Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Oh crap!

Hahaha siakam has been the biggest worry so far too
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Expectations were probably higher than they should have been.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        That does sound logical and realistic, but also consider this

Godaddy.com curse

I rest my case

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          The curse of summer mixtapes

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Oh crap!

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue Oct 9, 2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

It could've been worse. it could've been Kawhi lol
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JV's Godaddy season was 2016-17, right? Why do we think this was cursed? In most stat categories, he had his best or second-best seasons to that point in his career. Second-most points, most rebounds, steals, assists, fewest turnovers, etc. Granted there were things he struggled with as well particularly defensively, but it's not what you'd call a 'cursed' season. It seems to me his season is getting a bad rep it doesn't deserve just so it can be lumped in with Norm's awful second season to form a narrative. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for labelling and being paranoid about curses where there's justification, but I don't think this is the case.

Comment

I want to see a KL7, Delon, KL2, OG(or Siakam), JV or Serg. starting lineup. Great D! I don’t think JV would be as exposed on D with better perimeter defenders. He was hung out to dry in the past.

JV did look better than Serg coming off the bench, but that’s mostly because JV is the better player and can adapt to both lineups.

FVV/Danny or Norm/Miles or Norm/Siakam/Serg or JV

Lots of options off the bench!

Comment

LOL one week off followed by a back to back preseason games? who creates this schedule? smfh.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm in the camp of "as long as JV gets 28~ minutes and closes games where needed, I don't care if he starts"

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                        JV's Godaddy season was 2016-17, right? Why do we think this was cursed? In most stat categories, he had his best or second-best seasons to that point in his career. Second-most points, most rebounds, steals, assists, fewest turnovers, etc. Granted there were things he struggled with as well particularly defensively, but it's not what you'd call a 'cursed' season. It seems to me his season is getting a bad rep it doesn't deserve just so it can be lumped in with Norm's awful second season to form a narrative. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for labelling and being paranoid about curses where there's justification, but I don't think this is the case.
                        Look at this guy, letting facts get in the way of a good time

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I'm in the camp of "as long as JV gets 28~ minutes and closes games where needed, I don't care if he starts"
                          See, this is my concern: if you are playing a guy 28 minutes, you should be starting him, because compressing 14 minute halves into the final 16-18 minutes of each half is a great way to end up with exhausted players at the end of the game. It's something Patterson struggled with a lot here when we were starting Scola and Siakam for no reason.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            See, this is my concern: if you are playing a guy 28 minutes, you should be starting him, because compressing 14 minute halves into the final 16-18 minutes of each half is a great way to end up with exhausted players at the end of the game. It's something Patterson struggled with a lot here when we were starting Scola and Siakam for no reason.
                            Fair point. 15-love danh,
                            next serve: shaolin

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Fair point. 15-love danh,
                              next serve: shaolin
                              That other teams start their big frontcourts and finish small (if not with starters) is the other issue. Ibaka's going to have 48 minutes of foul trouble if he has to start against Cousins, Drummond, Embiid, etc.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Good point. JV was Cased, not cursed.

Comment

Working...
                                X