Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadDinosaur
    replied
    JV probably has the biggest statistical jump. I think in games where he's got it going finishing the first half with 20+ points, he'll get his chances to go for 40 in a couple of games, whereas under Casey he would often get 2 touches over the entire second half and end up with 22 pts for the game while sitting out the entire 4th. He'll also average more minutes on a regular basis, I'd say 29 mins per. On season he should average somewhere between 16 and 18 pts per and 11-12 rbs.
    Biggest jump in quality of game should come though from either OG or Pascal. It won't be reflected in the stats as much though. Unless one of them becomes a sniper and consistently makes 3-4 threes a game.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Siakham biggest leap because he's coming from further down now that the Casey shackles are off. JV should have a great solid year though, same reason' it seemed like Casey tried to torpedo him every dood game.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    With all the talk, I would have to think JV. He'll get mad playing time under Nurse, with an emphasis on him as a centrepoint offensively.

After that, I'd have to think it's between Siakam and OG. Siakam more likely, because he's further along development-wise than OG, and he'll be on a lineup without Lowry/Leonard.

With Siakam likely playing alongside VanVleet-Wright-Powell/Miles-Ibaka/Monroe, he'll have the touches and liberty to create.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Siakam stands to have a great year, and will build up on what he improved upon last year already (passing, handles, plays at the rim, and defence), but a lot of it will come down to his 3pt shot.

If he reaches and sustains 36%+, I'd say he will likely be the MIP on this team. If not, someone else could take a bigger leap, including Wright and JV.

If Norm simply returns to his natural form, he would be the team MIP (simply because the drop-off last year from the year prior was so big), but unfortunately for him, there likely won't be enough minutes on this team for him to do that. So I think it will come down to Siakam/Wright/JV.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Going to go with JV as well. I just think Nurse is going to unleash the beast. JV will be a dark horse candidate for MIP.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Siakam takes the leap.

All of Siakam, OG, Delon, and JV get more opportunity than they have in the past and up production just for that fact alone, FVV is steady and plays a key role like last year, but it's Siakam who makes the biggest developmental leap.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I'm going with OG, FVV and Monroe, in that order.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I would like OG to have a breakout season. It will give us insurance if Kawhi leaves and raise our ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I think Norm re-breaks out this season. It was like he forgot how to play last year and every dram of confidence he had in himself went south too. He has had the summer to mentally regroup and Nurse has confidence there is a good player in there. Guy has all the tools. Think he gets back on the rails this year ...along with Delon Wright. He showed well last year and he is a year older and stronger.

Siakam to win.
    Wright to place.
    Powell to show.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    I think Wright is going to have a huge season; he's going to get a lot of playing time at the 2, And any combination of him, OG and Siakam is going to be a nightmare for opposing offenses.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    SiakAm is my pick. Especially if Ibaka regresses even more.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I can't believe Brown is still here. He seems like the generic point guard in a video game. "A. Brown, 6 ft, medium dark tone, head band. 55 rating in every category" just a default 4th string point guard (although in the old days he would have been backup. Skip to my lou was once starter.. wow

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I really think that Leonard guy will play way better for the Raptors than he's played for the Raptors in the past.

JV is a good guess for a jump in numbers. I'd say the guy with the easiest path to breaking out is Siakam. If he can shoot this year, look out (specifically, look out Serge). Big if though. Could see Wright have a big year too if the new aggressive defence plays to his strengths more.

Brown is basically dead last on every list.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    I would say JV

Leave a comment:

Working...
X