No announcement yet.

Who Breaks Out This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siakham biggest leap because he's coming from further down now that the Casey shackles are off. JV should have a great solid year though, same reason' it seemed like Casey tried to torpedo him every dood game.

Comment

JV probably has the biggest statistical jump. I think in games where he's got it going finishing the first half with 20+ points, he'll get his chances to go for 40 in a couple of games, whereas under Casey he would often get 2 touches over the entire second half and end up with 22 pts for the game while sitting out the entire 4th. He'll also average more minutes on a regular basis, I'd say 29 mins per. On season he should average somewhere between 16 and 18 pts per and 11-12 rbs.
      Biggest jump in quality of game should come though from either OG or Pascal. It won't be reflected in the stats as much though. Unless one of them becomes a sniper and consistently makes 3-4 threes a game.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        I think Norm re-breaks out this season. It was like he forgot how to play last year and every dram of confidence he had in himself went south too. He has had the summer to mentally regroup and Nurse has confidence there is a good player in there. Guy has all the tools. Think he gets back on the rails this year ...along with Delon Wright. He showed well last year and he is a year older and stronger.
        If I'm Masai, I'm like dude your music career is OVER until your NBA career is. If you don't agree, I'll trade your ass to Brooklyn.

Comment

Why does everyone think that JV will be used in a drastically different way within the offence?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Why does everyone think that JV will be used in a drastically different way within the offence?
            Because we'll finally have a clipboard inside game from the coach. Lowry used to force feed him to start the game occasionally, DeMar never did and Casey pretty much sobotaged any game where he was the hottest player in the first Q. To me, it's more like he won't be misused and abused than any drastic different way to use him. Nurse is going to breathe new life into him imo

Comment

Ima break out with a 15 game win streak on my game threads

watch for me!

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                Ima break out with a 15 game win streak on my game threads

watch for me!
                Save some for the playoffs, Z.

Comment

Playoffs JV all year long!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Playoffs JV all year long!
                    If only. Finals in 6.

Comment

Not that I think he can have a break out season beyond what we've seen, but I expect Lowry to be more efficient from the field this season. Maybe not efficient like 2016-2017, but somewhere between that and last season.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Not that I think he can have a break out season beyond what we've seen, but I expect Lowry to be more efficient from the field this season. Maybe not efficient like 2016-2017, but somewhere between that and last season.
                        Not a big window there... eFG% of 55.3% last year, 56.9% the year before.

You might indeed see his FG% go up if he gets more opportunities to score inside with the ball in his hands more and Kawhi spreading the floor, but his overall field goal efficiency probably stays about the same. More free throws could drive his TS% back up closer to 16-17 levels, which would be nice (he still did great last year, with his 2nd highest TS% of his career at 59.8%, but was a little lower than his ridiculous 62.3% the year before).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Not a big window there... eFG% of 55.3% last year, 56.9% the year before.

You might indeed see his FG% go up if he gets more opportunities to score inside with the ball in his hands more and Kawhi spreading the floor, but his overall field goal efficiency probably stays about the same. More free throws could drive his TS% back up closer to 16-17 levels, which would be nice (he still did great last year, with his 2nd highest TS% of his career at 59.8%, but was a little lower than his ridiculous 62.3% the year before).
                          That was an amazing year for him...well anyone. I'm expecting him to have all sorts of rooms to shoot this season with the floor so well spread. Also, don't see him working so hard on defence with the expected improvement around him. You're right thought it's going to be hard to significantly improve.

Comment

And even though Kyle was not at all the problem in the post season last year, as the numbers show, let’s hope that when all is said and done we can call this his breakout season in the playoffs, where the optics show that he massively contributes to a dominating, winning squad, that handles opponents effectively and does nothing but march straight on forward.

Comment

I think JV could have yet another breakout year, with more consistent touches and increased playing time. Improved perimeter defense should also mean less defensive effort is required, keeping him fresh for the offensive end.

Siakham (more playing time and improving 3pt shot) and Wright (staying healthy and more playing time) should also see big boosts.

I will say the biggest risk is the player chosen to be the Raptors' representative in the Go Daddy ads. Two years ago it was JV, and he took a step backward. Last year it was Powell, and he completely disappeared. That opportunity is cursed!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                I think JV could have yet another breakout year, with more consistent touches and increased playing time. Improved perimeter defense should also mean less defensive effort is required, keeping him fresh for the offensive end.

Siakham (more playing time and improving 3pt shot) and Wright (staying healthy and more playing time) should also see big boosts.

I will say the biggest risk is the player chosen to be the Raptors' representative in the Go Daddy ads. Two years ago it was JV, and he took a step backward. Last year it was Powell, and he completely disappeared. That opportunity is cursed!
                                I'm suddenly really worried about who will be in those Go Daddy ads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X