Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Impossible to rank Curry against the oldtimers because the rules have been warped so much in his favor, and guards in general.
    Fair.

So since i started following basketball(mid 90's). Here's my top 5 greatest PG's of all time.

1. Curry
    2. Kidd
    3. Stockton
    4. Westbrook
    5. Nash

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    Curry is the 2nd greatest PG of all time; Magic obviously is #1.

Kidd is better than Nash.
    Impossible to rank Curry against the oldtimers because the rules have been warped so much in his favor, and guards in general.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

shocking

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Go home t rex you're drunk
    Huh?

You think Nash is better lol why because he's Canadian? He's not even in Kidd's league.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Go home t rex you're drunk

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I think hes slightly underrated in how hes remembered by the general population. I have it:

1. Magic
    2. Oscar
    3. Nash, curry and Stockton
    Curry is the 2nd greatest PG of all time; Magic obviously is #1.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Cris Carter says nothing's changed, Kawhi will sign with either the Lakers or Clips next year.
    He doesn't know anything. He's also the one that said Kawhi would never come here in the first place. Look how that turned out.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Cris Carter says nothing's changed, Kawhi will sign with either the Lakers or Clips next year.
    Where'd you see that? I'm pretty sure Carter said, "Nothing's changed. He's still one of the best perimeter defenders in the league."

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Yup, this was a clean block. Refs admitted afterwards they screwed it up:

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    The way Serge and JV are playing I wonder if Nurse might try a string of games with them starting together. Or even if not starting just on the floor at the same time because seems like they haven't played together much.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    The limping Isiah Thomas of the Detroit Pistons in the Finals should be included in that convo.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Can you be underrated when you're a 2x MVP? Lol I don't think Nash is "underrated" - I think many would put him right up there with the best PG's in History.
    I think hes slightly underrated in how hes remembered by the general population. I have it:

1. Magic
    2. Oscar
    3. Nash, curry and Stockton

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Steve is bang on. And appropriate it's him, one of the most underrated and BEST point guards of all time.

Fun fact: When adjusting offensive ratings to the type of offense your league is playing in (making it fair to compare era to era) Steve Nash was the QB of 6 of the best 12 offenses of all time, and yes better than the 96 Bulls. But he was tiny, white, unassuming and Canadian, so there's no way he's an all time great...right?
    Can you be underrated when you're a 2x MVP? Lol I don't think Nash is "underrated" - I think many would put him right up there with the best PG's in History.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    At age 30, in his 10th season, Stephen Curry is basking in the prime of his career. If he wins a fourth title or a third MVP -- and both appear possible this season -- the list narrows even further. If he does both ... we're talking about the rarest of the rare.

"I hate to break it to you, but he's already an all-time great," two-time MVP Steve Nash said. "He's the ultimate one-off. He's the evolution of basketball. It evolved before our eyes.

"There's layers to his place in the Zeitgeist," Nash said. "People don't associate him to greatness because he doesn't dominate the game physically. He dances. He pays a tax for that. He pays a tax for his great teammates."
    Steve is bang on. And appropriate it's him, one of the most underrated and BEST point guards of all time.

Fun fact: When adjusting offensive ratings to the type of offense your league is playing in (making it fair to compare era to era) Steve Nash was the QB of 6 of the best 12 offenses of all time, and yes better than the 96 Bulls. But he was tiny, white, unassuming and Canadian, so there's no way he's an all time great...right?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Great long form article on Demar Derozan on espn today. Heres the first few paragraphs

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...onio-spurs-nba

As Rudy Gay chomps on a sandwich in the locker room ahead of the San Antonio Spurs' exhibition opener, DeMar DeRozan points an iPhone his way to reveal a FaceTime chat with former Toronto Raptors teammate Kyle Lowry.

"What he say?" Gay asks between bites.

"You're f---ing dead to me," DeRozan whispers back.

Belly laughter quickly envelops that corner of the locker room, just a few steps from the door. DeRozan has come a long way from heartbreak.

"It took a while for me to get back in that happy place," DeRozan says, "where I didn't care about much in the sense of like, 'Just be happy, man. Just be yourself. Don't worry about all that other stuff.'"

Maybe it's also that the more than 1,400 miles separating Toronto and San Antonio are distancing DeRozan emotionally from the pain of July 18. That's the day the Raptors traded him to the Alamo City along with Jakob Poeltl in exchange for a disgruntled Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green and a protected 2019 first-round pick.

DeRozan relishes being 'the closer' for Spurs
    DeMar DeRozan hit San Antonio's last three field goals and snagged three rebounds in overtime to punctuate a 34-point performance Monday night against Dallas, further solidifying him as the closer the Spurs lacked last season.

Now nearly healed from the crushing realization that he was no longer wanted by an organization he had no desire to leave, DeRozan is embracing both San Antonio's championship culture and the finite nature of his own career, which includes four All-Star appearances, five straight trips to the playoffs as a Raptor and a 2016 Olympic gold medal -- but no NBA titles.

DeRozan aims to rewrite that last part of his bio.

"Every day that goes by, my days in this league are getting limited," he says. "And you want to maximize and take full advantage of everything, of being able to compete for a championship. Because if you were to ask me my rookie year if I would look up 10 years later and this is where I'd be, I wouldn't believe it.

"So now it's about putting everything that I've learned, everything I went through, that I've accomplished, my fails, my sacrifices, just putting all that together and understanding that it's time to lay it all out there on the line. Because when it's time to hang it up, I want to have no regrets."

DeRozan makes it clear he wants to focus on moving forward instead of reliving what took place in Toronto. He doesn't want to discuss his struggles with depression, although the new Spur says he's "feeling great" mentally. But DeRozan acknowledges that fully focusing on what's next is impossible without overcoming the pain he endured this summer. Asked if he's hurt by what happened in Toronto and whether he sees it as a motivating force, DeRozan doesn't hesitate.

"Both, without a doubt," he says. "I definitely was extremely hurt. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't. I always made it clear that Toronto was where I wanted to retire. You never heard a player say that. No star player. Nobody. My whole objective being there was fighting against the stigma that guys didn't want to play there. As it happened to me, when I gave everything I could on the court and off the court, it definitely hurt. It definitely hurt. To feel like, 'Damn, I wasn't nothing? I wasn't this? All right, cool. Now, I'm going to show you.'"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X