Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    If we reel off 10 straight Ws, I'd still trade Ibaka+Powell for Jimmy Butler.
    Absolutely. If Masai doesn't at least offer, I'd be disappointed. If they want 4 first round draft picks+, walk away but at least you know that you were doing your job because Jimmy owned the LeBrons last night .....

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      ESPN has a nice long form article on Masai:
      http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-kawhi-leonard

Haven't read it yet, but I know what I'm doing during my lunch hour today.
      "If he can get Kawhi to play like he did in San Antonio, then [Ujiri] might pull off the best trade since Carmelo," said David Thorpe, referring to Ujiri's time in Denver. "Think about it: Masai could pull off two of the best trades in NBA history."
      Lest we forget andrea bargnani for an unprotected 1st, and Rudy gay out for scraps turning a franchise around

4 of the top (10?) nba trades of all time
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Boston beaten by Orlando so I feel a tiny bit better..... NBA poop happens to every team
        Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Oct 30, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Even if Kawhi plays tonight, they are still short handed (FVV etc) and Kyle may be tired....realistically there's a chance they lose against another strong team....

And I'm on record before yeaterdays game as preferring to see Kawhi play in a guaranteed win situation against the deer and sit him in the more physical 76ers game but you can't look back.

They win tonight and all is forgiven .... and the bandwagon fans will be hopping right back aboard .... until the next game they get down by 5 and they are trash again
          There was no "guaranteed" anything even if Kawhi played. Bucks tied franchise record for 3s made and had 29 assists. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the home team.

If we played bucks in a series they'd get hot a couple times and definitely win 1 or 2 games.

Comment

Boston beaten by Orlando so I feel a tiny bit better..... NBA poop happens
            Bucks vs Celtics will be very interesting
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Bucks vs Celtics will be very interesting
              Milwaukee Toronto ecf would have ESPN and ABC thrilled I'm sure lol

Comment

both of our back up guards are injury prone af
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Thought OG was supposed to meet us in Milwaukee? Now missing another game...you hope everything is alright...

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    There was no "guaranteed" anything even if Kawhi played. Bucks tied franchise record for 3s made and had 29 assists. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the home team.

If we played bucks in a series they'd get hot a couple times and definitely win 1 or 2 games.
                    Guaranteed should have been "guaranteed", I think very fan realizes there are no guarantees in the NBA. But they would have given themselves a much better opportunity to win and you should take advantage of that situation imo. The Bucks gave you a gift and they handed it right back ....

Comment

OG is supposed to be personal reasons not injury but you never know what they're (or he) is hiding. Hopefully it's not depression ie DeMar

Comment

Hopefully it's not depression ie DeMar
                        Definitely is depressed in the sense that his dad died less than a month ago.

Comment

I'm sure Masai's like, 'This is real life stuff, take as long as you need.'
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            76ers played* yesterday as well.. so can't use the B2B excuse especially since we're home, and Philly's on the road. Need to set an example in this one. Philly can't think they have the upper hand on Toronto.

Kyle had a pretty bad game last night. Hope his shot falls tonight because we really, really need it to.
                            *Atlanta

Comment

Will be some interesting match ups against Philly. They like starting Fultz for some reason, so that's most likely Lowry's check. I'm assuming we'd see Serge start again. Embiid likes to shoot threes for some reason (takes more than 4 a game and is shooting at 23% so far), so Nurse will probably go with Ibaka.

That leaves Kawhi, Green and Siakam to cover Simmons, Covington, and Saric. Could really mix and match this coverage.

Should be fun.

Comment

I assume Raptors will crash the paint. Philly has yet to adjust to their lack of shooters on the floor.

It's interesting watching Pop run the Spurs with their lack of shooting on the floor vs. Philly's inability to play without the spacing. I guess that's why he's Pop.

Didn't watch last night's game, and I'm glad I didn't. Sounded like a shit show.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X