Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 129 (7-1) vs Philadelphia 76ers 112 (4-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inthepaint
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Here's an idea. Use Wright as a PG, with Siakam there with the bench as secondary ball handler. Give Wright a pick and pop big so he can attack the rim in PnR. Surround them with guys who can shoot a bit (Miles, Norm, in theory at least).

When Kawhi is playing you can offset his and Lowry's minutes a bit to help the bench, but in the meantime there is still a lot we can do to put out a more functional bench unit.
    Can Wright play though? He looks hurt/playing through pain out there. But yeah, if he can play that sounds like a really good way to go. Would prevent a big drop off when the starters sit, like last night.

This game will depend on whether or not we have decent backup PG play. If we do, we win, if not we'll drop this one as well unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    I assume Raptors will crash the paint. Philly has yet to adjust to their lack of shooters on the floor.

It's interesting watching Pop run the Spurs with their lack of shooting on the floor vs. Philly's inability to play without the spacing. I guess that's why he's Pop.

Didn't watch last night's game, and I'm glad I didn't. Sounded like a shit show.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Will be some interesting match ups against Philly. They like starting Fultz for some reason, so that's most likely Lowry's check. I'm assuming we'd see Serge start again. Embiid likes to shoot threes for some reason (takes more than 4 a game and is shooting at 23% so far), so Nurse will probably go with Ibaka.

That leaves Kawhi, Green and Siakam to cover Simmons, Covington, and Saric. Could really mix and match this coverage.

Should be fun.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    76ers played* yesterday as well.. so can't use the B2B excuse especially since we're home, and Philly's on the road. Need to set an example in this one. Philly can't think they have the upper hand on Toronto.

Kyle had a pretty bad game last night. Hope his shot falls tonight because we really, really need it to.
    *Atlanta

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    I'm sure Masai's like, 'This is real life stuff, take as long as you need.'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X