Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Sure, we all love our team, but it's still not good enough to beat Golden State.

If this is Kawhi's only year here, then might as well go for it. Not just make the finals, but have a shot to win it. When you factor in 2-way play, Lowry/Butler/Kawhi can definitely compete with Curry/Klay/Durant. Lowry/Kawhi can't.
    It can't though.

2 top 5 players, 2 top 20 players

1 top 5 player, 2 top 20 player

on paper looks close, but really the chemistry and shooting of Golden State is too much to overcome. Our ceiling doesn't change. NBA runner up, and possible Curry ankle break away from shocking the world
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      It can't though.

on paper looks close, but really the chemistry and shooting of Golden State is too much to overcome. Our ceiling doesn't change. NBA runner up, and possible Curry ankle break away from shocking the world
      Warriors have 2 top 5 players, but 3 top 20 players. You forgot about Cousins.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
        "sub me out, I don't wanna play anymore...they weak" - Durant

Maybe if he wasn't such a giant bitch and didn't sign with a stacked team, teams would be able to guard him.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

It can't though.

If Draymond is on any other team, would he still be considered a top 20 player? He’s a super glue type guy, who’s starting to get a bit overrated, imo.

Comment

Nah, when he was hugging in Derozan in old pics, you'd see love. Those eyes are more like lit up, those eyes belong to a mind thinking "holy shit this dude is good, and I got him all year!"
            Disagree a bit. Kyle may have loved DeMar in a comfortable, both wearing your sweats on the couch sort of way but Kyle is in lust with Kawhi in a new hot girl at school just gave you a wink on the first day that mini skirt ban was lifted kind of way....

DeMar was comfortable. Kawhi is dangerous

Comment

Sure, we all love our team, but it's still not good enough to beat Golden State.

If this is Kawhi's only year here, then might as well go for it. Not just make the finals, but have a shot to win it. When you factor in 2-way play, Lowry/Butler/Kawhi can definitely compete with Curry/Klay/Durant. Lowry/Kawhi can't.
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              It can't though.

Yeah, Butler-Klay is roughly even, Durant-Kawhi is roughly even, Curry-Lowry is an MVP vs. an All-Star, then you've still got Draymond and Cousins both being better than the next man up for the Raptors.

The year Cleveland won GS had a harder run to the Finals and really seemed to run out of gas in the 4th round. The West is not going to give them a 3 round grind anymore as the conference has gotten worse. GS's also gotten deeper, adding Durant and Cousins since then.

It sucks.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think someone else said this before

I would rather keep a 2m Pascal next season than a 40m Butler

plus, he's a clear one year rental cuz I don't think we'll be able to afford him and Kawhi both.

that being said, most I would give is a package as such

Miles, Wright, Powell, and 2nd
                for
                Butler and Deng
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

If Draymond is on any other team, would he still be considered a top 20 player? He’s a super glue type guy, who’s starting to get a bit overrated, imo.
                  i think he might

he'll average around 10/8/7 with elite defence

if not top 20, top 30 for sure solely due to his Defence
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Draymond is top 30. He can't be your best player, but he can easily be the 2nd best and make everyone better. Its ridiculous that he is their 4th best player.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, Butler-Klay is roughly even, Durant-Kawhi is roughly even, Curry-Lowry is an MVP vs. an All-Star, then you've still got Draymond and Cousins both being better than the next man up for the Raptors.

The year Cleveland won GS had a harder run to the Finals and really seemed to run out of gas in the 4th round. The West is not going to give them a 3 round grind anymore as the conference has gotten worse. GS's also gotten deeper, adding Durant and Cousins since then.

It sucks.
                      It's a tough call to say Butler-Klay is even. Defensively maybe, but Klay can't create anything off the dribble, which becomes important in high pressure playoff games down the stretch. Sure Klay's a waaaay better 3-pt shooter, but he hasn't been getting enough to stay hot since KD got there and his PER has been trending way down the last 3 years. They're basically getting rich man's Danny Green level production out of him, especially in the playoffs, when KD dominates.

And forget about expecting to get max performance out of Cousins. Just like the Celtics are seeing, you can just toss a bunch of high usage all-stars together and expect their previous production to add up - usage can't exceed 100% and all-stars need touches to stay in rhythm. I think we'd still have a shot with 2 high usage guys (Butler, Kawhi), 1 normal usage guy (Lowry) and 2 low usage guys (Pascal/JV/Ibaka + Green) to form an overall better balanced unit with more chemistry and better defense.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It sucks.
                        Utah is looking like they are ready to step into Houston's spot. Denver on the rise and we've yet to see what this new era of Spurs will turn into. And we've yet to see what the Rockets will be like when Harden gets back and they play together for a bit. I would be surprised if it was a cake walk for GSW.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                          Draymond is top 30. He can't be your best player, but he can easily be the 2nd best and make everyone better. Its ridiculous that he is their 4th best player.
                          Yeah, but it's magnified because he's playing with 2 MVPs and the 2 greatest 3-pt shooters of all time. Robert Covington is consistently near the top of the league in DRPM rating (he beat Draymond last year) and he can shoot 3's, but nobody calls him a top 30 player. Put Covington on the Warriors and he probably would rocket up the player rankings.

Nevermind the fact that Draymond probably gets the most wide open shots that any player has ever had in the NBA, on a consistent basis.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Utah is looking like they are ready to step into Houston's spot. Denver on the rise and we've yet to see what this new era of Spurs will turn into. And we've yet to see what the Rockets will be like when Harden gets back and they play together for a bit. I would be surprised if it was a cake walk for GSW.
                            I may not be the first to declare it but I'm among the first.

GSW will NOT have a cakewalk to the finals this year and will NOT sweep the finals. Some combination of an unexpected team could step up (Utah, Raptors?) and injuries or complacency or incompatibility (Cousins) could set in. I just don't think this dynasty is an all consuming dynasty, just a feeling.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Shams and Woj seem to have competing sources. Woj claims its the Wolves that want to rest Butler, and Shams is implying its Butler that wants to sit out so he can get traded.

I'll go with Shams on this one.
                              Never doubt the All-Seeing One.

"Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Also: Shams has really been getting his ass kicked lately.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X