Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #4 Toronto Raptors 127 (4-0) - Charlotte Hornets 106 (2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game day!

Most interested to see how we defend Kemba. Who gets the assignment, and how to approach screens.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The Hornets seem from a distance to be off to a roaring start (2-1, +10 net rating - just above the Raps).

But they've lost to Milwaukee, blasted the Magic and barely snuck by the Heat by a few points. All with Kemba having an insanely hot start to the season.

Lineups will be interesting in this one - they mostly roll a big C all game long, but do have a couple of small looks with Williams or even MKG at C that they've used for short stretches.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

New coach, system and no more Howard. This team is going to be better than they were the past few years in my opinion. They were getting trounced by Milwaukee in their opener.. and it came down to 1 point.

These guys don't give up and neither can we.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          During the furarah in SA last season when Kawhi had his issues about not making himself available for the playoffs ... I recall some reports where Parker was quite vocal about Kawhi possibly dogging it. This was apparently done in a closed session with something said about TP having the same quad injury and it not being such a big deal (paraphrase). He took it back I think... but I wonder if KL has let it slide. We shall see tomorrow.

Comment

Anyone else getting the feeling Kawhi has just about completely shaken off the rust? 31 and 10 against one of the best D's in Boston. He's due for an even more monstrous game and soon!

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Anyone else getting the feeling Kawhi has just about completely shaken off the rust? 31 and 10 against one of the best D's in Boston. He's due for an even more monstrous game and soon!
              He's definitely still rusty. You can see it in him missing a lot of jumpers consistently short - still doesn't quite have his legs under him. When that shot starts falling more... watch out.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

This was the moment for me where things started to seem really bizarre. 'A hundred times worse' - such a strong statement...but completely, utterly unverifiable.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  That was a great performance but still an inefficient one. He needed 35 attempts to get those 31 points. So I don't think he's quite there yet. Maybe in another 10-15 games he'll get there. Plus his defense hasn't been as elite as it can be either.

What I love about Kawhi though is even when he's showing rust.. he's got that competitor mentality that the greats all have. If he wants a bucket he's getting a bucket, and there is not much you can do about it.

Comment

I remember Parker's stupid attempt to manipulate the situation. "Doctor" Parker, with his self-serving diagnosis, his ego, and his big mouth, may have been about the last straw for Leonard with the Spurs.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      This was the moment for me where things started to seem really bizarre. 'A hundred times worse' - such a strong statement...but completely, utterly unverifiable.
                      Parker broke the players' code. Teammates injuries, salaries and girlfriends/wives are 3 things that are off limits.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Parker broke the players' code. Teammates injuries, salaries and girlfriends/wives are 3 things that are off limits.
                        The impact of Duncan's influence there has become even more obvious since his retirement.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          well he broke 2 out of those 3 rules in his lifetime
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Which is why I thought Parker was saying that completely as a joke. I mean it's the kind of thing I would say about one of my own friends. But media and fans seemed to run with it and turn it into a big thing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              That was a great performance but still an inefficient one. He needed 35 attempts to get those 31 points. So I don't think he's quite there yet. Maybe in another 10-15 games he'll get there. Plus his defense hasn't been as elite as it can be either.

What I love about Kawhi though is even when he's showing rust.. he's got that competitor mentality that the greats all have. If he wants a bucket he's getting a bucket, and there is not much you can do about it.
                              35 attempts?

It was an inefficient night for him, for sure, but he took 25 shots and 4 trips to the line. He also had 3 turnovers (but 2 OREBs mostly cancels that out). Long story short, he had 31 points on 30 used possessions, which is very inefficient (for him), but let's not overstate it.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah true his shot isn't there yet, and YES I thought it might be a bit taboo to talk about his defence, but it hasn't quite looked to form yet. I mean the steals are there and he's still been good, but it hasn't been suffocating like what you know it can be. He's been fouling a bit as well.

But he's been getting what he wants on offence. Just forcing his way to his spots like you mentioned. He's gonna face some soft defences and when he does it's going to be an all out assault.

Comment

Working...
                                X