Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Woj is loving the drama. I've never seen him dramatize things so much.
    Drama = clicks= money.

Comment

• Honestly, the SportsCenter interview makes this all even funnier to me, because if what happened at practice was planned out by Butler and his team, that makes Butler even more of a dick and makes the Timberwolves organization even more hilariously incompetent.

Like, how are you gonna let this guy stroll in, walk all over your team, then dip to go do an interview after the story of the entire practice gets leaked to the media immediately? Especially considering how long and publicized this trade request saga had already become.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• so essentially Jimmy orchestrated this whole thing to force Wolves' hand. This might be worse than what Carter did. What a prick.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          so essentially Jimmy orchestrated this whole thing to force Wolves' hand. This might be worse than what Carter did. What a prick.
          This is most definitely worse than what Carter did. He's trying to get leverage over the situation. You'd have to think he'd be a little more grateful after what the front office/coaching staff did to bring him over. Gave him the keys, and he was injured quite a bit last season.

... reminder, the Toronto Raptors have Kawhi Leonard, who looks like he's "at home," according to Danny Green. Just a few months ago, it was how Kawhi had no desire to play in Toronto.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• That 90 second clip is great.. isn't that what you kind of want to hear from a competitive guy? I wish our Bosh era Raptor team had a guy like that. Imagine Jimmy on the court with Bargnani?

Our guys all work hard and play hard. Jimmy would fit right in. And Masai has this thing about him that can just calm anyone down. He's got such high respect from a lot of people. I trust Masai to fix any type of potential chemistry issues. He'll get Jimmy to just play. And love Toronto while he's doing it.

I would love to see Kawhi, Jimmy and Lowry go at it in practice. All three are fiery competitors.

And I really don't think bringing Jimmy would hurt Kawhi. It could help it. Kawhi would still be #1 on the court and never have to take any interviews.. Jimmy can be the ego guy off the court and be in front of all the cameras with his big smile (like DeMar was the last few years). And Lowry can be the glue. Plus I think Lowry and Jimmy would really get along.

I'm like the opposite of you guys. I really want Jimmy now.. more than before LOL

Comment

• Looks like Jimmy really did call ESPN.

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                That 90 second clip is great.. isn't that what you kind of want to hear from a competitive guy? I wish our Bosh era Raptor team had a guy like that. Imagine Jimmy on the court with Bargnani?

Our guys all work hard and play hard. Jimmy would fit right in. And Masai has this thing about him that can just calm anyone down. He's got such high respect from a lot of people. I trust Masai to fix any type of potential chemistry issues. He'll get Jimmy to just play. And love Toronto while he's doing it.

I would love to see Kawhi, Jimmy and Lowry go at it in practice. All three are fiery competitors.

And I really don't think bringing Jimmy would hurt Kawhi. It could help it. Kawhi would still be #1 on the court and never have to take any interviews.. Jimmy can be the ego guy off the court and be in front of all the cameras with his big smile (like DeMar was the last few years). And Lowry can be the glue. Plus I think Lowry and Jimmy would really get along.

I'm like the opposite of you guys. I really want Jimmy now.. more than before LOL
                The 90 second clip of Jimmy talking about Jimmy? Yeah crazy how Jimmy has all these great things to say about Jimmy. Jimmy really sold me.. on Jimmy
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  This is not a one year gamble, at least not to me. A gamble sure. But a one year audition to show Kawhi this team is young with upside, fun, and he can be the leader and the face of professional Canadian basketball if he chooses.

Butler is a dink that would likely tumble the entire house of cards. This homer fan for one thinks we're the east favorite today, already. Butler doesnt make us better than golden state. But the dynasty will slow in the next couple years, and if Kawhi stayed our opening will be there
                  1. If you don't think this team can compete against Golden State with Jimmy Butler, but will somehow be able to over the next couple years, I don't know what to tell you. We are not adding a top 15 player in free agency. You'd be banking on KD leaving and Kawhi staying and the odds of both happening are a greater gamble than Jimmy upsetting our chemistry.

2. The odds of us winning increase with Jimmy, and the odds of us retaining Kawhi go up with more winning. Just because Kawhi showed up to camp doesn't mean he isn't still a flight risk.

3. Butler is a dink? People were saying the same things about Kyle Lowry because he was so passionate about winning.

Butler is a winner. Whoever gets him is going to get someone who can actually make a major difference in a playoff series. I hope it's us.

Comment

• From Chris Haynes' report on the Timberwolves practice: https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kar...220611226.html

Butler showed up to practice late and just subbed himself into the scrimmage on the third team to go against the starting group, league sources said.
                    Throughout the practice, Butler verbally bashed Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, president of basketball operations/coach Tom Thibodeau and general manager Scott Layden, league sources said.

Screaming from the top of his lungs, Butler uttered taunts at his teammates such as “They ain’t [expletive]!” and “They soft!”, league sources said. Most of the players knew the invectives were directed at Towns and Wiggins, league sources said.
                    At one point, Butler found himself guarding Towns in the post and when the big man received the entry pass, Butler yelled, “He can’t do [expletive] against me!” and Towns ended up kicking the ball out, league sources said.

Neither Towns nor Wiggins confronted Butler at any point, league sources said
                    When practice concluded, Butler stormed out of the facility without stretching with the rest of his teammates, league sources said, however, before he departed, Wiggins gave him a hand dap.

Towns then huddled the players up with a message centered on everyone keeping their emotions in check, league sources said. But according to some of the players, the message was empty.
                    “I ain’t never seen some [expletive] like that. Jimbo showed out,” one of Minnesota’s players told Yahoo Sports.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      1. If you don't think this team can compete against Golden State with Jimmy Butler, but will somehow be able to over the next couple years, I don't know what to tell you. We are not adding a top 15 player in free agency. You'd be banking on KD leaving and Kawhi staying and the odds of both happening are a greater gamble than Jimmy upsetting our chemistry.

2. The odds of us winning increase with Jimmy, and the odds of us retaining Kawhi go up with more winning. Just because Kawhi showed up to camp doesn't mean he isn't still a flight risk.

3. Butler is a dink? People were saying the same things about Kyle Lowry because he was so passionate about winning.

Butler is a winner. Whoever gets him is going to get someone who can actually make a major difference in a playoff series. I hope it's us.
                      Kyle Lowry has never anything this drastic and immature. This is downright unprofessional.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

1. Not just KD leaving, klay is already showing signs and Draymond wants the supermax. All good things come to an end. Kawhi is younger than all 4 members of that team not to mention our supporting cast.

2. Kawhi is absolutely a flight risk. I just think chemistry and enjoyment are very important to him. Jimmy butler is the type that seems to not enjoy anything hes doing.

3. I knew eventually someone would say the Lowry thing. Lowry is a dink like "ornery, marches to the beat of his own drum"
                        Butler is a dink like "I cant stand this fucking guy"

4. Butler is not a winner. Demar DeRozan has made it further in the playoffs. I'm not sure when this winner tag stuck.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                          From Chris Haynes' report on the Timberwolves practice: https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-kar...220611226.html
                          I love it!! Towns and Wiggins look real bad/soft here but that's not really a surprise anymore. Dude was taunting you playing with 3rd STRINGERS, and you still got beat?! what great competitors!!
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              4. Butler is not a winner. Demar DeRozan has made it further in the playoffs. I'm not sure when this winner tag stuck.
                              DeRozan has made it MUCH further in the playoffs than T-Mac. Who's the better player?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Can't spin your way out of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X