Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 1: Portland Trail Blazers @ Toronto Raptors in Vancity - Sat Sept 29th, 7pm ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
    JV looked awesome in the highlights I watched.

People always talked about how DeRozan used to get better every year, but (especially from the start of last season) I feel like we are really seeing this from JV.

We also often forget (since it feels like he's been around for so long), that he just turned 26 this May, (about the same age as Delon Wright, who we always talk about as a player with great "potential"). JV is young and at this rate there is nothing to stop him from continuing to add to his game and improve across the board.

If Norm comes back it'd feel like another miracle. Our guard and wing depth is enviable.
    DD as well was the #1 option most of the last few years and touched the ball on just about every offensive play. We had to notice the improvements. JV was constrained... by coaching or even by teammates and he never complained (at least in the media). The guard centric philosophy kind of stunted his ability to "express" himself offensively. I do hope Nurse sustains JV's involvement in game plans.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Courtesy E Koreen

Leave a comment:

• veda-parabolist
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I don't know if it was just motivation. JV looked more fluid than he has for like 3 or 4 years imo. The way he twisted his body on the pumpfake layup was a real clue that he's in terrific shape.

Also liked some of what I saw from Norm. It's nice to see him feeling confident.

JV looked awesome in the highlights I watched.

People always talked about how DeRozan used to get better every year, but (especially from the start of last season) I feel like we are really seeing this from JV.

We also often forget (since it feels like he's been around for so long), that he just turned 26 this May, (about the same age as Delon Wright, who we always talk about as a player with great "potential"). JV is young and at this rate there is nothing to stop him from continuing to add to his game and improve across the board.

If Norm comes back it'd feel like another miracle. Our guard and wing depth is enviable.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Although not a bum,
    He will be the 10th or 11th best rotation player I think. Everybody else is either an all star, a young improving thoroughbred, or Ibaka. Once I heard miles but his body fat % in half and gained an extra half step i knew green would be getting left behind. So deep, and everyone is always working its gonna be cutthroat just to get 20 min a night.

We've come a long way from the bleak post Vince/post Bosh days
    Eh we often over-react to youth. Not sure how I would rank everyone, but if healthy I expect Green to play a huge role. I agree in a sense though, I'd feel comfortable starting any of the top 10/11 guys (depending on the lineup no Miles/Ibaka front court lol). Green can fit into any lineup and contribute, which will be awesome.

Definitely want to see the Siakam three point shot come alive, only thing really holding him back at this point. I think you close with OG in at pf if Siakam can't hit a corner three consistently. Obviously haven't seen OG yet, but he proved he was not just a reliable shooter last year but also clutch, plus you don't need any playmaking from him playing alongside Lowry, FVV, Kawhi, JV. You would like to have Siakam's energy in there though.

Man that was fun, I missed basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    This is the phrase that constitutes foreplay in Boston.

With that in mind...why there are so many Chowderheads remains a mystery.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I don't know if it was just motivation. JV looked more fluid than he has for like 3 or 4 years imo. The way he twisted his body on the pumpfake layup was a real clue that he's in terrific shape.
    JV has been working on his mobility for a couple years now, got a 3 pt shot last year, and apparently has been working hard on his handle and Nurse wants him to use it. In all the (justified) excitement for OG + Siakam developmental potential, we may be sleeping on the just how much JV is proving able to expand his game. Good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Also liked some of what I saw from Norm. It's nice to see him feeling confident.

Good start to the Kawhi-Nurse era!
    Even if DeRozan Leonard swap never happened, I think wed be much better. The internal growth is real. The Kawhi trade obviously makes this season very very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    veda-parabolist wrote: View Post
    I missed the game, when I tuned in it was the team clapping for the fans (nice) and a post-game interview, but what I gathered from browsing the last few pages of this thread was:

JV didn't start. CJ did (!), due to OG sitting out (due to death in the family).

Despite not starting, JV was dominant. (if I recall, JV has always had his best games the couple times that he didn't start. Gets him a little pissed off and extra-motivated If I remember correctly).

Kawhi was taking it slow but looked good out there, sounds like.

Sounds great, I'll take it!

Good start to the Kawhi-Nurse era!

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Utah may be overconfident on Tuesday - they're leading the Perth Wildcats 88 to 38(!) with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.
    Wha?? Lmao

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Utah may be overconfident on Tuesday - they're leading the Perth Wildcats 88 to 38(!) with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Danny green is a bum
    Damn dude, already? lol

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Thibs being Thibs - Wiggins and Towns with 26 and 24 minutes respectively in their opener against Golden State. Derek Rose, he of the rubber-band knees, also with 20 minutes.

The game was in Golden State, so can't even point to home fans etc.
    Last edited by Ebonhawke; Sat Sep 29, 2018, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Danny green is a bum
    Although not a bum,
    He will be the 10th or 11th best rotation player I think. Everybody else is either an all star, a young improving thoroughbred, or Ibaka. Once I heard miles but his body fat % in half and gained an extra half step i knew green would be getting left behind. So deep, and everyone is always working its gonna be cutthroat just to get 20 min a night.

We've come a long way from the bleak post Vince/post Bosh days

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Danny green is a bum
    Settle down.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Danny green is a bum

Leave a comment: