Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #13: Toronto Raptors 128 (12-1) - New York Knicks 112 (4-9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    You think the Celtics are better than the Bucks? I don't.
    I don't think they are right now but I think they will be in may
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I don't think they are right now but I think they will be in may
      Tough call. Celtics don't have that uber-star who can take over a game like Giannis, which seems more important in May. They're a team full of B-plus to A-minus level stars that has lost the underdog identity that helped them overacheive last year.

Like I've been saying, you can't put five 25% USG guys together and expect 125% production. At least 1, if not 2 of those guys are coming off the bench if Stevens/Ainge has the stones - or we're going to see a trade.

Comment

Boston has elite defense.. it's something they can definitely hang their hat on. Their defense can suffocate a team of all shooters like the Bucks. Boston's biggest issue is offense.. and it was last year as well. But they still ended up one game away from the finals.

They have a 7-4 record, one of the hardest schedules in the league based on SOS, and have the #1 defense. They have enough fire power to figure out their offense on the fly. But that defense looks like its here to stay and as such will always be a tough out.

I would not want to face the Celts or the Bucks.. but I'd rather beat the Celtics since that would be super satisfying.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Boston has elite defense.. it's something they can definitely hang their hat on. Their defense can suffocate a team of all shooters like the Bucks. Boston's biggest issue is offense.. and it was last year as well. But they still ended up one game away from the finals.

They have a 7-4 record, one of the hardest schedules in the league based on SOS, and have the #1 defense. They have enough fire power to figure out their offense on the fly. But that defense looks like its here to stay and as such will always be a tough out.

I would not want to face the Celts or the Bucks..
          but I'd rather beat the Celtics since that would be super satisfying.
          I like your post mars but not the wording of this sentence. We should fear no one, and we will HAVE to face them as its finals or bust baby.

It is they who should fear the velociraptor. Raptors definitely eat deers and probably Irish people too

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            You think the Celtics are better than the Bucks? I don't.
            Didn't say that and I don't think it's possible to know with more certainty until we get another dozen games in. But I do believe the Celtics are going to get better and the Bucks digress. All I said is never count the Celtics out of a game.....and you shouldn't.

Comment

Look who's currently #1 on the mvp tracker

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

Comment

MVP-ladder is out for their top 10 this week:
                http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder

1. Giannis
                2. Curry
                3. Kawhi

Last week: No. 2

Season stats: 26.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists

If this NBA-best 11-1 start to the season has seen Leonard operating at half speed as he gets comfortable in coach Nick Nurse’s system -- as Leonard claimed after Wednesday’s win against the Sacramento Kings -- it’s scary to think about just how good the Raptors will be when Leonard finally finds his groove. As it stands, Leonard has operated beautifully in the Raptors’ engine this season and All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry is making an MVP case of his own. The Raptors’ depth at every position has allowed them to maintain an elite level of play with or without Leonard on the floor so far this season. (Toronto easily handled the Los Angeles Lakers and Utah Jazz on their current road trip without Leonard in the mix because of a foot injury). He returned to the lineup in the win in Sacramento with an efficient 25 points, 11 rebounds and two assists. The true beauty of his fit with the Raptors is that he’s been able to fit in seamlessly without even knowing the ins and outs of the system yet.
                4. Lillard
                5. Davis
                6. Jokic
                7. Durant
                8. Lowry
                9. James
                10. Embiid

2 in the top 10!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Look who's currently #1 on the mvp tracker

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html
                  I like this one better

Comment

MVP-ladder is out for their top 10 this week:
                    http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder

1. Giannis
                    2. Curry
                    3. Kawhi

4. Lillard
                    5. Davis
                    6. Jokic
                    7. Durant
                    8. Lowry
                    9. James
                    10. Embiid

2 in the top 10!
                    Close. Should be:

1. Giannis
                    2. Kawhi
                    3. Curry
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I like this one better
                      This one is more accurate as it removes bias and it's just cold data. The nba is written by some guy who didnt even have Lowry in the top 15 last week and until people flamed him for it so now he begrudgingly put him in 8th.

Kawhi will probably finish better than Kyle but how could he be at 2 when hes missed 4 or 5 games?

Comment

Kawhi can really win this thing imo if the Raps keeps playing like this and if he starts playing every game.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                          Close. Should be:

1. Giannis
                          2. Kawhi
                          3. Curry
                          And Lowry at 8 is about right.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lowry is #1 - on Zach Lowe's 10 things

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...yson-tatum-nba
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

If the last 10 minutes have taught us anything, Lowry is awesome

Comment

Hope Kawhi has one of these today:

Comment

Working...
                                X