Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Keon is right. If you're Minnesota you gotta let him go but Thibs fucked it up
    Minnesota had a promising young core, watched Chicago rot their potential from the inside out, and were like "hey lets bring all those problems up here" lmao
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #77
      Fury wrote: View Post
      When are we going to stop talking about Towns and Wiggins "ceiling?"

      Towns has been in the league for 4 yrs Keon and he still couldn't lead the team anywhere. If Butler did not get traded to MIN last year, they probably would finish in the lottery again. Again, look at their record after Butler got hurt last year. They were awful.

      Compare Towns to Embiid. Last year was Embiid's first full year in the NBA and he led the Sixers to the ECF.
      Sixers were knocked out in the 2nd round.

      Comment


      • #78
        Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Sixers were knocked out in the 2nd round.
        You're right. My bad. Still....that's pretty impressive.
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • #79
          Fury wrote: View Post
          When are we going to stop talking about Towns and Wiggins "ceiling?"
          When they're older than 22 & 23 years old? Lol

          Fury wrote: View Post
          Towns has been in the league for 4 yrs Keon and he still couldn't lead the team anywhere. If Butler did not get traded to MIN last year, they probably would finish in the lottery again. Again, look at their record after Butler got hurt last year. They were awful.

          Compare Towns to Embiid. Last year was Embiid's first full year in the NBA and he led the Sixers to the ECF.
          Towns has played 3 full seasons, not 4. And the Eastern Conference is significantly different than the Western Conference, so I'm not sure about your Embiid argument, especially considering that Embiid is 2 years older than Towns, and Towns had a better 2nd year than Embiids 2nd year, statistically speaking.

          Comment


          • #80
            Fury wrote: View Post
            You're right. My bad. Still....that's pretty impressive.
            Minnesota would've made it to the 2nd round too if they played Miami. They played Houston, the 2nd best team in the NBA last year.

            Comment


            • #81
              golden wrote: View Post
              Ed Davis is underrated. Uber efficient, tough, consistent. He does everything Tristan Thompson does at 1/4 the price. Slightly better, actually. Check out this comparison.

              http://bkref.com/tiny/rx4UM
              Yeah.. on a PER36 they are pretty comparable over their careers..

              Comment


              • #82
                Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Minnesota would've made it to the 2nd round too if they played Miami. They played Houston, the 2nd best team in the NBA last year.
                Without Butler? with Towns as "the man?" no way. They played like a lottery team last year without him. They wouldn't even make the playoffs.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #83
                  Even if you're not crazy about their young core. You don't build around Butler. He's too old and not good enough to win it all for you
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      consmap wrote: View Post
                      Yeah after reading all of that, I'll pass on Butler
                      Ditto.

                      Honestly; not worth the risk for disfunction at this point. Officially off the Butler train.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Yeah.. on a PER36 they are pretty comparable over their careers..
                        Yeah but Tristan is way more efficient in the amount of ho's banged while in a relationship with a kid at home. The underrated advanced stat, WHORES, not found on bball ref
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Yikes, stay classy Jimmy.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Bottom line is who the fuck let's thibs run EVERYTHING? who the fuck let's stan van run EVERYTHING?

                            Thank God our ownership leaves the sports to the sports people
                            Oh, man, that's the thing. These owners are bad-ass sharks in their regular businesses - that's how they accumulated enough money to buy these franchises. They'd trip you and your grandma up if they saw a penny on the sidewalk at the same time as you.

                            But then they buy these teams and put neophytes like Thibs and SVG in charge of hundreds of millions of dollars in player salaries, when they have zero experience in the business world, not to mention a conflicted agenda.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Minnesota had a promising young core, watched Chicago rot their potential from the inside out, and were like "hey lets bring all those problems up here" lmao
                              Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Markkanen, Towns. That's a pretty good young core they were so close to having before Thibs effed things up. Markannen & Towns alone probably gets you to the 2nd round in a few years.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                golden wrote: View Post
                                Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Markkanen, Towns. That's a pretty good young core they were so close to having before Thibs effed things up. Markannen & Towns alone probably gets you to the 2nd round in a few years.
                                Damn, Sixers West.

                                When will people realize Thibs is overrated? He should never be given any more responsibility than defensive assistant coach.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X