Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 20: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors - Friday, November 23rd 7:30pm ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Beal was available do we take a shot? Would mean moving Green to the bench most likely and he's been great with Kyle. So not sure that would help or make things worse (I recognize that Beal is a much better talent over all.. but chemistry/fit is important). Beal has 2 years after this one.. so if Kawhi walks we can roll out Lowry/Beal and try to just see what they do. So we don't tank and just keep trucking along.

If Kawhi stays we have a legit trio to try and make a run against the East and the Warriors for the next little while (at least until Lowry's prime is over). Might even be easier to keep Kawhi around.

I doubt the Wizards will move him. Only 25 years old.. easily their best player.. and is a perfect for today's NBA (3&D). But if they can't move Wall (due to his trade kicker) and are desperate for change, maybe they will??

We'd have to probably give up one of OG or Siakam since we won't have an all-star to trade (like we did in the Kawhi deal).

My best offer would be:

JV+OG+Norm or CJ (their choice) for Beal and Howard (Howard can't be traded until Dec 15).

We don't have a FRP to offer really (although the 2021 pick becomes a little easier to sell if we have Beal on board). If I had to pick between Siakam and OG I go OG. Especially since we're so thin at the 4. Howard is a chemistry killer but he'd be playing the JV role (set picks, grab boards, score as efficiently as possible). With Lowry/Kawhi around the chemistry may not be impacted to badly.

Wiz get one of our best prospects in OG. One of our best locker room guys in JV (something they desperately need) and a choice between Norm and CJ. For salary matching purposes more than anything. Norm gives them youth (and a change of scenery). CJ gives them shooting to replace Beal (although he's struggling of course).

Beal is a gunner. He can help manufacture points when we need them just as well as Kawhi can. Usage shouldn't be an issue since he's usually the recipient of drive and kicks anyway.

Lots of teams could probably beat that package. If the Wiz do try to move Beal they'd probably prefer to have him out West. He's only making $25M so his contract is easily moveable. If Wiz are looking to tank than our offer would suck compared to others. But if they want to try to keep winning maybe this deal would be palatable?

I was on the Jimmy bandwagon so shuffling over to Beal is easy for me. I'd say Beal is more tempting since his contract is so much better and he's locked up for another two years after this one. Jimmy can be a locker room diva. Beal might be too (I mean the Wiz are trashy) . But I'd say Beal is probably less of a drama queen than Jimmy is.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      If Beal was available do we take a shot? Would mean moving Green to the bench most likely and he's been great with Kyle. So not sure that would help or make things worse (I recognize that Beal is a much better talent over all.. but chemistry/fit is important). Beal has 2 years after this one.. so if Kawhi walks we can roll out Lowry/Beal and try to just see what they do. So we don't tank and just keep trucking along.

If Kawhi stays we have a legit trio to try and make a run against the East and the Warriors for the next little while (at least until Lowry's prime is over). Might even be easier to keep Kawhi around.

I doubt the Wizards will move him. Only 25 years old.. easily their best player.. and is a perfect for today's NBA (3&D). But if they can't move Wall (due to his trade kicker) and are desperate for change, maybe they will??

We'd have to probably give up one of OG or Siakam since we won't have an all-star to trade (like we did in the Kawhi deal).

My best offer would be:

JV+OG+Norm or CJ (their choice) for Beal and Howard (Howard can't be traded until Dec 15).

We don't have a FRP to offer really (although the 2021 pick becomes a little easier to sell if we have Beal on board). If I had to pick between Siakam and OG I go OG. Especially since we're so thin at the 4. Howard is a chemistry killer but he'd be playing the JV role (set picks, grab boards, score as efficiently as possible). With Lowry/Kawhi around the chemistry may not be impacted to badly.

Wiz get one of our best prospects in OG. One of our best locker room guys in JV (something they desperately need) and a choice between Norm and CJ. For salary matching purposes more than anything. Norm gives them youth (and a change of scenery). CJ gives them shooting to replace Beal (although he's struggling of course).

Beal is a gunner. He can help manufacture points when we need them just as well as Kawhi can. Usage shouldn't be an issue since he's usually the recipient of drive and kicks anyway.

Lots of teams could probably beat that package. If the Wiz do try to move Beal they'd probably prefer to have him out West. He's only making $25M so his contract is easily moveable. If Wiz are looking to tank than our offer would suck compared to others. But if they want to try to keep winning maybe this deal would be palatable?

I was on the Jimmy bandwagon so shuffling over to Beal is easy for me. I'd say Beal is more tempting since his contract is so much better and he's locked up for another two years after this one. Jimmy can be a locker room diva. Beal might be too (I mean the Wiz are trashy) . But I'd say Beal is probably less of a drama queen than Jimmy is.
      We should absolutely go after Beal, but the odds of him actually being available are slim to nil given what's been coming out of the Wizards FO.

I don't want any part of Dwight Howard in this locker room. He's said all the right things this year but the guy has blown up so many teams I think this is a fairly accurate cartoon:
      https://mobile.twitter.com/Aaron_DMV...262853/photo/1

Comment

• I'm all for going after Beal. But I cannot support acquiring Dwight Howard in the process. Unless we buy him out/waive him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          I'm all for going after Beal. But I cannot support acquiring Dwight Howard in the process. Unless we buy him out/waive him.
          Sounds like Dwight got a baby mama problem

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Nov 24, 2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Sounds like Dwight got a baby mama problem

Comment

• Lingering soreness from his buttocks? Touché.

Comment

Working...
              X