Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRESEASON GAME 4: Brooklyn Nets vs Toronto Raptors in Montreal - OCT 10, 2018, 7PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    First Raps game I'll be going to in 3 years!
    Have fun! Tell Masai to go after Jimmy Butler

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Pre season has become really overrated with each passing year.

In the 70s and 80s players used to show up back for the season a little chubby and hungover. They'd put out their last smoke and start jogging. They needed October to get into game shape.

These athletes are finely tuned machines and are playing near game speed almost a year aside from a couple holidays. Lets get going.
    The game is different now from the milkmen days. The players are bigger and faster and put more torque on their knees... Playing at full game speed without a decent sized preseason would be a recipe for injuries.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Exception being Kawhi this year..... and that's all that matters.
    It was interesting until they played the Blazers. So much cautious optimism that it's hitting me... I'm bored right now, and even the first game vs. CLE is going to be a "wait and see approach for me." lol

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

In the 70s and 80s players used to show up back for the season a little chubby and hungover. They'd put out their last smoke and start jogging. They needed October to get into game shape.

These athletes are finely tuned machines and are playing near game speed almost a year aside from a couple holidays. Lets get going.
    Exception being Kawhi this year..... and that's all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Gonna be at this one!
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Hope acc is beefing up security

Leave a comment:

• Shaolin Fantastic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    We'd be so thin at the 4 if we make that deal. But I'd throw Siakam in if we can get Jimmy (but he would have to make a commitment to hang around after the year).

My Siakam package would be Siakam+Norm+CJ
    Your "if" is an if that ain't happening. Butler would not guarantee his commitment and even if he did we cant trust him to stick to that

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Serge + Siakam for Butler though?
    We'd be so thin at the 4 if we make that deal. But I'd throw Siakam in if we can get Jimmy (but he would have to make a commitment to hang around after the year).

My Siakam package would be Siakam+Norm+CJ

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'd like take the swing at butler IF we didnt have Kawhi

Raps found their guy. We have amazing chemistry,
    upside and management . Let's make him stay. Let's not throw that wet blanket on our nice wood burning fire

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I can live without his jumper. I just want to see him get to the next level in his defence. Not just defend with hustle and athleticism, but with basketball IQ. If he can do that then we would have 3 lockdown defenders at the wing positions.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

oof...that probably put a nail in a coffin of my hopes for Siakam to have a jumper this year.
    I can live without his jumper. I just want to see him get to the next level in his defence. Not just defend with hustle and athleticism, but with basketball IQ. If he can do that then we would have 3 lockdown defenders at the wing positions.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    1 more week. Sigh. All these games are really meaningless. It just increases the chance of an injury. Look at what happened to Hayward last year and Murray this year.

1 preseason game is enough.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    1 more week. Sigh. All these games are really meaningless. It just increases the chance of an injury. Look at what happened to Hayward last year and Murray this year.

1 preseason game is enough.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

oof...that probably put a nail in a coffin of my hopes for Siakam to have a jumper this year.
    Do Raps have a shot doctor, like Chip Engelland for the Spurs?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X