Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

So the bet is widening....

There is me.. who thinks that despite every indication to the contrary the Magic with:
    an ice cream soft schedule
    an all star in vucevic
    two guys in Gordon and Ross who have above average talent at their postions
    and the thought that if not his year with what you could only call a weak field to compete against....the Magic get in to the 8 slot.

Others.. such as Planet Mars / BertaRapsfan and now KC and yourself are saying no....there is no magic in orlando and they once again circle the wagons and talk lottery possiblilities for what seems like the 10th year in a row...
    i mean i don't feel strongly about it or anything but that's a pretty big gap to make up, as keon clark pointed out. i'd feel better about orlando's chances if they showed any proclivity to get up for bad teams as they do for good ones. i do think it is down to the magic and nets though, with detroit and miami in, charlotte and all the bottom feeders out.

it will suck so hard for brooklyn if they don't make it though. first time in an age they have their own pick and they didn't give themselves a chance at zion or barrett. at least they have developed a couple of their players into something but i still wouldn't want to be a fan of that team.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah the original bet was nets falling out I recall. DS is trying to drift away from that haha
      No... I am still on it...thats the bet
      Nets flame out... Magic get in... DS vs PM &BRF

Thought Chris was doing same... he is thinking Magic get in but Heat fall out....
      I might have to buy a virtual case of beer if the Magic drop another win they should get tonight against the juggernaut that is the Cavs...
      They are running out of games....
      But when I get a little concerned i have a look at that Nets schedule... do they even get 3 wins ?
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Well last night ...the Cinderella story ,.coming out of nowhere ..an unknown...on their last chance to make the post season dance ... "The" Orlando Magic pulled one out and squeaked by the Cavs 120 to 91......The normally reserved RR crowd is taking notice...

Still a ways to go.. but the the Brooklyn Nets are hearing footsteps...
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Mar 15, 2019, 03:49 PM.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Well last night ...the Cinderella story ,.coming out of nowhere ..an unknown...on their last chance to make the post season dance ... "The" Orlando Magic pulled one out and squeaked by the Cavs 120 to 91......The normally reserved RR crowd is taking notice...

Still a ways to go.. but the the Brooklyn Nets are hearing footsteps...
          I wanna see Orlando make it just so they're talking about them instead of Kyle Kuzma

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I wanna see Orlando make it just so they're talking about them instead of Kyle Kuzma

If you ever wondered why Dell Demps turned down Magics offer of his entire team for AD.. just drink in the calm indifference of Kyle Kuzma .... I'm in LA and your not....

This is why the Lakers are a dumpster fire
            - TGO

Comment

• So the Heat got a can of whoop ass opened on them by the Bucks last night... The Heaters led by 20 at the half and lost it by 15 or so at the end.. The Heat are not a threat to either of the top 4 in the east... Interesting aside is that the Heat broadcast crew were split on who will get out the east.... Toronto or Milwaukee after both squads spanked them within a week.

The Pistons beat a Lakers team that has pissed on the fire and called in the dogs..aside from Lebron shamelessly kissing ass and recruiting anyone he can see.. its over for the Lakers... they join team panzer .. Detroit seems to be a pretty good bet to make the playoffs down the stretch...

Charlotte beat the Whiz... thiat win is about as impactful as a Trudeau apology to yet another group over something that he wasn't alive for or that most folks don't give a fat rats pitooot about.. Charlotte is bbq chicken

Philly took out Sacto and pulled up door to door with Indy.... Sacto is young and they try like hell all game long.. but they still haven't bought into the notion that defense wins games ...Joeger will get them to buy in next year... Sacto is coming gents and they are going to be pretty good.

Today and Tonight

Boston takes on the Hawks at home and looks to close up the gap between them and Philly/Indy.. The Hawks are game.. but they do want that draft slot.
              Boston W

Indy ventures into Denver. They are in a dead heat with Philly... Denver has kinda struggled a bit lately but they are at home..Denver is looking like the Raps in that they are going to finish in the 2nd slot... But they can catch the Warriors who aren't last years Warriors.. .Game o the Night 1B
              Upset special Indy W.

With the Willie Nelson classic blaring in the background "On the road again".. Brooklyn visits Utah...The Jazz need this game to stay around 6 and avoid the Warriors as the Warriors toggle back and forth between 1 and 2. The Nets need it so they can try to get to 6 to avoid the Raps or Bucks...Motivated teams. Game o the Night 1A
              Jazz W by virtue of being the home team.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Mar 16, 2019, 02:44 PM.
              - TGO

Comment

• Huge game for the Pacers (and in turn the Raptors)...6ers have a schedule loss tomorrow @Bucks...borderline must win for Indy as their schedule does not get easier...as we've discussed, its a brutal stretch.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Big loss for the bucks. I dont remember them having to deal with an injurys up to this point. first real test of health for them. Brogdon is a big piece of what they do

tps://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1107076241599971329ttps://twitter.com/Shams
                  Charania/status/1107076241599971329
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• [tweet] <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bucks&#39; Malcolm Brogdon has suffered a minor plantar fascia tear in his right foot and will be out indefinitely.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1107076241599971329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2019</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[ /tweet]

Comment

• Brogdon is a legit 40/50/90 guy. Huge loss for them. Guess that bumps up George Hill in their rotation. Is he washed up yet?

PS - bertarapsfan... You can wrap the string "https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1107076241599971329" around [tweet] code blocks like this:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Brogdon is a legit 40/50/90 guy. Huge loss for them. Guess that bumps up George Hill in their rotation. Is he washed up yet?

PS - bertarapsfan... You can wrap the string "https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1107076241599971329" around [tweet] code blocks like this:

6-8 weeks means he's probably back for the second round.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

6-8 weeks means he's probably back for the second round.
                          2 months would be may 16th. which i would suspect is sometime around confrence finals. Plus he's a RFA and young. does he rush back? i doubt it.... and wouldnt if i was him

Comment

• brogdon out... should be interesting

Comment

• him coming back second round means he will take a while to get back to form.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Brogdon is a legit 40/50/90 guy. Huge loss for them. Guess that bumps up George Hill in their rotation. Is he washed up yet?

OK....I have seen this... I have read this..... on how to post a tweet in native format... straight from the input box...
                                So.. why does still not work....?

Is there a set up box I need to check or do I need to clear a cache somewhere ?

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 17, 2019, 01:51 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X