No announcement yet.

Game 18: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Tuesday, November 20th 7pm ET, SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game 18: Toronto Raptors @ Orlando Magic - Tuesday, November 20th 7pm ET, SN1

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Pretty much all our rotation wings are better than Porter. Who knows how he could flourish though in an actual NBA system.
    Porter is a really good player. I wouldn’t trade OG or Pascal for him, but he’s probably a better player than both of them right now. He’s not the playmaker that Pascal is, but he’s a real good tertiary ball handler who can space the floor (very well) and play lock-down defence. If and when he gets traded people will see. New Orleans should make a play for him if they can’t get in on Beal.

Comment

I feel like we missed out on Butler so hope we don't miss out on Wizards fire-sale
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        The CBA has made that tough. Teams that can sign top free agents need cap space. But in order to have cap space you usually suck unless you have a good collection of rookies and sophomores who make less than what they deserve.

So best way to get a star for most teams is via trade. Houston did that with Paul. OKC did that with George. We are trying with Kawhi.
        I get that but again, it's always seemed strange for the Raptors to be up against the cap (4th highest payroll in the leage, higher than GSW and Houston and Boston for instance) when we only had 2 stars in DeRozan and Lowry, no superstars but one being paid like it. A couple questionable contracts like Norm and arguably Ibaka (last year) and voila. btw, GSW have 5 guys eating up more than 80% of team salaries....the Celtic have 3 guys making big money and a lot of cheap salaries in first round picks and minimums making contributions.

Kyle is the only suspect contract right now (and how can you question his work this season, just the price of it) and Norm is the only "bad" contract going forward. Once again, I love Kyle but if he was making a moire reasonable 20M, we could have anohter solid contributor here which I really think would be a nice luxury going forward. This team is much less deep than many fans think.

OG and Pascal are steals right now and are under control for at least another year going forward.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
          Porter is a really good player. I wouldn’t trade OG or Pascal for him, but he’s probably a better player than both of them right now. He’s not the playmaker that Pascal is, but he’s a real good tertiary ball handler who can space the floor (very well) and play lock-down defence. If and when he gets traded people will see. New Orleans should make a play for him if they can’t get in on Beal.
          Yeah, Porter has all the physical tools and as Mixx was saying he's a good shooter...better than I thought...just don't know about his commitment to defending someone other than DeMar That's why I like Pascal and OG more right now. They are younger and have room to grow whereas Porter seems to have stagnated. Like I said he may hit new levels on a team that isn't so dysfunctional.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Yeah, Porter has all the physical tools and as Mixx was saying he's a good shooter...better than I thought...just don't know about his commitment to defending someone other than DeMar That's why I like Pascal and OG more right now. They are younger and have room to grow whereas Porter seems to have stagnated. Like I said he may hit new levels on a team that isn't so dysfunctional.
            Oh I'm not trading Pascal and OG for Porter. Nah my idea is to add Porter to our young core not replace it lol

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I feel like we missed out on Butler so hope we don't miss out on Wizards fire-sale
              Like always, the problem is who you gonna give up and how to make salaries work. We always say OG and Pascal are off limits. You'd need to move Lowry or trade Ibaka or JV++. I'd be OK with either Ibaka or JV plus Moose here if the deal was right.

I don't think we have what any team needs for an A asset but you never know with Masai.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Like always, the problem is who you gonna give up and how to make salaries work. We always say OG and Pascal are off limits. You'd need to move Lowry or trade Ibaka or JV++. I'd be OK with either Ibaka or JV plus Moose here if the deal was right.

I don't think we have what any team needs for an A asset but you never know with Masai.
                If we're trading for Beal I would be ok with letting go of OG.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  I get that but again, it's always seemed strange for the Raptors to be up against the cap (4th highest payroll in the leage, higher than GSW and Houston and Boston for instance) when we only had 2 stars in DeRozan and Lowry, no superstars but one being paid like it. A couple questionable contracts like Norm and arguably Ibaka (last year) and voila. btw, GSW have 5 guys eating up more than 80% of team salaries....the Celtic have 3 guys making big money and a lot of cheap salaries in first round picks and minimums making contributions.

Kyle is the only suspect contract right now (and how can you question his work this season, just the price of it) and Norm is the only "bad" contract going forward. Once again, I love Kyle but if he was making a moire reasonable 20M, we could have anohter solid contributor here which I really think would be a nice luxury going forward. This team is much less deep than many fans think.

OG and Pascal are steals right now and are under control for at least another year going forward.
                  The ebbs and flows of building a team. Draymond and Klay got their extensions before the big cap hike. DeMar got his during the big cap hike.. and Lowry and Ibaka the year after that.

It's all about timing more than anything.

Norm was a bad judgement call. But I think the plan was to resign and then trade. Like he did with Ross to get something better. Norm just turned into a stiff (and now he's injured). Add his contract with other role players like JV, Green, CJ, and Fred.. and you've got one of the highest payrolls in the NBA.

Good news is in 2 years, every contract except for Norm, OG and Pascal's contract is off the books if we want them to.

Comment

Comment

Yup.. that's the stat I'm most worried about. 3-4 sucks. Need to be much better.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Yup.. that's the stat I'm most worried about. 3-4 sucks. Need to be much better.
                        It's a little early to be looking at this at all. Talk to me about stuff like this in March.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          It's a little early to be looking at this at all. Talk to me about stuff like this in March.
                          Nobody's panicking.. but we really need to do better against good teams.

Orlando is a good test. They are above .500 and on that list. Hope we get to 4-4 by the end of tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There are currently 17 teams with winning records. Here are their records in the 75 games played between them. pic.twitter.com/x0NxtPGtU8

— John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) November 19, 2018
                                Memphis 5 times better than Golden State then confirmed

Comment

Working...
                                X