Question & Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Do you guys really think that DeMar wasn't a competent dribbler?
    Not until more recently, imo. I'm not sure they would have gone with the 2 PG line up's if he was more competent as a ball handler (which is what I meant).

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Do you guys really think that DeMar wasn't a competent dribbler?
      He was, but his decision making with the ball was questionable at times. When his shot isn’t falling, he goes head first at the rim to try and draw fouls, didn’t work out in the Playoffs.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Fun fact - FVV's career 3P% and last season's 3P% are both better than Danny Green's. FVV's also a strong defender - a small guy, but that rarely mattered in crunch time last season as so many teams finish small.

That said I don't think there's really a wrong choice. If DG returns to health and is better than last season, he's a great option to close. May come down to who's hot and matchups.

FVV as a second ballhandler is a legitimate advantage Green can't give you - but that may be affected by how Kawhi's used in crunch time. DeMar always shifted from initiating offence to finishing it over the course of the game, so 2 PG's helped closing out 4ths.
        Over how many shots? DG is a legitimate floor spacer which I don't think you can call FVV. Maybe I'm wrong here, but never thought of FVV that way.

Agree, I don't think there is a wrong choice, but I think DG is the best choice to close games.

Agree again, FVV is the better ball handler, but as you mentioned will they need him out there with Kawhi and Lowry as the primary ball handlers. No point in moving Lowry off ball to emphasize him as a shooting threat when you have DG out there with him. It makes doubling Kawhi near impossible. Fuck I can't wait!

Comment

FVV isn’t a sharpshooter, hes a player with solid IQ that takes efficient shots.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Over how many shots? DG is a legitimate floor spacer which I don't think you can call FVV. Maybe I'm wrong here, but never thought of FVV that way.!
            Yeah, DG shot a bit more but played more minutes (Fred 3.4 3PA per game, DG 4.6) but their per 36 3PA were nearly identical, so they were shooting at similar rates while on the floor (6.2 vs 6.4).

The "gravity" thing is a good point, I'd expect Green pulls in defenders more by reputation. FVV was a relative unknown though and he could get there if he keeps this up.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Should there be any concern that some fans don't truly embrace Kawhi and make him feel like home, and part of the Community?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Should there be any concern that some fans don't truly embrace Kawhi and make him feel like home, and part of the Community?
                yes, because loyalty.

Should we petition that arena to be called the ACC again?
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Not until more recently, imo. I'm not sure they would have gone with the 2 PG line up's if he was more competent as a ball handler (which is what I meant).
                  Of the 75 players who put up 10 points/ 3 assists per game last year, DeRozan had the 5th lowest turnover percentage. Over the past 3 seasons combined he was 3rd lowest of 71.

The bad ball-handling criticism has not been applicable for a while imo.

Fun fact: #1 over the past three years? Kawhi Leonard.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                    yes, because loyalty.
                    Nah, respecting DeMar and welcoming Kawhi are not mutually exclusive, and painting it as such is just one more way to throw passive-aggressive potshots at DeMar on his way out the door.

Comment

If Kawhi is healthy/drama free and the team is the best it ever been then no.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Of the 75 players who put up 10 points/ 3 assists per game last year, DeRozan had the 5th lowest turnover percentage. Over the past 3 seasons combined he was 3rd lowest of 71.

The bad ball-handling criticism has not been applicable for a while imo.

Fun fact: #1 over the past three years? Kawhi Leonard.
                        Yeah, we don't need to retcon DeMar's strengths into weaknesses to appreciate this deal.

The crazy part of Kawhi is not that he's amazing at the stuff DeMar was terrible at (and he is), it's that on top of that, he's somehow a little better at almost all the stuff DeMar was good at too.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nah, respecting DeMar and welcoming Kawhi are not mutually exclusive, and painting it as such is just one more way to throw passive-aggressive potshots at DeMar on his way out the door.
                          It’s a valid question: does the casual fan prefer having a legit finals contender for one year, or having a lesser American star who genuinely loves Toronto forever with no real shot at the finals.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                            yes, because loyalty.

Should we petition that arena to be called the ACC again?
                            No. ACC doesn't mean anything to anyone outside of Canada. Scotiabank is much more recognizable to the US, as it's one of the bigger foreign banks in America. Would lead to more marketing opportunities if not just the name recognition I would think.

Comment

This thread would have been less of a mess if y'all had stuck to Abbas's original True or False format.

Let's try again:

True or False: Kawhi Leonard is a robot.
                              This thread looks like a disaster. Should have let the GOAT thread maker, I mean Abbas, create it. He's probably too busy working his sources for any kind of rumours though.

Let's see if I can get this going again...

False. Kawhi Leonard is 1/2 robot, 1/4 alien and 1/4 human.

True or False:

OG will play in the rookie/sophomore game this year.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                This thread looks like a disaster. Should have let the GOAT thread maker, I mean Abbas, create it. He's probably too busy working his sources for any kind of rumours though.

Let's see if I can get this going again...

False. Kawhi Leonard is 1/2 robot, 1/4 alien and 1/4 human.

True or False:

OG will play in the rookie/sophomore game this year.
                                True! OG will play in the game.

True or false:

The raptors will average more than 35 three point attempts per game?

Comment

Working...
                                X