Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #6 Dallas Mavericks 107 (2-3) - Toronto Raptors 116 (6-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Why would they fire Lue, in season, when he gives them the best shot at the 1st overall pick? Especially after they trade Love at the deadline.
    Because he wasn't focused on tanking and developing. Their best move would be to play Sexton way more, which would result in losses and developing him. Lue had the losses down, but wasn't playing Sexton enough.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Man, there was a tweet last year on something like "Ty Lue when LeBron is on the bench" or something like that, one of the funniest things I've seen -- wish I could find it now -- it perfectly captured how that coach (and team), completely depended on LBJ
      My funniest Lue tweet this past year was the day Lebron signed with the Lakers - "Breaking News! Tyronn Lue appointed coach of the Cavs."
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• And Lue is fired after an 0-6 start. I wonder if Nick Nurse jokingly goes up to Masai and says " If they fire Lou after 0-6 start, shouldn't I be getting a raise after a 6-0 start?! Why so angry Masai?! Its a joke! ,Kawhi thought it was funny..."

Comment

• As far as Cleveland tanking, what moves did they make this offseason that suggested they were actually trying to tank? In fact they re-signed Love by telling him they would not be tanking.

The Cavs this season remind me of the Milwaukee Bucks back in 13-14. That was the first year of Hinkies process and Philly tanked hard, winning only 19 games. The Bucks that year thought they could make the playoffs. They ended winning 15 games.

And in an interesting side-note, the Bucks head coach that season was Larry Drew. The same Larry Drew the Cavs plan to appoint, per Woj, as Lue's successor.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'm interested to see how the refs handle the close call fouls on Giannis vs how they do for Kawhi

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              I'm interested to see how the refs handle the close call fouls on Giannis vs how they do for Kawhi
              Refs have been swallowing their whistles against Kawhi. Not sure why, maybe it goes without saying: If you complain too much you will be ignored but if you complain too little you might be ignored as well. The refs are not respecting Nurse being a first year coach so Kawhi may have to be a bit more vocal. I really like Lowry being a bit more restrained then previous years with the calls, he may still complain to the refs often but at least he talks to them more then yell at them.

Comment

• Ty Lue, next *ahem* ... coach... of the Lakers.

Comment

Ty Lue, next *ahem* ... coach... of the Lakers.

lol Lebron loving Lue for letting him do whatever the hell he wanted.

Luke Walton seat just got warmer.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    lol Lebron loving Lue for letting him do whatever the hell he wanted.

Luke Walton seat just got warmer.
                    Who's next firing their HC?
                    Lakers or wizards? I take the wiz.
                    Bring me some popcorn!

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                      Who's next firing their HC?
                      Lakers or wizards? I take the wiz.
                      Bring me some popcorn!
                      Could easily turn into Thunder, Houston and T'Wolves if they don't start winning soon.

Wiz right now most likely choice.

Comment

• I hope they finally break up that Wiz team. That experiment has gone on for way too long.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I hope they finally break up that Wiz team. That experiment has gone on for way too long.
                          Probably fire the coach and/or trade Otto Porter + picks for Butler.

Comment

Probably fire the coach and/or trade Otto Porter + picks for Butler.
                            Hahahaha, Butler in that locker room would be hilarious. Wonder how long before he starts talking shit about Wall and Beal and challenging them to say anything to him?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Hahahaha, Butler in that locker room would be hilarious. Wonder how long before he starts talking shit about Wall and Beal and challenging them to say anything to him?
                              Probably more like Butler/Wall/Beal gang up on on the rest of the team, like Butler & Rose did in Chicago. Butler has a history now.

Comment

Working...
                              X