Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #15 Toronto Raptors 104 (12-3) - Detroit Pistons 106 (7-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Lowry is struggling because everyone else is. His shooting is in a slump just like the entire team and he isn’t getting 10+ assists because others are missing open shots.
    Yep. Ebbs and flows... It's such a long season. Can't expect everyone to be playing like MVPs all the time.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I think others have pointed this out, but this team still (for now) goes as Lowry goes. He was playing like a man possessed at the start of the season and what many of us expected is now happening...he's coming back down to earth. No longer dominating the tempo of the game, no longer shooting as well etc.

And Kawhi isn't ready to step into Kyle's role.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I think others have pointed this out, but this team still (for now) goes as Lowry goes. He was playing like a man possessed at the start of the season and what many of us expected is now happening...he's coming back down to earth. No longer dominating the tempo of the game, no longer shooting as well etc.

And Kawhi isn't ready to step into Kyle's role.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    They had better win Friday or this board will eat itself lol

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    A few more losses and Nurse's alpha-ness is going to get tested.
    Lowry: "I respect him as a nurse"

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Lowry did that a lot with Casey too hed yap and do his best to not look at the board when a play was being drawn up. Lowry we know you want to be a coach but your not yet. Chill the fukout and pay attention

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yes, but that is reinforcing my point, because everybody goes through ups and downs with shooting through a season. Even Curry has the odd bad night here and there, and he's the greatest shooter of all time. Our team really shouldn't be "oh we'll lose if Lowry and Green are cold". We should be way more resilient than that. Some of that we can maybe attribute to injuries, but yeah, it's hard not to be concerned 15 games in about whether it's more, and too many guys just don't look comfortable.
    Of course; I'm not saying it's an ideal situation to have the overall effectiveness of the team based on how well 2 guys are shooting, but that's what's happening (that's the original point).

Ideally, like you say, you want other players to be able to pick it up when Lowry/Green are not on, but realistically you're not gonna get 10 guys firing at all cylinders at the same time right out of the gates. No team has done that. Everyone is working out their kinks right now. The difference is the Raps, unlike other teams, are doing that with:

--A new coach/entirely new coaching staff
    --New key players/starters
    --8 rotation players (Kawhi, Miles, Green, FVV, Delon, OG, Ibaka and Powell) all having been banged up/resting at various times. That alone will throw any team out of sync.

Despite all that, we lead the league (tied with GSW). So yeah, there will always be room for improvement and things to nitpick on, and things can always go south real quick, but personally, through 15 games, I thought we'd be a lot worse given all the above.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Oh god. This board.
    What? Were teams not already gunning for us for at least the last couple of years?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    I think this goes without saying. We didn't just start the season 12-1, we've been one of the top seeds in our conference for years. Teams have been coming at us hard for a while now. It's not new, including for the new guys who were with the Spurs for years.
    Oh god. This board.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Here's another thing:

Guess what?

When you start 12-1, and all of the league's media can't stop gushing about your organization - the other team's notice. And they start coming at you hard.
    I think this goes without saying. We didn't just start the season 12-1, we've been one of the top seeds in our conference for years. Teams have been coming at us hard for a while now. It's not new, including for the new guys who were with the Spurs for years.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Here's another thing:

Guess what?

When you start 12-1, and all of the league's media can't stop gushing about your organization - the other team's notice. And they start coming at you hard.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    I agree when you say a lot of the guys not looking that comfortable with their shots overall. There are two exceptions to this though: Lowry & Green. They were rolling, shooting very well at beginning --> W's. Over the last 2 games, they struggled shooting (for whatever reason)--> L's

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but regardless of everyone's struggles, when they're on (along with Ibaka), we win. When they're not, we lose. Like you say, we'll have to see more games, but to me it's pretty close relationship between Lowry/Green shooting, and W/L's so far.
    Yes, but that is reinforcing my point, because everybody goes through ups and downs with shooting through a season. Even Curry has the odd bad night here and there, and he's the greatest shooter of all time. Our team really shouldn't be "oh we'll lose if Lowry and Green are cold". We should be way more resilient than that. Some of that we can maybe attribute to injuries, but yeah, it's hard not to be concerned 15 games in about whether it's more, and too many guys just don't look comfortable.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Nov 15, 2018, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzz
    replied
    After the loss all I could think of was a Caseyism.Detroit came in and took our lunch money.They were more hungry than we were.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Right, but there's no easy way to tell how much is guys slumping and how much is guys not getting the right shots.

Going into the season, the only guy considered a bad shooter in our projected rotation was Siakam and he's shooting a solid % by his standards (Powell can count but no one knew how much playing time he would get, and he was actually shooting well before getting injured). JV, Ibaka, OG, Kawhi, Green, Miles, Wright, Freddy and Lowry should all be capable shooters and nearly all of them are having some trouble. When you also see guys struggling to generally find a comfort zone, then yeah, it makes it harder to write off as slumping. We'll see how long it continues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I agree when you say a lot of the guys not looking that comfortable with their shots overall. There are two exceptions to this though: Lowry & Green. They were rolling, shooting very well at beginning --> W's. Over the last 2 games, they struggled shooting (for whatever reason)--> L's

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but regardless of everyone's struggles, when they're on (along with Ibaka), we win. When they're not, we lose. Like you say, we'll have to see more games, but to me it's pretty close relationship between Lowry/Green shooting, and W/L's so far.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Thu Nov 15, 2018, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    One more thing Nurse: FVV can not guard big athletic Point Guards.

Having a midget out there for a stretch period of time guarding the likes of Jrue the other night or Reggie last night was very painful to watch.

I like FVV but he has some limitations.
    This is the biggest problem. He has quite good defensively, but there's a point when there are guys that are just as fast but are half-a-foot taller than him. Like you mentioned, Jrue and Reggie took full advantage the past two games, respectively.

VanVleet doesn't look comfortable right now. He was so good at picking his spots last year, confident in his decision-making in certain situations -- right now, he's pressing; taking terrible drives to the rim, and shooting shots that are a pass or two away from being within the flow of the offence.

I also do not think Delon and Fred work well together anymore, considering Delon has been inconsistent from three. The extra initiator just doesn't make sense when there's a lack of an offensive option/shooting on the floor. This partly cause of guys missing shots, and partly the lineup utitlization.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X