Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury wrote: View Post
    Cris Carter says nothing's changed, Kawhi will sign with either the Lakers or Clips next year.
    Why waste your time with this? Quick reminder on Cris Carter's recent track record with Kawhi inside scoops:

There aren’t many teams that will be able to make a Kawhi trade work at this point, but the Toronto Raptors appear to be one of them. They have a veteran star in DeMar DeRozan who could go to San Antonio in return, plus they have cap space and some young pieces to put around Leonard, even if it is only for a year before he becomes a free agent.

However, FS1’s Cris Carter is adamant that Leonard will not go North of the border. He’s close to Kawhi, and said this morning on “First Things First” that it won’t happen.

“I’ll let you know; he’s not going to Toronto,” Carter said. “I have warned people.”
    That was literally half a day before the trade went down. Half a day.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Cris Carter says nothing's changed, Kawhi will sign with either the Lakers or Clips next year.
      Dude should stick to telling me the best wide receivers in the nfc north. Stay in yo lane
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Not that I wish for injuries, but if one of Steph/Durant/Klay goes down, then everything's wide open.
        I think the Raptors can take Curry/Klay/KD. On paper, we match up very well with them. Lowry on Curry, Green on Klay, Kawhi on KD. You can throw OG on Klay or KD, you can throw Siakam on KD. A lot of versatile defenders. It will be tough in a 7 game series, but i think there is a possibility.

Now if Cousins comes back plays even 50% of how he is capable of playing, then there is basically no chance.

Comment

• Klay Thompson just scored 52 in 26 mins and these people turned this segment to a Klay/Lakers segment. Wtf? It seems like ESPN wants to see all the best players play for the Lakers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAwdWHd0ZE8
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Klay Thompson just scored 52 in 26 mins and these people turned this segment to a Klay/Lakers segment. Wtf? It seems like ESPN wants to see all the best players play for the Lakers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAwdWHd0ZE8
            That's their agenda.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Rockets are terrible. Portland had one of those "schedule losses". Playing 3 games in 4 nights, on the road, etc.. and yet they beat Houston by 19.

The "Melo" Affect is really strong this season.
              We lost pretty badly against the Bucks with our star player out as well.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  There’s a Melo effect but Houston without Harden isn’t really Houston
                  LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  We lost pretty badly against the Bucks with our star player out as well.
                  True about Harden.. but Portland had a MAH score of 8.5. Really brutal. Generally a team coming off a road trip like that would usually struggle against a team like Atlanta or Sacramento let alone Houston (who by the way had 3 days rest).
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...m-lose-2018-19

The Blazers have the dubious honor of kicking off the 2018-19 Schedule Alert campaign. This game will mark their fourth game in six days, their third game in four days (all on the road) and the second of a back-to-back set with overnight travel across time zones. Sheesh. After facing the Pacers in Indianapolis, the Trail Blazers will head out that night for Houston -- gaining an hour along the way -- to face the Rockets the next night. Meanwhile, the Rockets will enter this game with a three-day rest advantage.
                  Houston without Harden I guess is a lottery team. So I guess he really deserved that MVP last year.

Comment

True about Harden.. but Portland had a MAH score of 8.5. Really brutal.

I cant keep track of all these fancy new stats that keep coming lol

Comment

• Also shows how OVERRATED Chris Paul is.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Also shows how OLD Chris Paul is.
                        fixed

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I cant keep track of all these fancy new stats that keep coming lol
                          Something some sleep doctor invented, and ESPN is running with. The higher score the more brutal your game is due to the schedule. A score of 8 or higher is bad. We have one coming up. The second game of the B2B against Utah on Nov 5. Chances are we lose that one.

Comment

Something some sleep doctor invented, and ESPN is running with. The higher score the more brutal your game is due to the schedule. A score of 8 or higher is bad. We have one coming up. The second game of the B2B against Utah on Nov 5. Chances are we lose that one.
                            Yeah, I was hoping to go 3-1 on the trip cause that's looking like a loss.

Still 3-1 on ANY Western road trip was unheard of a few years ago for us, no matter who the opponents were

Comment

• Nah, Houston's success last year was built on:
                              Harden
                              CP3
                              Versatile wing defenders
                              Capella

With injuries and suspensions this year plus the loss of 2 of the 3 key versatile wing defenders, they've been missing 2-3 of those ingredients on most nights.

But overall they've dropped back to the pack anyway. Closer to the Nuggets and Jazz now than the Warriors.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Nah, Houston's success last year was built on:
                                Harden
                                CP3
                                Versatile wing defenders
                                Capella

With injuries and suspensions this year plus the loss of 2 of the 3 key versatile wing defenders, they've been missing 2-3 of those ingredients on most nights.

But overall they've dropped back to the pack anyway. Closer to the Nuggets and Jazz now than the Warriors.
                                Rockets fell back, Warriors added Cousins. yay!!!...

Comment

Working...
                                X