Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the revenue (even from games where stars sit) is going to tip the balance in this debate every time. As far as the consumer perspective goes, personally I refuse to pay. I'll go to a game every couple of years and sit upper first level at best. I don't buy jerseys or $100+ merch at all. I cut cable years ago. Personally don't really think fans have a platform to complain if we continually bend over and are willing to pay for everything sports related no matter the cost. Prices will continue to increase year over year as long as the market is willing to pay. (This is why the guys running these things are billionaires.)
    I own 1 Jersey and will run it in to the ground. I buy hats and hoodies sometimes or get gifted but I'd be buying those things anyways if not rsptors as I need clothes and I dont find it too overpriced vs non Raptors nike etc. And boycotting seats seems like a good idea but then you realize 70% or more are corporate owned.

Places like Toronto are not even at the tipping point for pricing too high to sell out, but are long past pricing out the "average fan", the one who "deserves" to go, at the risk of sounding righteous. That's the problem.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just watched the game for the first time on replay.

One of the things I'm most optimistic about is how, out of so many turnovers in the first half, we played a little wild and failed to convert them. Meanwhile Kawhi is just so efficient and composed. It looks like he's going to be getting on other players about that (ie. when he finally hand-clapped at Siakam after the 4th or 5th non-conversion.) I'm really optimistic that he's gonna have the effect of instilling composure in some of the younger guys. Can't be working that hard, creating turnovers and then not capitalize. Once people really, really focus in and do what they can to appease The Klaw in that regard. Damn, it's gonna be even prettier.

Sky's the limit.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I've learned not to bet against him. He'll be in the dance. Hell he'll likely go as far as possible until getting beat by golden state
        Lebron has beat the odds for a long time... but one year I am going to be right. and ....This is the year.

Its incredibly early.. but on the outside looking in right now along with Lebrons West are:
        Houston / OKC / and a pretty decent Clippers team.

Its not Lebron.. its the ramshackle crew around him (on one year deals to keep cap space for next years FA derby) compared to teams that the Lakers are going to have to beat out for a spot in the post season.

Houston has Paul and the Beard... OKC has the selfless Russell Westbrook and Paul George ... The Clips are going to do it by committee but they have Harris / Sweet Lou / Gallo / Beverley and Avery Bradlely.. no stars but a lot of good players.

Lebron has..Rondo.. Javale McGee... Lance... and some young guys who haven't been pushed in a playoff race before in Kuzma .. Ball and Ingram.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 1, 2018, 03:57 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          As a Derrick Rose fan from the start I couldn’t be happier for him. He deserves this.
          Why does he deserve this? As far as I'm concerned, rose is a rapist and rapists dont really deserve any good karma coming their way.

All of this adoration of rose is blowing my mind honestly. Everyone has forgotten he raped a girl. Apparently putting a ball through the hoop is all one needs to not be considered a piece of shit human.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            Why does he deserve this? As far as I'm concerned, rose is a rapist and rapists dont really deserve any good karma coming their way.

All of this adoration of rose is blowing my mind honestly. Everyone has forgotten he raped a girl. Apparently putting a ball through the hoop is all one needs to not be considered a piece of shit human.
            Yeah it's stupid. People are acting like a paralyzed man just learned to walk again or something. D Rose is a douche

Comment

• Being accused means he is guilty? He wasn't convicted.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                Being accused means he is guilty? He wasn't convicted.
                Exactly
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oh come on! We all know the justice system is very lenient when it comes to convicting celebrities and sports stars. All you have to do is attack the womans character and the jury is swayed.

Anyways, reading Rose's comments during the trials reveals some fucked up viewpoints of his towards consent and women. I'm going purely by things he said during the trial.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Hes at worst a rapist, at best he has no concept of consent.

But yay justice system did its job cause dat bitch was a ho dey were runnin on a train on

Comment

Oh come on! We all know the justice system is very lenient when it comes to convicting celebrities and sports stars. All you have to do is attack the womans character and the jury is swayed.
                      Mike Tyson says otherwise.

Comment

• Obviously if he Raped that woman then I don’t respect him as a man whatsoever. It’s disgusting. That being said, we’ll never really know definitively if that is the case, and it’s best not to assume guilt. It’s pretty damning that Drose couldn’t define consent and some of the quotes are pretty suspect, but the woman has also made some suspect decisions as well. It’s a grey area, but an area you can avoid if you operate as a consistently decent human being.

That being said, I respect Drose as an athlete. He’s gotten through what most athletes couldn’t have. He was one of, if not the most talented basketball players in the history of the game and he had it all taken away from him. In interviews, he seems a better person now as well.

Comment

• Derrick Rose is an inspiration.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            Obviously if he Raped that woman then I don’t respect him as a man whatsoever. It’s disgusting. That being said, we’ll never really know definitively if that is the case, and it’s best not to assume guilt. It’s pretty damning that Drose couldn’t define consent and some of the quotes are pretty suspect, but the woman has also made some suspect decisions as well. It’s a grey area, but an area you can avoid if you operate as a consistently decent human being.

That being said, I respect Drose as an athlete. He’s gotten through what most athletes couldn’t have. He was one of, if not the most talented basketball players in the history of the game and he had it all taken away from him. In interviews, he seems a better person now as well.
                            The fact that he doesn't comprehend consent and his "suspect quotes" pretty much tells you how much of a "decent" human being he is or not.

Comment

I trust you're not a fan of Kobe Bryant either then?

The Kobe Bryant sexual assault case began in July 2003 when the news media reported that the sheriff's office in Eagle, Colorado had arrested professional basketball player Kobe Bryant in connection with an investigation of a sexual assault complaint filed by a 19-year-old hotel employee.[1] Bryant had checked into The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera, a hotel in Edwards, Colorado, on June 30 in advance of having surgery near there on July 2 under Richard Steadman. The woman accused Bryant of raping her in his hotel room on July 1, the night before the surgery.

Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant's publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt on his part.

and

https://deadspin.com/why-the-fuck-is...yet-1829494689

Comment

• I watched the game again. Damn, the Sixers suck. Fultz needs to be developed properly, but they are not utilizing him at all. Ball is out of his hands more often than not with Simmons dominating the initiation, and Fultz is useless without the ball seeing as he doesn't have a three-point shot.

They have to make the decision at some point to start Redick, and give Fultz big minutes off the bench. That starting group is awful with Fultz. Redick is in, and they look solid.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X