Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 20: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Friday, November 23rd 7:30pm ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    They are all good players but Curry is a great player. He is vastly underrated it seems. When someone on here pointed that out a while back I kind of laughed thinking, who puts Curry below anyone other than Lebron? Then realized a lot of people do. It's still baffling to me how anyone can put Davis, Giannis, Durant (??) or Leonard above Curry. The guy is the best player on the greatest team since the 80s Lakers/Celtics. He's up there with Bird and Magic.
    Because Curry's their weakest link on defense, kind of like prime Dirk. I really hope KD leaves so we can see how the league would/will play Curry without another MVP threat on the floor. Rockets got close to eliminating GSW last year, and Curry's defense (which they attacked mercilessly) was one of the main reasons why.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      They are all good players but Curry is a great player. He is vastly underrated it seems. When someone on here pointed that out a while back I kind of laughed thinking, who puts Curry below anyone other than Lebron? Then realized a lot of people do. It's still baffling to me how anyone can put Davis, Giannis, Durant (??) or Leonard above Curry. The guy is the best player on the greatest team since the 80s Lakers/Celtics. He's up there with Bird and Magic.
      He's a great player, but I have a hard time imagining his greatness being fulfilled on most other teams. He needs very specific type of players around him to make him dangerous. You never see him being double teamed because you have to guard everyone on the floor, and in space he's bloody brilliant.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        He's a great player, but I have a hard time imagining his greatness being fulfilled on most other teams. He needs very specific type of players around him to make him dangerous. You never see him being double teamed because you have to guard everyone on the floor, and in space he's bloody brilliant.
        Curry is the evolution of Steve Nash. If Nash had the same cast of characters around him, he probably wins a few championships.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Because Curry's their weakest link on defense, kind of like prime Dirk. I really hope KD leaves so we can see how the league would/will play Curry without another MVP threat on the floor. Rockets got close to eliminating GSW last year, and Curry's defense (which they attacked mercilessly) was one of the main reasons why.
          Huh? Curry led them to a championship without KD. Led them to a 73 win season the year after.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

You realize they had curry without Durant? I'll give you the Coles notes version: they won a championship, then 73 games and curry one of the most dominant mvps of all time, then lost back to back titles in 7 games in the final minute to lebron with an injured curry and suspended Draymond.

They were dominant and incredible. Better than the Durant years.
            Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Nov 22, 2018, 01:57 PM.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Once the Warriors are fully healthy again, they'll dominate. But I'm so happy that this 4 game losing streak is happening... with a healthy KD & Klay Thomas.

Comment

Why do all the advanced metrics hate Klay Thompson? WS, RPM, BPM all rate him poorly.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

suspenders wrote: View Post
                  Once the Warriors are fully healthy again, they'll dominate. But I'm so happy that this 4 game losing streak is happening... with a healthy KD & Klay Thomas.
                  Klay thomas:

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Curry's defence is not that bad. Yes he's going to get attacked when the other guard on the floor is Klay, but his defence has developed and I'd take him on that end over Irving, Lillard, Kemba etc. He's def not a defensive liability on Dirk's level.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Klay thomas:

This is awesome

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Why do all the advanced metrics hate Klay Thompson? WS, RPM, BPM all rate him poorly.
                        He wasn't so bad in RPM last year. But for pure box score advanced stats the answer is that he doesn't rebound, pass, or produce defensive stats at a high rate. His real life impact is more pronounced because he plays great positional and team D rather than gambling for steals and blocks.

That said, he would have a lot of trouble carrying a team without the help of others because he can't create his own offense. He fits the modern NBA perfectly as a complementary piece but if he were to leave the Warriors I doubt he'd ever make another all-star game.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Curry's defence is not that bad. Yes he's going to get attacked when the other guard on the floor is Klay, but his defence has developed and I'd take him on that end over Irving, Lillard, Kemba etc. He's def not a defensive liability on Dirk's level.
                          Hes also the best regular season offensive player in the league. Put anyone around him, his impact numbers are absurd.

Comment

Basketball is not: you play offense, then you play defense - and it's some sort of 50-50 evaluation. Curry is an absolutely dominant offensive player. He distorts the game, changes your defense, makes most of your adjustments moot (cause he can score from anywhere) and he's an elite playmaker. The Warriors are an entire different team when he is on the floor.

And, we have seen the Warriors without Durant. They won a championship and would have won 2 if not for Lebron going GOAT 3 years ago. There is no question that they are better team with both Durant and Curry but it's the latter that makes them an all-time great team.

Comment

Haberstroh makes a pretty compelling case that Draymond was right - Durant could leave and the Warriors would still win. But they can also win without Green ...oh and Klay too.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...breaking-point
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I also agree that Curry is insane.

*thumbs up*

Comment

Working...
                                X