Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanyo
    replied
    Anyone know whats going on with OG? I know his dad passed away last month and thats gonna be tough but whats going on lately?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    ball4life wrote: View Post
    LOL Kawhi yelled at Siakam on that one.. i never seen this Kawhi ever before.. LOL
    It was an idiotic turnover.

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    sanyo wrote: View Post
    God damn turnover on 4 on 1?!?!?

Jesus!
    LOL Kawhi yelled at Siakam on that one.. i never seen this Kawhi ever before.. LOL

always thought dude is robotic doesnt give a shit but ill do my own kind of guy

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    Someone tell Siakam to stop dribbling the ball too much. Holy shit.
    ya he needs to slow down a bit tough tho cause that's one of his biggest strengths

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Someone tell Siakam to stop dribbling the ball too much. Holy shit.

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    God damn turnover on 4 on 1?!?!?

Jesus!

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    If that idiot Brown plays today, I'll go nuts!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Ibaka beat Embiid on the jump ball? lol

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Kawhi on ben

Leave a comment:

• TacoBreath
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Look, I wish DeRozan all the best but there's a few things we know here:

2. The Spurs have something like 54 point guards injured right now and are asking DeMar to do everything. There's a good chance the stat-stuffing opportunities don't continue for all 82. Credit to DeMar for being able to do what they need him to do, though.
    DDR has been a godsend for my Spurs. I don't even like to think about not having him. Our starting point guard is now a guy who was supposed to be 3rd string shooting guard, I think, basically a 3-ball flinger for a few minutes a game. He's done well (all things are relative) as the designated "warm body" but it's a tough situation.

So I can easily sympathize with your own situatuon of having players out, and the team having to scramble, looking for whatever might work.

But DDR's stat stuffing might have to continue all year, unless the Spurs luck into a good trade or something.

4. The Spurs are not very good. ....
    Bless you for being restrained in how you express it. As a team, we suk. But at least the scoring is there, with DDR. Yay for that.

... they've had a soft schedule. These clutch wins are coming against middling to bad teams.
    Very true. We've beaten the Los Angeles Dumpsters twice already, which is great psychologically, but it proves nothing about bball ability this year.

... a team anchored by DD, Rudy Gay, and LMA projects to be middling in the West at best and it's hard to win an MVP from that position.
    The anchors are fine, it's just that the rest of the ship is all poop deck. So both teams know how tough it can be when the depth goes away.

Hope you get back to your winning ways immediately!

(Until you play my Spurs) GO RAPS GO!!

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned here but Kyle became franchise all time leader in steals last night (665)
    Seems wholly appropriate that on the eve of Halloween, he might rack up steal number 666

Leave a comment:

replied
    Please just play a 9-man rotation this game, with one of Kawhi or Lowry always on the floor

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Look, I wish DeRozan all the best but there's a few things we know here:

1. DeMar has gotten better every year, so we should expect him to be better again this season. But he didn't just jump from the 20th-40th best player in the NBA (depending how bullish you were on him before) to top 5.

2. The Spurs have something like 54 point guards injured right now and are asking DeMar to do everything. There's a good chance the stat-stuffing opportunities don't continue for all 82. Credit to DeMar for being able to do what they need him to do, though.

3. DeMar DeRozan has had extremely hot starts to the season before (he led the NBA in scoring to open up the 2016-17 season, dropping 40 point games like nothing). The guy comes ready to play.

4. The Spurs are not very good. They're 25th in team DRTG. They have a negative net rating. And they've had a soft schedule. These clutch wins are coming against middling to bad teams.

It's good to see DeMar get some pub anyway and hopefully he and the Spurs have a good season, but a team anchored by DD, Rudy Gay, and LMA projects to be middling in the West at best and it's hard to win an MVP from that position.
    Haley O'Shaughnessy is routinely terrible, but DeMar did finish 8th in MVP voting last year, above Stephen Curry.

Some of your points counterbalance each other... yes, the Spurs are not very good, but that is partly because they are so injured. Once they have more help, DeMar will be asked to do less, but the team should improve.

I think they'll slot in after the Warriors, Nuggets, Jazz, and Pelicans, but unless AD, Kawhi, or Giannis get injured, DD doesn't have much of a shot. Jokic/KD/Steph/Harden will all be in the mix too. But it's still great that he might even be in the conversation given that a lot of people expected him to fall flat on his face next to Gay and Aldridge.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We always say "put Kawhi on this guy, put green on this guy" yet nba teams basically screen and switch every possession.
    While true it's still helpful to know who's got who to prevent dribble penetration. We're not playing a zone D.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    This is why there should be an Everything NBA thread in this forum. There was one, but the mods deleted it for some reason. SO this is what happens.

And no, nobody goes to the Let's NBA forum lol.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X