Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 1: Portland Trail Blazers @ Toronto Raptors in Vancity - Sat Sept 29th, 7pm ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Hmmmm....his prime days in OKC were at C though. Can't see Nurse wanting both JV and Serge in the post. Serge and JV in separate line-up's?
    I think as danh has been harping, a lot of Serge at backup 5
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      It can also be used to house your toothbrush and ear medicine.
      $19.99...I just ordered one

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Hmmmm....his prime days in OKC were at C though. Can't see Nurse wanting both JV and Serge in the post. Serge and JV in separate line-up's?
        What? He played almost entirely at PF in basically his whole career, including in OKC.

Problem is now he doesn't move as well, and he was never a very high IQ player so he would rely on his athleticism to cover up mistakes. This makes it hard to play him at PF defensively for long stretches.

Offensively, the post has always been a fairly small part of his game, and in general he's not a guy who creates. He needs to catch the ball in finishing situations. However, he still has the size and enough spring to simply get a shot over his man in the post a fair amount. In his peak years in OKC, he was being assisted on well over 70% of his 2pt FGs (lowest % was 74.1% in his best years). A physical decline could help explain that too, if he could more easily slash through the lane without needing to dribble before going up for a dunk/layup. Basically they could be looking to limit his "in-between" game by trying limit the times he has to catch/handle the ball from the perimeter. That's when he tends to get himself into the most trouble.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I don't have any inside info, just a guess. I think we'll likely see a few different starting lineups during the preseason. Nurse strikes me as a tinkerer.
          The belief is Green will start, but Nurse will likely play with different starting lineups for pre-season, esp. between Green/Ibaka/Anunoby.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Does anyone know if this game is on sportsnet or tsn?

Comment

TSN2, mentioned above

Comment

Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor. Still hasn’t sunk in. Maybe when I see him play tomorrow.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                  Kawhi Leonard is a Toronto Raptor. Still hasn’t sunk in. Maybe when I see him play tomorrow.
                  mfw I see Kawhi in the starting lineup graphic tomorrow night:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    mfw I see Kawhi in the starting lineup graphic tomorrow night:

How do we know hes starting?

Might be a good 6th man

I'm sorry I'm bored and my post quality is dropping by the minute

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      How do we know hes starting?

Might be a good 6th man

I'm sorry I'm bored and my post quality is dropping by the minute
                      Heard he doesn't like talking to the media, let's trade him.

#Can'tLetItGo
                      #TimeToMoveOn
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Let"s go. I am pumped. How i've missed basketball, and we got kawhi leonard baby!
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Thank all the powers that be. Raptors NBA basketball tomorrow night. TSGR.

Solo pumped for this season.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Thank all the powers that be. Raptors NBA basketball tomorrow night. TSGR.

Solo pumped for this season.
                            no puffer this is not a solo mission. We are all pumped right with you

Comment

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                no puffer this is not a solo mission. We are all pumped right with you
                                Ha ha ha. Stupid auto correct. "So pumped." "SO."

Comment

Working...
                                X