Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #12: Toronto Raptors 114 (11-1) - Sacramento Kings 105 (6-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    consmap is Thread Creator du-jour ... I remember a time when MixxAOR was the love of everyone on this board. How quickly loyalties change. Such a "what have you done for me lately" industry is the Game Thread Making game.

That said ... Love you consmap! Go get us that win!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      consmap is Thread Creator du-jour ... I remember a time when MixxAOR was the love of everyone on this board. How quickly loyalties change. Such a "what have you done for me lately" industry is the Game Thread Making game.

The king is dead! Long live the king!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

don't think what the republic can do for you. think what you can do for the republic.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          don't think what the republic can do for you. think what you can do for the republic.
          LOL You need to work on your JFK accent though ... allow me:

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Wait, there was a tank discussion for this year?

WTF.

Anyhow, I'd sit Kawhi again if he's sore.... don't need him yet. NEED him for Pelicans and Celts back to back.

Need him ready to kill
            The Raps disclose injury status like an NHL team. First reports was that Norm suffered a shoulder strain. Yeah... all guys run.. not walk .. but run to the room after a shoulder strain.

So with that as a bit of context, Leonard who rolled his ankle or foot just a short four days ago is prolly sore. Its likely more than what they are letting on and prolly less than a serious injury. It takes a few days to feel right.

Most likely return date for Leonard is Saturday against the Knicks.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Raptors officially lead the East and tied with the Warriors for 1st overall at 10-1
              Giddy times ....

Comment

Because its timeless

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not sure if many people would see this on the Lowry thread, so I figure I'll post this here too:

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  PIPM is a relatively new metric that takes into account overall offence and defence impact on the court. It's an enhanced, more polished and reliable version of the raw +/-. With most teams with roughly 10-11 games (about 1/8 of the season, these are the top 20 players on that metric:

1. Kyle Lowry
                  2. Kevin Durant
                  3. Stephen Curry
                  4. Damian Lillard
                  5. Giannis Antetokounmpo
                  6. Kemba Walker
                  7. Nikola Jokic
                  8. Khris Middleton
                  9. Danny Green
                  10. Joel Embiid
                  11. Pascal Siakam
                  12. Rudy Gobert
                  13. Draymond Green
                  14. Marc Gasol
                  15. Gary Harris
                  16. Anthony Davis
                  17. DeMar DeRozan
                  18. Serge Ibaka
                  19. Kawhi Leonard
                  20. Nicolas Batum

A couple of fun facts:
                  --Raps is the only team in which all the starters are in the top 20 (two are in the top 10).
                  --Celtics have zero players on this list
                  --Some other players not in the top 20: Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Butler, Paul George and Oladipo
                  --And my favourite: Kelly Oubre has the 3rd worst PIPM at this point, out of 426 players.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Most likely return date for Leonard is Saturday against the Knicks.
                    Agreed. No need to rush him against bum teams on the road. Just look what happened to Norm 13 seconds into his playing time is a reminder that injuries are a part of the game and any seemingly innocent routine play can result in that.

I actually liked how the team played without Kawhi in the last 2 games. It shows that our other players can step up and we need to know that they can when the going gets tough and it will get tougher during the season once teams are better prepared for us.

Raps still need to be careful here as the last road game of this trip tends to bring out the worst in any team.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. No need to rush him against bum teams on the road. Just look what happened to Norm 13 seconds into his playing time is a reminder that injuries are a part of the game and any seemingly innocent routine play can result in that.

I actually liked how the team played without Kawhi in the last 2 games. It shows that our other players can step up and we need to know that they can when the going gets tough and it will get tougher during the season once teams are better prepared for us.

Raps still need to be careful here as the last road game of this trip tends to bring out the worst in any team.
                      Plus, road games in Sactown have not been kind to us in recent history.

Comment

So Les Raptors get back an hour as they fly into northern Cali to take on the surprising Kings.
                        Am pretty sure that Leonard gets this one off as well to give him a full week to feel better from whatever it is that he jammed last Friday. I hope I'm wrong and he suits up.. but still think that who we saw dispose of Utah in a very professional win last night are the same lineup we see in Sacto. .

Valenbaka has been putting up 30 and 15 for the season it seems. Standing their way is Cauley-Stien and Kofous. You have to think the reign of terror continues.

Lowry just might be having his best season as a Raptor. There were a couple of borderline hot dog passes in the first quarter last night but after that it was a clinic again. Hitting Pascal on the break. The PnR with Valenbaka. The killer two for one three ball he made from 40 feet to close out the half. Taking charges to end runs. Fuckin awesome .Snyder waived the flag after the first time out in the 3rd as he just had no answers and he has a pretty good team. Standing in front of him on Wednesday is the water bug fast D'Arron Fox. It won't matter. Lowrys cooking.

Looking forward to watching Pascal go up against Marvin Bagley. This should be a great game within the game matchup. Bags is a rook so the edge goes to Pascal but the scrap between these two primo athletes should be great. Don't think Zbo is playing much these days or perhaps he is hurt...but if he can go and has anything left in the tank Zach is an xfactor

Danny Green got thrown into the deal for Leonard like a bag of ketchup at Mickey D's and this guy at the 2 spot is worth his weight in gold. Where Greens strength has been hitting the transition 3 Delon complements him and gives the Raps a change of look with his ability to get to the rim. Buddy Hield is doing well this year and hey.. they have him to show for the Cousins trade where NO has nothing. He will have his work cut out for him tonight as Green and Delon will be all over him like white on rice.

OG put up 17 last night and choked off a normally Gerald Henderson award winner in Joe Ingles. Tonight he gets the assignment to close down Bogdonovic. He is clearly up to it.

Freddy is rounding into form and sooner or later Miles is going to have a game.

The Kings are better and have passed the mantle of most idiotic franchise to the Wiz or Suns. No longer are they the Excremento Kings. They are on the right track. They still have a ways to go. ... Raps W.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Danny Green got thrown into the deal for Leonard like a bag of ketchup at Mickey D's and this guy at the 2 spot is worth his weight in gold. Where Greens strength has been hitting the transition 3 Delon complements him and gives the Raps a change of look with his ability to get to the rim. Buddy Hield is doing well this year and hey.. they have him to show for the Cousins trade where NO has nothing. He will have his work cut out for him tonight as Green and Delon will be all over him like white on rice.
                          I would argue for this team since scoring isnt really an issue that 10 points per game avg of Danny Green with solid 3&D is currently worth more then Derozan putting up 20 points a game with mediocre defence and a lousy 3 pointer shot.

Comment

Weird sh!t always happens in Sacramento. From the screw job, to that phantom offensive foul on Lowry. Can't let the refs screw up this one.

Kings are not as bad as the Cousins' era Kings. But they are still pretty bad. Should be a good/comfortable win. But I suspect it will be more like a Phoenix level win. We give them a game, and pull away in the 4th.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                Wait, there was a tank discussion for this year?

WTF.

Anyhow, I'd sit Kawhi again if he's sore.... don't need him yet. NEED him for Pelicans and Celts back to back.

Need him ready to kill
                                I swear back to backs are supposed to be down this season. Why are we playing soooo many already
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X