are really really good too. They as well will make life miserable for teams as they can and will defend other teams to distraction. They too are mostly young and fast. They are as deep as the Raptors. Just like we await the results of Leonard’s injury so too do the Leprashits await the results of Irvings 3rd knee surgery and Haywards gruesome compound fractures in his leg. If ESPN or TNT doesn’t televise these matchups between Raps n Chowdas they are truly fucktards.

        In the second tier of teams are the Sixers, Pacers and the perennially on the cusp of breaking through Bucks.

        Philly for all the press they are getting as this year’s team to beat the Hinkies got exposed bad by Boston in the playoffs. Horford ran Joel Embiid off his feet and showed that Embiid isn’t in great cardio shape. Simmons without a jimmy was good at penetrating but the Chowdas were able to render him ineffective because of his abject reluctance or ability to hit jumpers. Fultz is a wild card coming in. Has the APB on his lost jumper been answered over the summer? Have they effectively replaced the leadership and outside shooting? Belly and Illyasova out and Korver and Chandler in. It will come down to the King of Twitter and how durable the part time star is this year and if Fultz and Simmons can at least hit for 30% from outside 10 feet.

        The Bucks will be as good as Giannias can be. He still doesn’t have a jumper but the wild card is the good Lopez…Brook at the 5. Yes the C position in the NBA is not what it used to be but the Bucks have some serious bulk in the middle for a change and he can get boards and score. How much he plays will be dictated by matchups but Lopez has gas in the tank and will make the Bucks better. A bona fide 5, a legit star at the 4 with the Alphabet Middleton on the wing if he can make 3s make the Bucks a threat for third. We say this every year. This year we may be right.

        The Pacers were last years biggest surprise. Picked as a lottery team they pushed the Lebrons to 7 games. They are still young and they added McBuckets and Evans to their core. With Evans, Bogdonavic and Dougie aligned at the arc, Myles Turners ability to stretch the floor and Olipdipo emerging as a star and the guy who stirs the drink these guys are good and they will score. A lot. They will get home court this year either at 3 or 4.

        On the bubble between the second tier and freefalling to the 4th tier and the lottery are the Whiz. This is a powderkeg that Ernie Grunfeld has crafted. John Wall will enter his 9th campaign and he still thinks he is the best PG in the league. He is not even close to that. He isn’t even in the top 5. This grates on him and his resulting demeanour and play is sour at best. He and the Whiz’s next best player Beal will never have dinner at home with each other. Johnny wanted Gortat out of town and he is. Replacing the steady if unspectacular Gortat is proven team killer Dwight Howard. Mix in the mercurial temperament of Markeif Morris and we could see a redux of the Crittendon – Arenas meltdown. Or it could all work out and the Whiz might push one of the Bucks, Pacers or Sixers for fourth. I am betting a Hindenburg like crash for Washington with a Wall trade at the deadline and the lottery for the Whiz.

        The third tier is a bunch of teams named Moe. Detroit, Miami ,The Deadlooks(Cleveland) and the Nets. Of these these vanilla entries it looks like two or three will make the playoffs. The Heat have coach Spo who can work miracles but with a disengaged Whiteside who knows he won’t play when it matters and an aging Dragic portends the Heat will likely tank by Christmas. Which leaves a very very ordinary Pistons squad, the Kevin Love / Colin Sexton (the next Donovan Mitchell?) Cavs and the Nets to possibly make the playoffs.

        The Bulls are going to be interesting. They could choose to tank again but the talent they have may push them to a playoff race for 8th. Carter is a solid C and Markaanen can score. The Bulls have to sort some things out between Dunn and Lavine but they could make the post season this year.

        The Knicks are actually building a team. It all hinges on the health and recuperative powers of the Zinger. If he gets back by Christmas the Knicks with a young core of Knox and Ntilanaka, The Zinger and a possibly now ready for prime time Hezonja could be a surprise team this year.

        Orlando and Atlanta and Charlotte will suck. As great a player as Jordan was he is the polar opposite as the worst exec and judge of talent in the NBA outside of the Kings. Orlando .. well this is year 7 of the rebuild and they are no closer than the Hawks who have taken the biggest chance of them all by taking Trae Young.

        Best in Class will be the Raps and Chowders. 1A and 1B. Flip a coin.
        Most overhyped is the Sixers.
        Gotta be right once that its their breakout year are the Bucks.
        Most improved will be one of or all of the Bulls and Knicks and Nets
        Dark horse to kick serious ass come playoff time are the Pacers
        Most mediocre teams to make the playoffs will be the Pistons . Nets and Cleveland.
        Team Turmoil and it’s not even close… the Whiz.
        Team sewage... the Hawks.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Aug 21st, 2018, 02:04 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          The Chowdas are really really good too.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • #35
            KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Those words were like vinegar passing my lips...

            The Raps n Chowders are the class of the East...and unlike he CBC I can’t be biased forever.

            Comment


            • #36
              G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Raps make the conference finals and everything else is a bonus. Setting myself up for a satisfying season, not failure. Finals or bust sounds great but it's too much pressure to put on Kawhi in his first of 8 years here ....
              I'm sorry but for me that's not good enough. We've done that before.

              We just got Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. Conference finals should be a bare minimum expectation. Losing to Boston or whoever in the ECF is not going to be a good season. Hell if we just kept DeRozan, with LeBron gone we easily could've gotten to the conference finals and lost to the Celtics.

              The whole point of that deal was to challenge for the title. So a good season would be getting to the finals and not getting smacked silly by Golden State.

              Honestly if we were to lose in the ECF with this team, I'd be thinking about firing Nurse. Especially if it's not in a road game 7.

              Comment


              • #37
                Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                The third tier is a bunch of teams named Moe. Detroit, Miami ,The Deadlooks(Cleveland) and the Nets.
                LOL "deadlooks"... I can't lmfao

                Comment


                • #38
                  Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  It’s late August. The CNE has opened and Staples is running their back to school ads which signal the end of the summer is on the horizon. The end of summer means NBA ball is not that far off.

                  So who is going to do what in the East this year?

                  For me it’s a two horse race. Raps ‘n Chowdas. Philly takes the most “over respected” crown this year as the NBA MSM tries to rekindle a rivalry between the Celts n Sixers.

                  The Raps had to make a seismic change from last year’s epic pratfall in the playoffs. And they did. Gone are the coach and the team’s best player. Coming in is a bigger and better star player than the beloved player who unwillingly left town and the “new” coach who is technically a rookie head coach has continuity with the team and has shown in his past stints he can adapt on the fly. The Raps are younger and they are faster and they have the personnel to defend like madmen. This team represents the best chance the Raps have had to make the finals since inception.

                  The Chowdas are really really good too. They as well will make life miserable for teams as they can and will defend other teams to distraction. They too are mostly young and fast. They are as deep as the Raptors. Just like we await the results of Leonard’s injury so too do the Leprashits await the results of Irvings 3rd knee surgery and Haywards gruesome compound fractures in his leg. If ESPN or TNT doesn’t televise these matchups between Raps n Chowdas they are truly fucktards.

                  In the second tier of teams are the Sixers, Pacers and the perennially on the cusp of breaking through Bucks.

                  Philly for all the press they are getting as this year’s team to beat the Hinkies got exposed bad by Boston in the playoffs. Horford ran Joel Embiid off his feet and showed that Embiid isn’t in great cardio shape. Simmons without a jimmy was good at penetrating but the Chowdas were able to render him ineffective because of his abject reluctance or ability to hit jumpers. Fultz is a wild card coming in. Has the APB on his lost jumper been answered over the summer? Have they effectively replaced the leadership and outside shooting? Belly and Illyasova out and Korver and Chandler in. It will come down to the King of Twitter and how durable the part time star is this year and if Fultz and Simmons can at least hit for 30% from outside 10 feet.

                  The Bucks will be as good as Giannias can be. He still doesn’t have a jumper but the wild card is the good Lopez…Brook at the 5. Yes the C position in the NBA is not what it used to be but the Bucks have some serious bulk in the middle for a change and he can get boards and score. How much he plays will be dictated by matchups but Lopez has gas in the tank and will make the Bucks better. A bona fide 5, a legit star at the 4 with the Alphabet Middleton on the wing if he can make 3s make the Bucks a threat for third. We say this every year. This year we may be right.

                  The Pacers were last years biggest surprise. Picked as a lottery team they pushed the Lebrons to 7 games. They are still young and they added McBuckets and Evans to their core. With Evans, Bogdonavic and Dougie aligned at the arc, Myles Turners ability to stretch the floor and Olipdipo emerging as a star and the guy who stirs the drink these guys are good and they will score. A lot. They will get home court this year either at 3 or 4.

                  On the bubble between the second tier and freefalling to the 4th tier and the lottery are the Whiz. This is a powderkeg that Ernie Grunfeld has crafted. John Wall will enter his 9th campaign and he still thinks he is the best PG in the league. He is not even close to that. He isn’t even in the top 5. This grates on him and his resulting demeanour and play is sour at best. He and the Whiz’s next best player Beal will never have dinner at home with each other. Johnny wanted Gortat out of town and he is. Replacing the steady if unspectacular Gortat is proven team killer Dwight Howard. Mix in the mercurial temperament of Markeif Morris and we could see a redux of the Crittendon – Arenas meltdown. Or it could all work out and the Whiz might push one of the Bucks, Pacers or Sixers for fourth. I am betting a Hindenburg like crash for Washington with a Wall trade at the deadline and the lottery for the Whiz.

                  The third tier is a bunch of teams named Moe. Detroit, Miami ,The Deadlooks(Cleveland) and the Nets. Of these these vanilla entries it looks like two or three will make the playoffs. The Heat have coach Spo who can work miracles but with a disengaged Whiteside who knows he won’t play when it matters and an aging Dragic portends the Heat will likely tank by Christmas. Which leaves a very very ordinary Pistons squad, the Kevin Love / Colin Sexton (the next Donovan Mitchell?) Cavs and the Nets to possibly make the playoffs.

                  The Bulls are going to be interesting. They could choose to tank again but the talent they have may push them to a playoff race for 8th. Carter is a solid C and Markaanen can score. The Bulls have to sort some things out between Dunn and Lavine but they could make the post season this year.

                  The Knicks are actually building a team. It all hinges on the health and recuperative powers of the Zinger. If he gets back by Christmas the Knicks with a young core of Knox and Ntilanaka, The Zinger and a possibly now ready for prime time Hezonja could be a surprise team this year.

                  Orlando and Atlanta and Charlotte will suck. As great a player as Jordan was he is the polar opposite as the worst exec and judge of talent in the NBA outside of the Kings. Orlando .. well this is year 7 of the rebuild and they are no closer than the Hawks who have taken the biggest chance of them all by taking Trae Young.

                  Best in Class will be the Raps and Chowders. 1A and 1B. Flip a coin.
                  Most overhyped is the Sixers.
                  Gotta be right once that its their breakout year are the Bucks.
                  Most improved will be one of or all of the Bulls and Knicks and Nets
                  Dark horse to kick serious ass come playoff time are the Pacers
                  Most mediocre teams to make the playoffs will be the Pistons . Nets and Cleveland.
                  Team Turmoil and it’s not even close… the Whiz.
                  Team sewage... the Hawks.
                  This was actually a pretty balanced, well thought out and reasonable analysis. Who are you and what have you done with Demo Shift? lol.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    golden wrote: View Post
                    This was actually a pretty balanced, well thought out and reasonable analysis. Who are you and what have you done with Demo Shift? lol.
                    Any analysis is either an insightful look at things or a piece of drek...it usually depends on wether the reader agrees with it as to which column it falls under.

                    Boston is not without its questions...

                    This is Irving’s 3rd knee procedure and he isn’t the most durable of guys. Lots of talk about Rozier..but he ain’t Irving..and if Irving slows down because of the knee Boston is going to be lesser for it.

                    Hayward is a good player but not a great player. He has been off a year so he may chug a bit at the start but that was just an awful break. Paul George came back well, however, everyone heals differently. Hayward is going to push hard as he has expectations for himself as does the team.

                    Horford and Baynes know their roles and minutes allocations so they are solid at the 5.

                    It’s a good problem to have but there maybe to many guys on the wings for the Chowders..Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, and to a degree Smart. Lots of guys who want to play and maybe not enough minutes to go around. Egos do terrible things to dressing rooms.

                    They are set at PG with Irving and Rozier.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      I'm sorry but for me that's not good enough. We've done that before.

                      We just got Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. Conference finals should be a bare minimum expectation. Losing to Boston or whoever in the ECF is not going to be a good season. Hell if we just kept DeRozan, with LeBron gone we easily could've gotten to the conference finals and lost to the Celtics.

                      The whole point of that deal was to challenge for the title. So a good season would be getting to the finals and not getting smacked silly by Golden State.

                      Honestly if we were to lose in the ECF with this team, I'd be thinking about firing Nurse. Especially if it's not in a road game 7.
                      I think I'm OK with being a bit more of a realist than some, even in the pre-season. Raps should make the conference finals but I see the Celtics as the favourite and I'm OK with that. Others see it differently so they can see negatives should the Rpas not make the finals (and show well there).

                      For me, that will make it all the more sweeter when the Raps DO make the finals (and show well there) since I consider it a distinct possibility but still a bonus to reasonable expectations.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I think a lot of this (Bos-tor)will come down on Nick Nurse. Both on what he can get out of his players and his decision making, esp come playoff time. Not to mention avoiding the Caseyesk playoff panic when things dont go the Raptors way.
                        We all know what Brad Steven's can do & as of now he has a very clear edge as the bench master.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                          I think a lot of this (Bos-tor)will come down on Nick Nurse. Both on what he can get out of his players and his decision making, esp come playoff time. Not to mention avoiding the Caseyesk playoff panic when things dont go the Raptors way.
                          We all know what Brad Steven's can do & as of now he has a very clear edge as the bench master.
                          ISO Kawhi

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I think it is still very early for such forecasts
                            At this stage, it's just a lottery with guessing.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Raptors vs Chowda’s – Head to Head

                              At the 5. Horford and Baynes vs JV / Monroe / Ibaka/ Pascal. My heart thinks this is a wash. JV will handle Baynes but won’t be able to stay with Horford. Horford can get picked up early by small ball C’s and it will get the ball out of his hands. JV will rebound better than either of Horford or Baynes. All in all though my heart says a wash…My head says the slightest of edges to the Chowdas.

                              At the 4. Siakam/Ibalka/OG vs Morris/Tatum/Brown. Hard to slot where all the wings are going to play for both teams. Edge to Chowdas in this matchup grouping.

                              At the 3. Kawhai/OG/CJ vs Brown/Hayward/Ojele. Like Browns game a lot and Gord is good.. .But Leonard in mid season form will own any of these guys. Raps have more consistent 3 pt shooters at this spot and are deeper. Edge to Raps.

                              At the 2. Delon/Norm/Danny Green vs Notso Smart/Jabari Bird/ and a ? Big edge here to the Raps. Smart is a Tasmanian Devil on defense but can’t hit the ocean from the beach on 3’s. Bird is an unkown. Edge to the Raps.

                              Point Guard. Kyle and Freddy vs Irving and Rozier. A tie. Let me explain. Rozier gets more hype because of where he plays but he isn’t all that consistent. He could off for 26 or he could have 5 TO’s and go 3 of 12. Freddy is every bit the player that Rozier is and is a lot more composed and consistent. Irving is a better offensive player than Kyle but lacks grit and determination on the defensive end. Kyle for all the bulldog stuff isn’t a lift your head up wow who the hell is that defender but he is a tier better than Kyrie. His offense and passing are very good but he is a tier below Irvings Kyles older but Kyrie is always knicked up and I will say it again.. coming off his 3rd knee procedure in 4 years. It’s a draw here for me.

                              Bench. Edge to the Raps. First 6 off the bench in the Vault (ScotiaBank Centre) and in no particular order. Freddy / Delon / Pascal / OG / CJ and 2017 Norm. First 6 up for the Chowderheads will be Smart / Rozier / Morris / Baynes/ and a couple of guys name Moe.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                If Brown, Hayward and Tatum are all starting then one of them would have to be at SG, which gives them the edge over Delon, Norm/Danny Green. Advantage Boston

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X