Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tough times in minny...whatever minimal leverage was left for them in a trade for butler might have just turned to zero

have a look...it could be the same thing happening in washington if the wizzards get off to a slow start.

All those people who laughed at Garpax after that trade (yours truly included) might need to get some ketchup for the crow they are about to eat when Jimmy leaves Minny for pennies of the dollar.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Oct 10, 2018, 04:41 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Damn, Sixers West.

When will people realize Thibs is overrated? He should never be given any more responsibility than defensive assistant coach.
      They didn't trust the process
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Damn, Sixers West.

When will people realize Thibs is overrated? He should never be given any more responsibility than defensive assistant coach.
        Thibs would be okay coaching a veteran team. He was also fine coaching young players when he himself was starting his head coaching career. At this point, though, established coaches get concerned about the coaching records and start to panic when the L's pile up. That's one reason (among many) that you can't give them the GM/Prez title also.

If you had a rookie coach with the Wolves, you wouldn't even consider trading all those young assets for Butler. The mantra would be, patience and let them all grow together. And then Thibs caps it off his masterpiece by bringing in Butler loyalists: Gibson, Rose and Deng. Pretty sure Noah was next. lol. Thibs is clueless about workplace dynamics and politics.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Dunn, Lavine, Wiggins, Markkanen, Towns. That's a pretty good young core they were so close to having before Thibs effed things up. Markannen & Towns alone probably gets you to the 2nd round in a few years.
          That would be wishful thinking. Towns can be a star but he hurts you on defense. Markannen is more of a potential B-type star at this point. Remember the Wolves have been in the lottery for over a decade. So hoping for this core to turn the corner is what teams like Orlando and Phoenix have been banking on as well for several years.

In the NBA you need stars.. and more notably veteran stars to win. You put Butler on a perennial lottery bound Minny team and they get to 50 wins. And Butler isn't even a super star. Lowry helped us win as a team too and he can be as sour as Jimmy is. We just have one of the goat manager/leaders in our front office.

Ultimately the gamble was that Thibs believed his previous relationship with Jimmy would keep him in Minny. It didn't, but it was a good idea at the time.

Continuing to stock pile young players and hoping they become great usually fails more times than it succeeds. Other than OKC and Philly I can't think of another time when a young team ever had success without veteran stars helping the young kids out.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            That would be wishful thinking. Towns can be a star but he hurts you on defense. Markannen is more of a potential B-type star at this point. Remember the Wolves have been in the lottery for over a decade. So hoping for this core to turn the corner is what teams like Orlando and Phoenix have been banking on as well for several years.

In the NBA you need stars.. and more notably veteran stars to win. You put Butler on a perennial lottery bound Minny team and they get to 50 wins. And Butler isn't even a super star. Lowry helped us win as a team too and he can be as sour as Jimmy is. We just have one of the goat manager/leaders in our front office.

Ultimately the gamble was that Thibs believed his previous relationship with Jimmy would keep him in Minny. It didn't, but it was a good idea at the time.

Continuing to stock pile young players and hoping they become great usually fails more times than it succeeds. Other than OKC and Philly I can't think of another time when a young team ever had success without veteran stars helping the young kids out.
            I dunno about that "B-level" ceiling for Markkanen. He is the fastest rookie to get 100 3's and finished with 145 (top 5 rookie all-time, I believe) on a great percentage (.367). Much better than Mitchell. Not saying he's Dirk, but the similarities are undeniable and he had a way better rookie season than Dirk. In a league where distance shooting is quickly becoming the most sought after offensive commodity... a lights-out 7-footer is going to be pretty valuable.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              I dunno about that "B-level" ceiling for Markkanen. He is the fastest rookie to get 100 3's and finished with 145 (top 5 rookie all-time, I believe) on a great percentage (.367). Much better than Mitchell. Not saying he's Dirk, but the similarities are undeniable and he had a way better rookie season than Dirk. In a league where distance shooting is quickly becoming the most sought after offensive commodity... a lights-out 7-footer is going to be pretty valuable.
              He could end up being elite.. or he could turn into a guy like Mirotic. Still early. But he's not going to get Minny into the 2nd round.. Not for a few years anyway.

My point stands though. Generally you need a vet star to help get you into the playoffs.. or at least into the 2nd round. It can happen with just young kids but it's really really rare.. and Minny is starving for playoff $$$.

Comment

Holy fucking shit this is incredible
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The problem isnt thibs bringing in butler. In a vacuum, good move.

The problem was putting thibs in charge of basketball ops and trying to turn them into the 2012 bulls. Let's not forget rose, Gibson and Deng are there too. Thibs is probably trying to get ahold of noah when hes not on a mushroom trip to get him in too
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

Not surprised at all lol. Again, Towns = overrated/diva. Wiggins = just complete shit.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Wiggins lit it up too (but not enough to win!)

Hahahah I love the NBA these stories are like fan fiction

Thibs basically let butler come back to clown his core guys, make them look like bitches and now it's a story.

If I live in Minnesota I think I'll stick to Vikings football this winter

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

This is why I love Jimmy Butler. He can be an asshole but he is a flat out winner.

This year is a one year gamble, I say double down and go get him. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Comment

• I love Jimmy Butler

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            This is why I love Jimmy Butler. He can be an asshole but he is a flat out winner.

This year is a one year gamble, I say double down and go get him. In for a penny, in for a pound.
                            This is not a one year gamble, at least not to me. A gamble sure. But a one year audition to show Kawhi this team is young with upside, fun, and he can be the leader and the face of professional Canadian basketball if he chooses.

Butler is a dink that would likely tumble the entire house of cards. This homer fan for one thinks we're the east favorite today, already. Butler doesnt make us better than golden state. But the dynasty will slow in the next couple years, and if Kawhi stayed our opening will be there

Comment

• The fact that Butler + Wolves 3rd stringers beat the Wolves starters is very telling LOL.

Butler is basically like, 'you want to prove me wrong? then do something about it' The starters can't do anything about it lol.

I love it. I love Jimmy.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Maury wrote: View Post
                                I love Jimmy Butler
                                Fury wrote: View Post
                                The fact that Butler + Wolves 3rd stringers beat the Wolves starters is very telling LOL.

Butler is basically like, 'you want to prove me wrong? then do something about it' The starters can't do anything about it lol.

I love it. I love Jimmy.
                                You know who's better than jimmy butler at every facet of basketball including winning?

The Toronto Raptors starting small forward from San Diego state university

#laughlikekawhi

Comment

Working...
                                X