Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Find you another defensive-minded athletic wing like Siakam to disprove your point? You're right, that will be a long wait

EDIT: Look how open he was

Props. Mans is out here providing the evidence.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      This could all be connected. Those guys may be among our best shooters, but we have enough shooting to make up for a couple of poor nights from them. Notice how not much of anyone outside that starting unit has really found a consistent offensive rhythm. Between the terrible rotations/units, and what I will loosely call our "system", it seems like there is not a lot of chemistry on the court for fairly large stretches of games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      We do have other shooters that could in theory make up for that: Miles/FVV/Kawhi/OG. Problem is with the exception of Kawhi, they're all shooting below 30% from deep. That's fine if Lowry and Green are on, but on the off night they're not, we lose. Among all factors, this is what stands out to me, rather than some malevolant system issue. The good news is shooters sometimes go through streaks and slumps and they should all bounce back.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        Lowry is puppetmaster coach. 3 times he waved off Nurse and shouted him down.
        A few more losses and Nurse's alpha-ness is going to get tested.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
          We do have other shooters that could in theory make up for that: Miles/FVV/Kawhi/OG. Problem is with the exception of Kawhi, they're all shooting below 30% from deep. That's fine if Lowry and Green are on, but on the off night they're not, we lose. Among all factors, this is what stands out to me, rather than some malevolant system issue. The good news is shooters sometimes go through streaks and slumps and they should all bounce back.
          Right, but there's no easy way to tell how much is guys slumping and how much is guys not getting the right shots.

Going into the season, the only guy considered a bad shooter in our projected rotation was Siakam and he's shooting a solid % by his standards (Powell can count but no one knew how much playing time he would get, and he was actually shooting well before getting injured). JV, Ibaka, OG, Kawhi, Green, Miles, Wright, Freddy and Lowry should all be capable shooters and nearly all of them are having some trouble. When you also see guys struggling to generally find a comfort zone, then yeah, it makes it harder to write off as slumping. We'll see how long it continues.

Comment

• There was one play yesterday when Kawhi showed some emotions, was upset when JV committed a turnover. That was compounded I am sure with Lowry partly blaming JV for missing an assignment during that very last possession of the game. I feel bad for JV especially when he was demonstrating a renewed enthusiasm of his own performance eventhough he is coming off the bench majority of the games already played.

That being said, I think Nurse should now make up his mind and let Ibaka start full time and JV relieving regardless of match ups. Yes Ibaka was injured yesterday but I have no doubt they would have won that game with him present.

Kawhi likes playing with Pascal, Serge and Green. He also defers more to Lowry.
            This five should finish the season and of course past 82.

But I just hope that Nurse should avoid as much as possible playing Brown and Malachi or at least limit them to just a minute or two tops, thats about it. Injuries or no injuries. Extend the minutes of his starters if necessary.

It is Time to develop a rhythm after 15 games.

Comment

• One more thing Nurse: FVV can not guard big athletic Point Guards.

Having a midget out there for a stretch period of time guarding the likes of Jrue the other night or Reggie last night was very painful to watch.

I like FVV but he has some limitations.

Comment

• Did Nurse and Casey even waved at each other after the game?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                  Did Nurse and Casey even waved at each other after the game?
                  The 1 finger salute
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    One more thing Nurse: FVV can not guard big athletic Point Guards.

Having a midget out there for a stretch period of time guarding the likes of Jrue the other night or Reggie last night was very painful to watch.

VV was getting beat off the dribble consistently last night specially in the 4th -- and it took Nurse forever to sub him out of the game. Smh.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      One more thing Nurse: FVV can not guard big athletic Point Guards.

This is the biggest problem. He has quite good defensively, but there's a point when there are guys that are just as fast but are half-a-foot taller than him. Like you mentioned, Jrue and Reggie took full advantage the past two games, respectively.

VanVleet doesn't look comfortable right now. He was so good at picking his spots last year, confident in his decision-making in certain situations -- right now, he's pressing; taking terrible drives to the rim, and shooting shots that are a pass or two away from being within the flow of the offence.

I also do not think Delon and Fred work well together anymore, considering Delon has been inconsistent from three. The extra initiator just doesn't make sense when there's a lack of an offensive option/shooting on the floor. This partly cause of guys missing shots, and partly the lineup utitlization.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Right, but there's no easy way to tell how much is guys slumping and how much is guys not getting the right shots.

Going into the season, the only guy considered a bad shooter in our projected rotation was Siakam and he's shooting a solid % by his standards (Powell can count but no one knew how much playing time he would get, and he was actually shooting well before getting injured). JV, Ibaka, OG, Kawhi, Green, Miles, Wright, Freddy and Lowry should all be capable shooters and nearly all of them are having some trouble. When you also see guys struggling to generally find a comfort zone, then yeah, it makes it harder to write off as slumping. We'll see how long it continues.

I agree when you say a lot of the guys not looking that comfortable with their shots overall. There are two exceptions to this though: Lowry & Green. They were rolling, shooting very well at beginning --> W's. Over the last 2 games, they struggled shooting (for whatever reason)--> L's

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but regardless of everyone's struggles, when they're on (along with Ibaka), we win. When they're not, we lose. Like you say, we'll have to see more games, but to me it's pretty close relationship between Lowry/Green shooting, and W/L's so far.
                        Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Nov 15, 2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• After the loss all I could think of was a Caseyism.Detroit came in and took our lunch money.They were more hungry than we were.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            I agree when you say a lot of the guys not looking that comfortable with their shots overall. There are two exceptions to this though: Lowry & Green. They were rolling, shooting very well at beginning --> W's. Over the last 2 games, they struggled shooting (for whatever reason)--> L's

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but regardless of everyone's struggles, when they're on (along with Ibaka), we win. When they're not, we lose. Like you say, we'll have to see more games, but to me it's pretty close relationship between Lowry/Green shooting, and W/L's so far.
                            Yes, but that is reinforcing my point, because everybody goes through ups and downs with shooting through a season. Even Curry has the odd bad night here and there, and he's the greatest shooter of all time. Our team really shouldn't be "oh we'll lose if Lowry and Green are cold". We should be way more resilient than that. Some of that we can maybe attribute to injuries, but yeah, it's hard not to be concerned 15 games in about whether it's more, and too many guys just don't look comfortable.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Nov 15, 2018, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Here's another thing:

Guess what?

When you start 12-1, and all of the league's media can't stop gushing about your organization - the other team's notice. And they start coming at you hard.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Here's another thing:

Guess what?

When you start 12-1, and all of the league's media can't stop gushing about your organization - the other team's notice. And they start coming at you hard.
                                I think this goes without saying. We didn't just start the season 12-1, we've been one of the top seeds in our conference for years. Teams have been coming at us hard for a while now. It's not new, including for the new guys who were with the Spurs for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X