Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #10: Toronto Raptors 121 (9-1) - Los Angeles Lakers 107 (4-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
    I do look at this in a different way, how come we allowed them to cut this 31 points to a single digit ?
    I am not happy with our defense at all.
    Not to sound harsh but, do you watch the NBA? This happens all the time. Good teams run an opponent out of the gym for a period of time and then dial it back. You can't play 48 minutes at 100% for 82 games. And, if anything, it was much more the offense (Raps couldn't shoot) than the defense that let the Lakers make their fake run.

It was a dominating performance. Full stop.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Not to sound harsh but, do you watch the NBA? This happens all the time. Good teams run an opponent out of the gym for a period of time and then dial it back. You can't play 48 minutes at 100% for 82 games. And, if anything, it was much more the offense (Raps couldn't shoot) than the defense that let the Lakers make their fake run.

yeah even Lakers fans and sports writers were saying that they "don't get fooled by the score it was never close"

it's like when Bargnani Raps would go on a fake comeback
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only counter to that is how unhappy Nurse was with the bench and having to put out the starters at the end. That was the only blemish to an otherwise great game.

Comment

• Lost in the afterglow of that satisfying humilation of Lebronto and the Lakers is the job that OG did on Lebron. I don't recall Lebron trying to bully OG like he does to almost every other defender. There is some respect there.

Also, that Green-OG-Siakam-Ibaka lineup was really effective at limiting Lebron whenever OG had to switch off. It would be interesting to have an all-defense lineup of Green-Kawhi-OG-Siakam-Ibaka with no PG, just for the entertainment value of watching other teams try to score.

Comment

Yeah they put the boots to the Lakers and curb stomped them last night. It was quieter than the Kathleen Wynne post election party in the Staples Centre during the first quarter. 42 to 17. Ouch.

After that ass whooping no one on the raps put in what you would call hard minutes after the first 12.
            I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

Comment

We let up after the first tho. We are a top 2-5 team in the NBA and I think are better than just 'good' and should be expecting more. This does happen in all sports but was a little discouraging that we didn't fully put them away and even needed the starters playing to end the game.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                We let up after the first tho. We are a top 2-5 team in the NBA and I think are better than just 'good' and should be expecting more. This does happen in all sports but was a little discouraging that we didn't fully put them away and even needed the starters playing to end the game.
                I was fine with it, that had a lot to do with Kawhi sitting and Fred not being back to form yet. Nurse wanted to close the entire 4th quarter with a bench unit that hasn't been running very well, but it was the first night of a b2b so he gave them an extended opportunity. Norm/CJ/FVV all sucked balls while JV/Delon were good. It wasn't enough. When he had to, Nurse put the starters back in to ensure a comfortable win. He would have preferred they rest for Utah, I'm sure.

That's the balance between trying to maintain health vs. still needing to win regular season games and get a top seed that we've been discussing. We just saw it play out last night in the coach's decision making.

In the future, that unit will likely be fine. FVV will be back at some point and if Kawhi is starting you'll have OG (or even Siakam) with that unit instead of Norm. It'll be better.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I was fine with it, that had a lot to do with Kawhi sitting and Fred not being back to form yet. Nurse wanted to close the entire 4th quarter with a bench unit that hasn't been running very well, but it was the first night of a b2b so he gave them an extended opportunity. Norm/CJ/FVV all sucked balls while JV/Delon were good. It wasn't enough. When he had to, Nurse put the starters back in to ensure a comfortable win. He would have preferred they rest for Utah, I'm sure.

That's the balance between trying to maintain health vs. still needing to win regular season games and get a top seed that we've been discussing. We just saw it play out last night in the coach's decision making.

In the future, that unit will likely be fine. FVV will be back at some point and if Kawhi is starting you'll have OG (or even Siakam) with that unit instead of Norm. It'll be better.
                  No disagreements here. Great win. Of course it would have been better if it was a laugher for the rest of the game after the 1st, but who wouldn't prefer that.

Comment

Working...
                  X