Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #11: Toronto Raptors 124 (10-1) - Utah Jazz 111 (4-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #11: Toronto Raptors 124 (10-1) - Utah Jazz 111 (4-6)

Toronto Raptors

Kyle Lowry

Danny Green

Kawhi Leonard

Pascal Siakam

Serge Ibaka

Los Angeles Lakers

Ricky Rubio

Grayson Allen

Joe Ingles

Derrick Favours

Rudy Gobert

Game Notes:
    • The Raptors soundly defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in their last bout, with Serge Ibaka leading the way recording a thunderous double double of 34 points and 10 rebounds.
    • Kawhi Leonard did not play Monday against the Lakers, due to a foot injury suffered in Phoenix on Friday. He is expected to be in action against the Utah Jazz.
    • Donovan Mitchell is not expected to play after suffering a left ankle sprain in a game with the Denver Nuggets on Friday, so far in the season he has averaged 22.4 points and 4.1 assists.
    • Miles Davis released Kind of Blue in 1959 which has become the greatest-selling jazz album of all time. A sextet consisting of saxophonists John Coltrane and Julian "Cannonball" Adderley, bassist Paul Chambers, drummer Jimmy Cobb, pianist Bill Evans, and Miles Davis himself pushed the boundaries of jazz music, exploring the potential of music that is based solely on modality.
    OG is our king

• Masai Ujiri released Kind of Purple in 2018 which has become the most-dominant Raptors team of all time. A sextet consisting of MVP candidates Kawhi Leonard and Kyle "Cannonbooty" Lowry, speed demon Pascal Siakam, sharpshooter Danny Green, fuzzy chef Serge Ibaka, and sixth man Fred VanVleet pushed the boundaries of basketball, exploring the potential of winning that is based solely on ass-kicking.

Comment

Can't wait to see our sextet do some more ass-kicking. Actually more correctly I believe we have a Nonet (9-man group) of ass-kicking at the moment (would like to include Norm and CJ but they're mostly sucking ass right now; as opposed to kicking). But sextet sounds a lot more sexy.

Comment

I was in a sextet once .... a couple of us regretted it in the morning ....

Comment

Not letdown for tonight's game please. Kawhi gonna keep them focused.
          Go Raptors!

Comment

Might be a good game for Kawhi to sit out if Mitchell isn't playing either.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Might be a good game for Kawhi to sit out if Mitchell isn't playing either.
              With him sitting out last night, I'd imagine the only reason he'd sit is if that ankle is bothering him, in which case he'd sit regardless of Mitchell playing.

What might be worth considering is giving Lowry a night off. I doubt they do so, but it seems like an idea worth considering.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Like the idea of Kyle sitting. Ideally, he should sit when we are playing an inferior team (or injury riddled), when Kawhi is playing and hopefully when Fred is fully rehabbed .

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  With him sitting out last night, I'd imagine the only reason he'd sit is if that ankle is bothering him, in which case he'd sit regardless of Mitchell playing.

What might be worth considering is giving Lowry a night off. I doubt they do so, but it seems like an idea worth considering.
                  They only have two more games this week, I'm hoping everybody plays tonight. Utah a very strange 0-3 at home this year, but I don't trust that at all. They're a strong home team, they'll start winning soon.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

With the 5th place Sacramento Kings looming on Wednesday I hope the Raps don't overlook the currently out of the playoff seeding at this moment Jazz.

FWIW ...I suspect Leonard doesn't play in this one either.Still the Raps match up pretty well with the offensively challenged but defensively tough Mormons.

Gobert is a rim protector extraordinaire but the Raps are generating a ton of their offense from the perimeter and in transition. Interesting to see who gets the nod between Serge and JV. Does Nurse start JV and go head to head with Rudy inside or does he have Serge play the stretch 5 and pull him out from the key opening up the inside a bit more.

Favors won't be able to keep up with Siakam or OG up and down the floor but if the Jazz post up Derrick then they have an advantage. Think Siakam and OG run him off the floor.

Joe Ingles is one of those guys who makes life miserable with his steady if unspectacular play. Doesn't turn it over. Makes more than his fair share of 3's. Expect him to do more of the same tonight. The prick.

Without Mitchell the Raps backcourt of Lowry / Freddy / Danny / Delon and Norm have more than a passing advantage over Rubio / Exum / Gayson Allen and Raul Neto.

Still its at altitude.. it is the SGOFAB2B .....and the Kings game looms on the horizon. But the Raps are rolling ... Raps W.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Oh lawd. Is Kawhi going to sit this one out again? is he even really hurt?

Kawhi is only going to be here for a year so I want to watch him play as many games as possible.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

you sound like Tony Parker in the Spurs lol this is why he left them haha

Comment

Watching Lowry, looks like you'd have to chain him to the chair to keep him out of a game. Oh, and bolt the chair to the floor or he'd be on the court wearing it. Lol He looks really happy. Nice to see.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Dwane Casey: "wE dOn'T HaVe tHe PeRsoNNel"
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X