X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Some of us here praise Lowry, most of us praise green, all of us praise Kawhi and siakam.

It's time to start praising ibaka. The dude has been consistent, clutch, efficient and tough inside. Quietly the 2nd leading scorer on the team and its like everybody here is just waiting for the bottom to fall out on that
    Serge has been great early in the season. I have quibbles with his usage (ie who he plays with and how much), but he's been killing it and hitting everything.

People are waiting for the bottom to fall out (to some degree at least) because it's kind of unimaginable that he'll shoot 70% on long two's or 82% at the rim (8% above his career high) all year long.

But there have been good signs in other places as well - he does occasionally set a screen (and make contact with it!) now, which is nice. His rebounding on the offensive end has been very nice with him inside more, back up close to his early career numbers. His assist rate has climbed up from sub-JV abysmal to sub-JV acceptably poor. And his turnover rate has remained low in spite of a higher usage.

If he keeps all that stuff up, he'll remain much more valuable than he looked in the playoffs last year even if the shooting percentage drops off a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Need to start making threes. That's the main takeaway from this past week or so. Defence has been suspect at times but the shooting looks like it might be an issue.
    In the 12 and 1 run to open the season the raps were shooting 3s around 35%....

Since then they have been in the mid to high 20s...and have scuffled...

It’s a make or miss league

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I watched it, too. The GF was not overly impressed, ha. Watching every game from present day she begrudgingly abides. Watching one immediately afterwards from the previous millenium... not quite as supportive.

Part of our history y'all.

Fun fact: during that game the team was 14-4 when Carter scored more than 30 pts.
    We're 14-4 after tonight.

2018 Championship guaranteed.
    Wait, we won a championship with Carter?

We need our guys who can actually hit threes at a decent clip to hit threes. Too many guys who can't hit threes at a decent clip being told (allowed) to hoist up threes because it's the thing to do. Taking threes at a great rate is not something that gets dramatically better just by taking a ton of them .... or everybody would be a great 3 point shooter ....

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Fury wrote: View Post
    So he's good but not one of the best. That's just what i said.
    Fury, your a fool. Quit embarrassing yourself. Find another way to get attention.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    Need Kawhi to buy into the system.

Kawhi will you learn more sets?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Need to start making threes. That's the main takeaway from this past week or so. Defence has been suspect at times but the shooting looks like it might be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Brilliant play call by Nurse. He’s been shaky at times this year but that play to end the game had several great options. Our best player was wide open at the top of the arc! Great shot by Danny. Fantastic defence in the fourth quarter as well, even without OG off the bench to anchor the bench D. Serge had some REALLY timely buckets late. We just have to hope Serge can play like this in the spring.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Why are you doing this to yourself Keon?
    I watched it, too. The GF was not overly impressed, ha. Watching every game from present day she begrudgingly abides. Watching one immediately afterwards from the previous millenium... not quite as supportive.

Part of our history y'all.

Fun fact: during that game the team was 14-4 when Carter scored more than 30 pts.
    We're 14-4 after tonight.

2018 Championship guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/bd97nP0.mp4

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Theres a 1999-00 Raptors game on nba tv.. Vince Carter, the kid of McGrady and a truly awful roster. Nobody shoots 3s. Usually one guy standing outside the arc.. and I watched one guy absolutely whip the ball In frustration against the backboard, no tech. Game is soft now.

As of time of post vince has scored 16 straight points..no other raptor scored in 11 minutes and we are down 3 to a crappy magic team at home. Maybe he should pass it to mugsy bogues or hayward workman
    Why are you doing this to yourself Keon?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Theres a 1999-00 Raptors game on nba tv.. Vince Carter, the kid of McGrady and a truly awful roster. Nobody shoots 3s. Usually one guy standing outside the arc.. and I watched one guy absolutely whip the ball In frustration against the backboard, no tech. Game is soft now.

As of time of post vince has scored 16 straight points..no other raptor scored in 11 minutes and we are down 3 to a crappy magic team at home. Maybe he should pass it to mugsy bogues or hayward workman

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Danny said in the postgame interview with Leo, “I obviously wasn’t the first option....”

Leave a comment:

• sanyo
    replied
    Some of us here praise Lowry, most of us praise green, all of us praise Kawhi and siakam.

It's time to start praising ibaka. The dude has been consistent, clutch, efficient and tough inside. Quietly the 2nd leading scorer on the team and its like everybody here is just waiting for the bottom to fall out on that
    Already said in the last game thread he could potentially be a candidate for most improved of the year.

Great D... i miss his stretch where he was hitting virtually every shot -- was like 27 of 30 or something at one point? i miss those days (last week).

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    No trap games, only Scrap games.
    whew

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Ah, seemed like some here were suggesting he was the third option on the play-call.
    Danny said in the postgame interview with Leo, “I obviously wasn’t the first option....”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X