No announcement yet.

Question & Answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone think the NBAPA Pursues the "10-and-5 Rights" like they have in Baseball, where-by if a player has 10 years league experience, and has been with a team for 5 years, they have full veto over trades... thinking this might come to light because of Derozan, what with Carter even saying he "deserves to finish his career in Toronto" .. though he wouldn't have even qualified for it. Thought it was an interesting "rule" though which I had never heard about.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/10-and-5-rights

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Hopefully...? I'll go with yes. (making the finals)

When the talking heads are talking, when is the first time the greatness of Kawhi is not qualified by "when/if he's healthy"?
      5th Game of the regular season.

Now that we have a SG's that can competently dribble, do we return to a more standard use of our back up PG's or do we continue with the 3 PG line-up's

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Anyone think the NBAPA Pursues the "10-and-5 Rights" like they have in Baseball, where-by if a player has 10 years league experience, and has been with a team for 5 years, they have full veto over trades... thinking this might come to light because of Derozan, what with Carter even saying he "deserves to finish his career in Toronto" .. though he wouldn't have even qualified for it. Thought it was an interesting "rule" though which I had never heard about.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/10-and-5-rights
        The NBA has a similar rule. Players are able to negotiate for no-trade clauses after they are in the league for 8 years and with the same team for 4 years. It just doesn't apply to everyone, only those who negotiate for it.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Now that we have a SG's that can competently dribble, do we return to a more standard use of our back up PG's or do we continue with the 3 PG line-up's
          Two PGs will definitely still be heavily used, FVV and Wright off the bench, and probably closing with FVV and Lowry. The 3 PG lineups were a rarity even under Casey, and I doubt there is room for them now with all our wings.

Out of curiosity, which SG did we acquire that can competently dribble? I wouldn't classify Green that way, for example.

Uh, the next question: what inane phrase will Matty D come up with to describe Kawhi making a great play?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Two PGs will definitely still be heavily used, FVV and Wright off the bench, and probably closing with FVV and Lowry. The 3 PG lineups were a rarity even under Casey, and I doubt there is room for them now with all our wings.

Out of curiosity, which SG did we acquire that can competently dribble? I wouldn't classify Green that way, for example.

Uh, the next question: what inane phrase will Matty D come up with to describe Kawhi making a great play?
            You think they close with FVV? Would have thought Lowry, DG to close.

Both DG and Kawhi can play SG, and both can dribble, create fairly competently with one of the back up PG's so I could definitely see a return to more standard use of our PG's.

Comment

I've pondered this long and hard as well ... figured it out ... "Ka-why not?!" I'll put money on it coming out of his mouth at least a few times.

Comment

The NBA has a similar rule. Players are able to negotiate for no-trade clauses after they are in the league for 8 years and with the same team for 4 years. It just doesn't apply to everyone, only those who negotiate for it.
                True. Forgot about that part. Probably as good as the PA is going to get on that front I guess.

Comment

"The Kawhuiet assassin!"

Will Kyle Lowry show up to camp as skinny Lowry, or booty Lowry?
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

You think they close with FVV? Would have thought Lowry, DG to close.

Both DG and Kawhi can play SG, and both can dribble, create fairly competently with one of the back up PG's so I could definitely see a return to more standard use of our PG's.
                    Green is not a guy I want dribbling, or venturing inside the 3 point line ever. I'd be very surprised if we saw the team go away from two PG benches or closing with two PGs fairly often.

I very much think they will often close with FVV and Lowry, and although they'll probably explore options early on, I'd bet on them ending up the every night closing guards by the halfway point of the season.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Green is not a guy I want dribbling, or venturing inside the 3 point line ever. I'd be very surprised if we saw the team go away from two PG benches or closing with two PGs fairly often.

I very much think they will often close with FVV and Lowry, and although they'll probably explore options early on, I'd bet on them ending up the every night closing guards by the halfway point of the season.
                      But DG won't have a lot of responsibilities handling the ball anyway. When and if he starts, Lowry and Kawhi will be the primaries. Unless you think that Nurse is going to play him at SF with the back up PG's? Don't see a tonne of that coming.

And I'll take that bet. I think DG's 3&D combination will be more valuable to close games out when they want to space the floor for Kawhi.

Comment

But DG won't have a lot of responsibilities handling the ball anyway. When and if he starts, Lowry and Kawhi will be the primaries. Unless you think that Nurse is going to play him at SF with the back up PG's? Don't see a tonne of that coming.

And I'll take that bet. I think DG's 3&D combination will be more valuable to close games out when they want to space the floor for Kawhi.
                        Fun fact - FVV's career 3P% and last season's 3P% are both better than Danny Green's. FVV's also a strong defender - a small guy, but that rarely mattered in crunch time last season as so many teams finish small.

That said I don't think there's really a wrong choice. If DG returns to health and is better than last season, he's a great option to close. May come down to who's hot and matchups.

FVV as a second ballhandler is a legitimate advantage Green can't give you - but that may be affected by how Kawhi's used in crunch time. DeMar always shifted from initiating offence to finishing it over the course of the game, so 2 PG's helped closing out 4ths.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Fun fact - FVV's career 3P% and last season's 3P% are both better than Danny Green's. FVV's also a strong defender - a small guy, but that rarely mattered in crunch time last season as so many teams finish small.

That said I don't think there's really a wrong choice. If DG returns to health and is better than last season, he's a great option to close. May come down to who's hot and matchups.

FVV as a second ballhandler is a legitimate advantage Green can't give you - but that may be affected by how Kawhi's used in crunch time. DeMar always shifted from initiating offence to finishing it over the course of the game, so 2 PG's helped closing out 4ths.
                          Well, Kawhi is more of a pure finisher rather than initiator compared to DeMar in the first place, so I would definitely expect to close with multiple ball handlers (who can shoot and defend, critically) unless there is a very specific matchup that will kill a defensive pair of Lowry/FVV (pretty rare).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This thread would have been less of a mess if y'all had stuck to Abbas's original True or False format.

Let's try again:

True or False: Kawhi Leonard is a robot.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              This thread would have been less of a mess if y'all had stuck to Abbas's original True or False format.

Let's try again:

True or False: Kawhi Leonard is a robot.
                              You're supposed to start by answering a question, you already ruined it.

Answer: False, Kawhi Leonard was created by a 3D printer to play basketball.

T/F question: When TRex declares himself a Bulls fan or tries repeatedly to throw off a summer Q&A thread with random questions, he actually just needs a hug and some attention
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Do you guys really think that DeMar wasn't a competent dribbler?
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X