Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Toronto media, no more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Its just a preference for a lot of bballers. A lot of them grew up in rough neighbourhoods and want a penthouse in nyc or a crib in LA with pool and palms. I never heard if not wanting to play until around vince carter. Never heard it when the jays started, never heard it with the leafs. Its just younguns like tmac types who want the orlando home with the pool to invite their boys and smoke blunts. Even tmac regretted it when he matured he realized he missed out on a basketball opportunity because he wanted to be cool by the pool. Also the euros dig it here more and if you look at lowry and DD once you become parents toronto is great because its safe and open. Look at what casey said in his goodbye letter

    Comment


    • #47
      GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
      Only geography questions today, please.
      When will we see peace in the middle east?
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • #48
        KeonClark wrote: View Post
        When will we see peace in the middle east?

        Comment


        • #49
          Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Its just a preference for a lot of bballers. A lot of them grew up in rough neighbourhoods and want a penthouse in nyc or a crib in LA with pool and palms. I never heard if not wanting to play until around vince carter. Never heard it when the jays started, never heard it with the leafs. Its just younguns like tmac types who want the orlando home with the pool to invite their boys and smoke blunts. Even tmac regretted it when he matured he realized he missed out on a basketball opportunity because he wanted to be cool by the pool. Also the euros dig it here more and if you look at lowry and DD once you become parents toronto is great because its safe and open. Look at what casey said in his goodbye letter
          Blunts are going to be legal before the season starts.
          We don't have Trump as our President (Say what you want about Trudeau, but he's not even in the same conversation as Trump). You get paid in US$ but pay with CAD$ in Toronto.
          Although not perfect, our society's relationship with people of colour is lightyears beyond the US.
          The city is vibrant.
          The nightlife is one of the best for a NBA city.
          The owners have crazy deep pockets.
          Endorsement contracts are easily National contracts.
          You are essentially playing for a country.
          Our fans are crazy passionate.

          We should not have an inferiority complex. If Kawhi leaves, it's for his reasons. It will have nothing to do with the city. I sure as hell hope he doesn't, but if he does, someday a superstar will figure it out.

          If you win it all in Toronto, you will have legend status. Full Stop.

          Comment


          • #50
            For sure I agree you dont need to convince me. Toronto rocks! Ive talked to others and it doesnt matter where you go in the world when you return to Toronto you get a warm fuzzy feeling.

            Comment


            • #51
              There is a narrative, it's still alive and well. There are plenty of Canadian fans that are Lakers/Bulls/Celtics fans that go, "who wants to play in Toronto?" "Kawhi is leaving as soon as he gets the chance." yadayadayada.

              I'm from Vancouver, never once stepped foot into Ontario soil. So, I'm of the outside-looking in perspective.

              What I find annoying, is that the question had to be asked nearly 6 times.

              What should've been asked, was, yes, do you want to play in Toronto, and is this a long-term commitment. That's it. We all need that response, because we hadn't heard it UNTIL the press conference. Especially when his camp came out and said they have no interest in playing in Toronto.

              There were more important questions to ask, like his chemistry with Kyle, potential relationship with Nurse, what he's looking forward to from the organization, why he feels he'll fit in, etc. He didn't get enough basketball questions... for a basketball player...

              You can disagree with me, as part of the media I have a different opinion, but most of them are doing their jobs, and if Doug hadn't asked that question, none of us would've been able to see, feel, and hear that human side (and terribly hilarious laugh) from Kawhi. He looked loose, and was having a great time.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

              Comment


              • #52
                ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                ...if Doug hadn't asked that question, none of us would've been able to see, feel, and hear that human side (and terribly hilarious laugh) from Kawhi. He looked loose...
                If we wanna get technical, it was the fact that Kawhi couldn't locate Doug in the crowd, that resulted in the laugh, not Doug's question per se.

                Doug could've asked who his favourite Power Ranger is, and it likely would've got the same "I don't know where you are" laugh

                Comment


                • #53
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  If we wanna get technical, it was the fact that Kawhi couldn't locate Doug in the crowd, that resulted in the laugh, not Doug's question per se.

                  Doug could've asked who his favourite Power Ranger is, and it likely would've got the same "I don't know where you are" laugh
                  You can never see Doug Smith. Until it's too late. But hes always there. Watching. Waiting. Comiserating.

                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    You can never see Doug Smith. Until it's too late. But hes always there. Watching. Waiting. Comiserating.

                    It's official...Doug Smith is tenforthewin

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      It's official...Doug Smith is tenforthewin
                      Tenforthewin...
                      Ten friggin chins..

                      !!! It is him
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Tenforthewin...
                        Ten friggin chins..

                        !!! It is him

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          If we wanna get technical, it was the fact that Kawhi couldn't locate Doug in the crowd, that resulted in the laugh, not Doug's question per se.

                          Doug could've asked who his favourite Power Ranger is, and it likely would've got the same "I don't know where you are" laugh
                          This is true, but if he hadn't asked anything, then.... NO LAUGH.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I think when you come from where masai came from and work your way up like he did, you come to Toronto and see all the prosperity, opportunity and advantages, you tend to go, "what in Gods name is everybody here whining about??"
                            Cosigned 70% of the planet.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Not to look past the obvious failures of sun media or the other lazy first day back to work beat writers that went in looking for easy quotables. But maybe this had good vibes beyond that glorious laugh. I mean it's unreliably been reported KLAW is looking for a big market. CP24 and Global and Okanagan Times etc coming out of the woodwork to report a puff piece on him does make it seem like a bigger deal to those infront of the cameras.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X