Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not gonna lie. I want to see Kawhi battle Lebron. Utah is a better team but come on we got history
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      As a Derrick Rose fan from the start I couldn’t be happier for him. He deserves this.
      Derrick Rose is the Grant Hill of this era. Great young player but injuries ruined his career.

Hill still ended up in the HOF. I think Rose has a great chance of making it as well
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I'm not gonna lie. I want to see Kawhi battle Lebron. Utah is a better team but come on we got history
        Beating Lebron is necessary therapy for Raptor fans. We're not going to face him in the Finals this year, so the 2 regular season games are important.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Heck, on second thought give Serge the night off too.
          And Lowry. If Fvv and Wright are good. Just throw the damn game
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Raptors Halloween party

https://imgur.com/a/1w3fVjw

Nick Nurse wins

JV runner up
            The real winner is JV

Comment

And Lowry. If Fvv and Wright are good. Just throw the damn game
              Yeah, that was my starting point, giving Leonard and Lowry the night off. Threw Serge in after. Let the young guys stretch their legs and get some run (Norm will start to see his minutes crunched as OG, Wright and FVV return to full time service).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Yeah, that was my starting point, giving Leonard and Lowry the night off. Threw Serge in after. Let the young guys stretch their legs and get some run (Norm will start to see his minutes crunched as OG, Wright and FVV return to full time service).
                The other thing is if the Raps try sitting Leonard out of the Lakers game, the NBA is gonna fine them. They could start the Raptors 905 squad in Utah and nobody would probably even notice.

Comment

• JR Smith wants out of Cleveland.. no brainer. He's an idiot but has a lot of playoff experience. Has $14.7M due this year, and only $3.8M guaranteed for next year.

Could be a long term salary cap relief move if we trade him for Powell. Would have to make the trade larger since the 1:1 won't work. Maybe CJ/Norm for Smith/Dekker? Or Smith/Osman?

Not sure how highly the Cavs think of Dekker or Osman though.

Comment

• Don't want Smith anywhere near this team. If the Cavs call, I'm asking about Korver and hanging up when they mention Smith.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      Well, he hopefully appreciates how Raptors are treating him because right now nobody in the league gets treated as him (I get it and am not against it).
                      Joel Embiid, Gordon Hayward...

This is getting more common. Organizations realize you have to protect player health like you protect any investment, let alone one as worth as much as a star player's salary.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Joel Embiid, Gordon Hayward...

This is getting more common. Organizations realize you have to protect player health like you protect any investment, let alone one as worth as much as a star player's salary.
                        Heres a simple solution: cut the schedule down to 70 games and eliminate back to backs completely!

Oh wait, money for billionaires and millionaires. But of course still full price tickets where you need to take out a mortgage for a family of 4 to attend on a Tuesday when Kawhi and embiid both sit

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                          All these years and you're still underestimating LeBron? c'mon man you're a Raptors fan. You know what he's capable of.

LeBron actually has a better supporting cast this year than last year. And his team last year swept the Raptors.
                          This is regular season Lebron though. Different animal.
                          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            This is regular season Lebron though. Different animal.
                            Well..the west has a lot of middle class teams in it this year along with GSW.
                            Unless the Lakers start to string together some wins ..regular season Lebron is all you might see this year.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              Well..the west has a lot of middle class teams in it this year along with GSW.
                              Unless the Lakers start to string together some wins ..regular season Lebron is all you might see this year.
                              I've learned not to bet against him. He'll be in the dance. Hell he'll likely go as far as possible until getting beat by golden state

Comment

Heres a simple solution: cut the schedule down to 70 games and eliminate back to backs completely!

Oh wait, money for billionaires and millionaires. But of course still full price tickets where you need to take out a mortgage for a family of 4 to attend on a Tuesday when Kawhi and embiid both sit

Yeah, the revenue (even from games where stars sit) is going to tip the balance in this debate every time. As far as the consumer perspective goes, personally I refuse to pay. I'll go to a game every couple of years and sit upper first level at best. I don't buy jerseys or $100+ merch at all. I cut cable years ago. Personally don't really think fans have a platform to complain if we continually bend over and are willing to pay for everything sports related no matter the cost. Prices will continue to increase year over year as long as the market is willing to pay. (This is why the guys running these things are billionaires.)
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X