Who Breaks Out This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I'm suddenly really worried about who will be in those Go Daddy ads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, 2pat also had a "supporting role" in one of those ads, then proceeded to stink in the following playoffs, then the team let him walk in free agency ... its a damn curse

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'm suddenly really worried about who will be in those Go Daddy ads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Masai needs to put the foot down.
      ... Or a players only meeting.
      No more Go Daddy.
      Go F Yerself Daddy.

Comment

Good question.

Excited to see OG after a true offseason that isn't about rehabing, could see him taking a pretty huge leap. Probably won't have a huge leap as an individual scorer, but he doesn't need to create off the dribble and man, he should be great at everything else. Everything I've read and watched about Siakam says that he is working like a madman which is encouraging, especially considering he should have plenty of opportunity. As others have mentioned, JV should have improved numbers due to playing more and playing behind the best perimeter defensive lineup in the league.

It will be interesting to watch Delon and FVV this year as well. Not sure im sold on a break out year for Delon as much as maturing into the role of a solid two way player who can fit into any lineup. FVV was really really good last year, how much better can he be? As much as I like the Raps point guards, I find it hard to believe they keep all three of them long term, will be something to think about as the season goes on.

I'm still a little skeptical that Siakam's growth is more hype than actual growth and he will not make a big enough leap shooting, so I would say: 1) OG 2) Siakam 3) JV

Comment

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...ummer-success/

Absolutely great to read. I had my doubts whether the benchmob could repeat but this gives me further hope. Go Raps

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Absolutely great to read. I had my doubts whether the benchmob could repeat but this gives me further hope. Go Raps
            Damn, really can't wait to see Siakam in preseason now.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks G. Got me pumped up for the season to start. Hell for the pre-season to start. Aw hell I would pay to see tape of a Raptors workout in the next couple of weeks.

Guys start showing up officially on September 15th. I want leaks and rumours. Tweeted photos, interviews and sound bites. Green better start doing 2-3 podcasts a week.

Comment

Wow, that was a fun read! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  I would say JV
                  Under Nick Nurse he may get regular 4th quarter minutes.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Wow, that was a fun read! Thanks for sharing.
                    I'm jerking off to it right now

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      I'm jerking off to it right now

Lol, I literally got goosebumps from reading the article. Not sure if that reflects the quality of the writing/content, or just the reality of the off-season.

Comment

Lol, I literally got goosebumps from reading the article. Not sure if that reflects the quality of the writing/content, or just the reality of the off-season.
                        This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          This is not the first powerful article about siakam. There is clearly something special about him in particular, even more so than OG who we all got hype for.

I remember when we drafted him, most people went "who?"..he was the bonus first round pick after the much discussed Knicks #9 (peoltl), and many people wanted others still on the board. Masai went for the supposed energy guy from a small school and we hoped he be maybe the next Jerome Williams. It's quite clear this has become a diamond in the rough
                          He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

But the work ethic is definitely promising.

Comment

He still has to prove he can shoot. I haven't forgot about his 0-68 streak over 20+ games from behind the arc, lol.

Judging from all the summer clips, his shooting form is still lacking smoothness/refinement. Doesn't seem to bend his knees enough, lacking arc, etc.

Siakam's longest 0-fer 3 point streak last season was 14 games, where he went 0-for-25. That's really bad. But not quite as bad as you make out. It was part of a 28 game long 3-for-59 stretch, though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                I agree. Lots of off-season praise for Pascal and a lot riding on his development, but he has to prove it on the court.

Does anyone have stats for how he performed in the playoff series against the Cav's? The lasting impression I have is how poorly he defended LeBron.
                                He definitely fell short against the Cavs - we spent way too much time with him as primary on LeBron instead of OG.

Hard to show statistically though... Everyone looked awful statistically in that series (FVV probably had the best showing, with his -1.1 net rating).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X