Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Malachi Richardson is having one of those games when he can't miss. And Boucher has 27 pts with 6 blocks...ridiculous
    Maybe a call up coming to replace Powell/Miles coming

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

905 set francise record points and three made in a game. Boucher is making light work of the G-League, averaging 27 points, 12 rebounds and 4.5 blocks. He'll get his shot on the first team soon enough. We'll have to see if Richardson is able to translate G-League success to NBA success, or if he'll be more like Brown
      In in the minority in not entirely being down on Brown yet. But let him work it out in semi-garbage time

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Nice article on coach case today. Interesting tidbit to fuel goldens flames: Lowry found time to text with Casey this summer

Classic case quote on siakam:

Oh. Hes also taking credit for splitting jv and Ibaka, saying it was he who started it and knew it all along
        https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball...turn-1.4902387
        Technically, Casey is right. He actually did split-up JV & Ibaka......... after the Cavs series was effectively over and Serge's confidence was beyond repair. Way ahead of the curve, that guy. smh.

Comment

Need this to continue all year.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Nice article on coach case today. Interesting tidbit to fuel goldens flames: Lowry found time to text with Casey this summer

Classic case quote on siakam:

Oh. Hes also taking credit for splitting jv and Ibaka, saying it was he who started it and knew it all along
            https://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball...turn-1.4902387
            Casey is a joke and a jackass.

When he first got his job with the Raps, he seemed like a good guy...but gradually I came to see him as petty, cowardly and arrogant. Always deflecting blame to others and always trying to prop himself up. Couldn't be happier he's gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              In in the minority in not entirely being down on Brown yet. But let him work it out in semi-garbage time
              Work out what?

He isn't some young guy. Brown is 28 and shows no NBA level skill. If he hasn't figured it out by now, how long do you really want to keep giving him a shot?

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                Meh. Warriors are just bored. The rest of the league is no real challenge, so they're creating they're own drama.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Casey is a joke and a jackass.

When he first got his job with the Raps, he seemed like a good guy...but gradually I came to see him as petty, cowardly and arrogant. Always deflecting blame to others and always trying to prop himself up. Couldn't be happier he's gone.

Can't speak to Casey's character and as much as I disagreed with many of his in-game and strategic coaching decisions, who am I to argue with a professional NBA coach who is now getting paid $7M a year, for the next 5 years. Having said that, I believe the Raptors are in better hands.

Why I interjected into this conversation. My daughter's husband got a promotion and was transferred to the Durham region. The move was being handled by a specialty firm that does a lot of high level moves for corporations. The crew that came to move them were all wearing Raptors gear. When asked about it the guys said the gear was gifts from coach Casey, who they moved to detroit (this team did the packing and another team unloaded).

They said there was no doubt that Casey was the nicest client they had ever worked for: down to earth, humble, straightforward and respectful of the guys. If these guys had been a choir they would have been singing the "Halleluja Chorus" over Casey. Just thought it was an interesting anecdote.

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                    Not much of a "story" there, Woj.

"They were angry at each other, it didn't get physical. Livingston said it was nothing. The end"

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

905 set francise record points and three made in a game. Boucher is making light work of the G-League, averaging 27 points, 12 rebounds and 4.5 blocks. He'll get his shot on the first team soon enough. We'll have to see if Richardson is able to translate G-League success to NBA success, or if he'll be more like Brown
                      Can Boucher play the 3 & 4?! He is quick after all but very skinny.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Can't speak to Casey's character and as much as I disagreed with many of his in-game and strategic coaching decisions, who am I to argue with a professional NBA coach who is now getting paid $7M a year, for the next 5 years. Having said that, I believe the Raptors are in better hands.

Why I interjected into this conversation. My daughter's husband got a promotion and was transferred to the Durham region. The move was being handled by a specialty firm that does a lot of high level moves for corporations. The crew that came to move them were all wearing Raptors gear. When asked about it the guys said the gear was gifts from coach Casey, who they moved to detroit (this team did the packing and another team unloaded).

They said there was no doubt that Casey was the nicest client they had ever worked for: down to earth, humble, straightforward and respectful of the guys. If these guys had been a choir they would have been singing the "Halleluja Chorus" over Casey. Just thought it was an interesting anecdote.
                        "Here's all the Raptors crap I'm now contractually-obligated to throw away. You can have it if you want"

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Can Boucher play the 3 & 4?! He is quick after all but very skinny.
                          He's like Ibaka. He's more a C
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Not much of a "story" there, Woj.

"They were angry at each other, it didn't get physical. Livingston said it was nothing. The end"
                            There might be potential for some lingering discord here. Durant is super, super petty.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

With this quote from Casey, I think we can officially confirm that the initial reaction to the Kawhi-DeMar trade was way out of line.

"I love DeMar DeRozan. I'll start out with that," Casey said. "But you add an All-Pro player, and All-Defensive player, a Finals MVP and not only that, you add Danny Green, who's another starter on a championship team. That's two pretty good players.
                              https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...rs/1989918002/

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                "Here's all the Raptors crap I'm now contractually-obligated to throw away. You can have it if you want"

Casey has his faults, obviously, however there is not really a need to troll a man for doing something nice for some blue collar guys. Glad the change was made, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X