Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Duong
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Observation: When the Nets' big comes up to set a screen, Serge is sitting back to guard against a drive, rather than coming up to challenge a shooter.
    He's been a mess this game. Two bad turnovers too.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Observation: When the Nets' big comes up to set a screen, Serge is sitting back to guard against a drive, rather than coming up to challenge a shooter.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Lol.. Carroll not playing tonight

Surprise!
    I was just thinking earlier today or yesterday..3 years ago at this time we were hoping demarre Carroll was the 3 and d small forward we needed to take the next step, elite at that job. We all know how that turned out.

Now we have arguably the best 3 and D small forward...of all time.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    So Ibaka starting over JV.. looking more and more like he'll be starting on opening night.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Lol.. Carroll not playing tonight

Surprise!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Using the distance to which a player progressed in the playoffs as an comparative argument is ridiculous.

By that standard, Javale McGee is a much better player than Jimmy Butler.
    Agree, but it's being used against t rex who himself said 2 hours ago that towns is no good and Embiid advanced further in the playoffs (which was false anyway)

Why is butler being stuck with this winner label when hes never won? And dont tell me he hasnt had teams. Butlers been on some good rosters.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    1. Not just KD leaving, klay is already showing signs and Draymond wants the supermax. All good things come to an end. Kawhi is younger than all 4 members of that team not to mention our supporting cast.

2. Kawhi is absolutely a flight risk. I just think chemistry and enjoyment are very important to him. Jimmy butler is the type that seems to not enjoy anything hes doing.

3. I knew eventually someone would say the Lowry thing. Lowry is a dink like "ornery, marches to the beat of his own drum"
    Butler is a dink like "I cant stand this fucking guy"

4. Butler is not a winner. Demar DeRozan has made it further in the playoffs. I'm not sure when this winner tag stuck.

1. Klay's dad has already basically confirmed that Klay is staying. Draymond won't get the supermax from anyone.

2. Jimmy loves basketball and has proven it over and over. From one year ago:

There were only six players left on the court a few minutes after Timberwolves practice ended on Oct. 10. Players were quick to leave the facility the day after landing back in Minneapolis after a 16-hour return trip from China that completed an 18-day trip to open training camp.

But those six who stayed on the court refused to leave. They went on to play a series of one-on-one contests that lasted more than an hour.

There was Melo Trimble, Amile Jefferson, Anthony Brown and Marcus Georges-Hunt — four young guys with no guarantee of making Minnesota’s 15-man roster, all trying to get in any extra work possible and maybe make a good impression on the right person in hopes of earning a roster spot. The fifth player was ageless veteran Jamal Crawford.

The sixth? Jimmy Butler, the Wolves’ new All-NBA wing, one of the best two-way players in the world, whom Minnesota acquired via a draft-night trade with Chicago this summer.
    3. See previous post about Kyle requesting to leave if McHale was still coaching.

4. LeBron James playoff TS% when not facing Jimmy Butler: 58.2%. LeBron James playoff TS% vs Jimmy Butler: 50.3%.

Butler's playoff TS% is also 5.5% higher than DeMar's. Just because we got lucky one year in the playoffs and squeaked by two teams in 7 game series doesn't make DeMar the better playoff performer.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Raptors can't worry about being threatened by one guy. Raptors are a stable/functional organization with a great leader at the helm. There is a reason why Houston wants Jimmy... it's because he's a great player. There is a reason why GSW took a chance on Cousins. Or why the Lakers took Artest.. or the Bulls took Rodman. They can handle the dysfunction because they have a great/elite team. Raptors are right there.

Guy may not have gotten past the 2nd round.. but this is a team game. No one is saying Jimmy is a top 5 guy. But he's still a top 15-20 guy that plays both ways. That's rare in today's NBA.

We have no way of acquiring top level talent outside of trades. And GSW isn't the only enemy. There is Boston and Philly waiting in the wings.

Time is now. Push chips in the middle and go for it.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied
    Using the distance to which a player progressed in the playoffs as an comparative argument is ridiculous.

I think it's a fair argument if you're using it to compare star players. Role players, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    That's not the comparison. We're talking winner winner chicken dinner. You yourself said earlier towns sucks and Embiid made it further in the playoffs. Well DeMar "icy veins" DeRozan made it further in the playoffs than butler ever has. What has butler ever won?
    You realize why DeRozan has won more playoff games than T-Mac and Butler right?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    DeRozan has made it MUCH further in the playoffs than T-Mac. Who's the better player?
    That's not the comparison. We're talking winner winner chicken dinner. You yourself said earlier towns sucks and Embiid made it further in the playoffs. Well DeMar "icy veins" DeRozan made it further in the playoffs than butler ever has. What has butler ever won?

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can't spin your way out of this.
    Wait..svg is a thibs henchmen now? LOL that's enough nba Twitter for today

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    This is not a one year gamble, at least not to me. A gamble sure. But a one year audition to show Kawhi this team is young with upside, fun, and he can be the leader and the face of professional Canadian basketball if he chooses....
    The endgame involves locking Kawhi up for four (or five) years. You want him here and you want the Raptors to be perennial threats to play in the finals so that you get the "possible championship ring" discount from other stars. That is Masai's plan.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Going to the media to make ultimatums is exactly what Butler is doing now.
    I thought there was an understanding that Lowry turned his career around in 2014. Most are aware of the Kevin McHale drama 6 years ago, it's how we got him cheap in that trade.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry has never anything this drastic and immature. This is downright unprofessional.
    Kyle Lowry takes issue with McHale

May 26, 2012
    ESPN.com news services
    Kyle Lowry expects the Houston Rockets' backcourt to look a little different next season.

The Rockets guard told the Houston Chronicle on Friday that he does not think he and Goran Dragic will both return next season. And he is especially unlikely to play for Houston if Kevin McHale returns as coach.

"I don't think so," Lowry told the newspaper about playing under McHale. "I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed.

"If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved."
    Going to the media to make ultimatums is exactly what Butler is doing now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X