Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we say that if Green wasn't part of the Deal the deal would be looking bad right now ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    No. I had a love hate thing with derozan as a player. As a person i think hes super cool. But as a player he was anti-clutch. I remember about a year ago a rare game when he scored a last second game winner and the guy covering him said he made a big mistake leaving DD said DD will get that every time and they looked back and DD was 3/21 in the last 21 game winning shot chances. He fizzled in playoffs and was a big weak link defensively that would get exposed in the playoffs. Again nice guy but for that money this trade is amazing danny is a huge bonus. I miss Poetl more.

    Comment


    • #17
      Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Don't think that OP is suggesting that this would be a bad trade without Danny.

      But with Kawhi missing so many games (and still looking rusty), would we be having a harder time staying atop the standings if Danny wasn't around? I'd say the answer would be yes.
      It's hard to say, though. Without Green there would Wright have stepped up? Would Kawhi be sitting out as many games? Would Lowry be at the 2 more? Would FFV being with the starters more mean a better start? Would Miles have played better without Green pressing his minutes?

      In any case, Green has been fantastic and is a welcome addition to the team. He reminds me a lot of what Anthony Parker brought to the team early on except he's a better player playing with better players.

      Comment


      • #18
        guyroch wrote: View Post
        Could we say that if Green wasn't part of the Deal the deal would be looking bad right now . I am not saying we would be screaming bloody murder but we wouldn't be so ecstatic .
        Not really. Toronto has an awesome player in Kawhi, he's a bit rusty (he missed a whole year) but mean, he shows pretty amazing glimpses.

        And Derozan is doing in SA exactly what he did here, and guess what, they are falling fast.

        Comment


        • #19
          Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Not really. Toronto has an awesome player in Kawhi, he's a bit rusty (he missed a whole year) but mean, he shows pretty amazing glimpses.

          And Derozan is doing in SA exactly what he did here, and guess what, they are falling fast.
          Spurs have issues that go way beyond Derozan. And Demar actually isn't really playing like he did in Toronto. He's all over the glass, he's turned into a really good playmaker and he's actually defending much better than he did as a Raptor. But his lack of three point is still an issue and he doesn't have a guy like Lowry beside him who can control games - Aldridge, Gay and Derozan all are productive players but they all have trouble really impacting games consistently.

          Comment


          • #20
            Nothing has changed - this is the best team the Toronto Raptors have ever put on the floor and even if it only lasts one season, the trade was worth it.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • #21
              S.R. wrote: View Post
              Nothing has changed - this is the best team the Toronto Raptors have ever put on the floor and even if it only lasts one season, the trade was worth it.
              We should sticky to this post to the top something all year
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • #22
                How people forget. 2 reasons why they did this trade:

                1. Playoffs.
                2. Even if Kawhi leaves, we get Demar off the books for next season.

                Comment


                • #23
                  slaw wrote: View Post
                  It's hard to say, though. Without Green there would Wright have stepped up? Would Kawhi be sitting out as many games? Would Lowry be at the 2 more? Would FFV being with the starters more mean a better start? Would Miles have played better without Green pressing his minutes?

                  In any case, Green has been fantastic and is a welcome addition to the team. He reminds me a lot of what Anthony Parker brought to the team early on except he's a better player playing with better players.
                  Wright step up yes but that effects second unit and his injury history means we could not count on him for 82 games .. With Green here it help Wright cause he doesn't have to rush back from injury . Green seems like a guy everyone likes and that helps dressing room that lost DeRozan . Green in this trade I think makes this a slam dunk great trade ..

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have to say I like Danny green he is down to earth. He is our glue guy

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Could we say that if Green wasn't part of the Deal the deal would be looking bad right now . I am not saying we would be screaming bloody murder but we wouldn't be so ecstatic .
                      No. Getting Kawhi was landing a supermodel. Getting Danny was her making you breakfast in the morning.

                      Not giving up OG was not having to amputate your leg to make the above happen.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        I have to say I like Danny green he is down to earth. He is our glue guy
                        He is our glue guy and pretty good shooting guard.
                        By the way, in the 128–112 win over the Knicks, Green reached 1,000 3-pointers for his career.
                        Not all players can do that..

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I have to say I like Danny green he is down to earth. He is our glue guy
                          Thank heavens he was part of the deal. He is kinda like what Trevor Ariza was for Houston.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Great trade, hope we can afford to keep both Kawhi and Green at the end of the season...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If we had done the trade DanH and Barolt were suggesting we do leading up to it, which was something around DeMar+OG+1st for Kawhi and whatever contract works (not Green), it wouldn't look particularly great right now. We probably would be 3rd or 4th in the east and there would be a lot less optimism about Kawhi staying. Combine that with him missing games and people would be very upset about the trade.

                              The same trade without Green would have felt worse as well, but at least if Poeltl and not OG was going out you could accept it, since we wouldn't have dealt our highest value prospect (at the time, I think now it's Siakam) for 60-65 games of Kawhi (I think that's about how many he'll play this year).

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                ...We probably would be 3rd or 4th in the east and there would be a lot less optimism about Kawhi staying. Combine that with him missing games and people would be very upset about the trade...
                                Who would be the two or three teams ahead of a Kawhi led Toronto Raptors? Boston? Philadelphia? Washington?

                                You are seriously ignoring the jump from the negative impact of DD's defensive problems to the positive impact of Kawhi's defensive positive impact.

                                Basketball is a game of "next man up." Not taking anything away from Green, but if he wasn't here, OG would be filling his role and probably having a bigger impact on the team than he is now. Not having Green doesn't cost the Raptors 4 games in the win column.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X