Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #14 Toronto Raptors 110 (12-2) - New Orleans Pelicans 126 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I think it's more about Nurse wanting his players to get comfortable playing with as many different combinations as possible so that we have the flexibility in the playoffs to overcome adjustments, matchups, injuries, etc.... We saw how Pascal 'needed' FVV last year which rendered the whole bench mob useless when FVV got hurt. Not the only reason, but I think flexbility factors a lot into Nurse's thought process.
    I would buy this if we were seeing more variance in lineups, but we are not. We are seeing a pretty rigid rotation (with the exception of occasionally swapping JV for Serge) with only rare lineup variations where Wright will play as the 2nd guard instead of FVV or Green, as an example.

My complaint isn't with experimentation - it's with the lack of it. And I wouldn't mind the lack of experimentation if they were being rigid on a rotation that made sense, but I disagree with the fundamental logic behind the rotation patterns right now, so if they aren't really mixing it up very much, what's the point?

Ultimately it's early and maybe things change as the season goes on. I'm just not enjoying the current patterns very much.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I would buy this if we were seeing more variance in lineups, but we are not. We are seeing a pretty rigid rotation (with the exception of occasionally swapping JV for Serge) with only rare lineup variations where Wright will play as the 2nd guard instead of FVV or Green, as an example.

My complaint isn't with experimentation - it's with the lack of it. And I wouldn't mind the lack of experimentation if they were being rigid on a rotation that made sense, but I disagree with the fundamental logic behind the rotation patterns right now, so if they aren't really mixing it up very much, what's the point?

Ultimately it's early and maybe things change as the season goes on. I'm just not enjoying the current patterns very much.
      What is your proposed rotation at this time?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Raptors HQ link in 3, 2, 1...
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I totally agree. Nurse’s rotations and match ups may require some tweaking.

I assumed that Kawhi’s minutes are still being managed. I however still don’t understand Nurse insistence of playing Lorenzo Brown eventhough Miles got hurt and was already down a man in Powell. Would it be prudent for him extending the minutes of Kawhi?
          They didn't play the night before nor expecting a B2B.

I was also dumbfounded for him to play Siakam at the C spot for a longer period and bringing Ibaka at the 4 minute mark when the score was close to out of reach.

His adjustments as well on defense was peculiar. He allowed Moore to get hot and put Kawhi his best defender on that player late in the 2nd quarter BUT did not go back to that match up in the third.

It is just asinine for someone to say that I am suggesting him to be fired but there is so much room for improvement for this first year coach.

Good loss to learn overall.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            I don't really have a "do this" list so much as a "don't do this" list. Essentially, stop playing JV with players who can't succeed in PnR. And stop playing the best PnR players on the team with no one who can set a screen, leaving the offence to fall apart unless shooters catch fire taking tough shots.

Even if you are going to split Ibaka/JV at about 28/20 as they've been doing, they are being used in the spots where they can provide the least value. You can still start Ibaka-Siakam and bring JV-OG off the bench without having to play JV-OG with the bench units. Or failing that, you can have one of your PnR threats (Lowry, Leonard) on the court with the bench units, though I think that only fixes half the problem.

Now, it should be made clear - even with what I consider non-ideal rotations, the team is super good, so will find success against most teams regardless. I just hate wasting large chunks of Lowry/Leonard's minutes. That shouldn't be a +10 net rating look. That's basically what the starting lineup was last year.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Raptors HQ link in 3, 2, 1...
              I will indeed be writing an article on this soon. But not yet! I want a bigger sample for all these looks (especially the bench with both FVV and Wright playing) before putting pen to paper.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Interesting tidbit/conversation I had with Coop:

For context purposes, I retweeted with: "... so the Pelicans were just making shots, and the Raptors weren’t?!"

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                  Interesting tidbit/conversation I had with Coop:

For context purposes, I retweeted with: "... so the Pelicans were just making shots, and the Raptors weren’t?!"

Maybe it was obvious JR, but did you tweet my post? lol.

golden wrote: View Post
                  And we missed a sh!t ton of open 3s and jump shots ....... we normally make. And Pels were unconscious.
                  Last edited by golden; Wed Nov 14, 2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Maybe it was obvious JR, but did you tweet my post? lol.
                    Haha, no I honestly didn't. I didn't watch the game live or kept up with this thread that night! Coincidence.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                    X