Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 22: Toronto Raptors at Memphis Grizzlies - Tuesday November 27th 8pm ET SN1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    NBA has become a game, where 25 point comebacks in 5 minutes have become the new normal
    If you are a fan of a treadmill team or bad team, you will love it cause every game has a chance for an upset. As a fan of an elite team (Raptors!) It frustrates the hell out of you cause if you are cold from 3 that night & the other team isn't than they have a good chance for the upset.

    Comment


    • #47
      Hotshot wrote: View Post
      If you are a fan of a treadmill team or bad team, you will love it cause every game has a chance for an upset. As a fan of an elite team (Raptors!) It frustrates the hell out of you cause if you are cold from 3 that night & the other team isn't than they have a good chance for the upset.
      One more reason a longer playoff series is better than single game elimination. The better team comes out on top.

      Comment


      • #48
        G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Charlotte handing it to the Bucks tonight but the Celtics taking it to New Orleans
        Bucks got beat. Celtics won though.
        Game Day!

        It's a funny game now and expectations are crazy where in the nect 20 games against better competition, the Raps could go 12-8 (.600) and it would be a huge disappointment. Imagine 8 losses! Some fans here would be standing on the ledge demanding Nurse be fired or they'll jump

        For some that's after EVERY loss .....
        Last edited by G__Deane; Tue Nov 27, 2018, 09:03 AM.

        Comment


        • #49
          G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Bucks got beat. Celtics won though.
          Game Day!

          It's a funny game now and expectations are crazy where in the nect 20 games against better competition, the Raps could go 12-8 (.600) and it would be a huge disappointment. Imagine 8 losses! Some fans here would be standing on the ledge demanding Nurse be fired or they'll jump

          For some that's after EVERY loss .....
          A short time ago, I made what I thought was an obvious joke about not being able to find the "Fire Nurse" thread. At the time, I almost couldn't believe someone actually took me seriously and responded.

          But after reading some recent comments, I can see why it wasn't taken as a joke, and that thread may not be very far off. And those comments were from games the Raptors won.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

          Comment


          • #50
            3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            A short time ago, I made what I thought was an obvious joke about not being able to find the "Fire Nurse" thread. At the time, I almost couldn't believe someone actually took me seriously and responded.

            But after reading some recent comments, I can see why it wasn't taken as a joke, and that thread may not be very far off. And those comments were from games the Raptors won.
            Exactly what i mean. Wait for the comments after the FIRST loss. Can you imagine what 5-6-7-8 losses in 20 sounds like here? And at least one of them will be against a horrible team. You know, the ones that have recently beaten GSW, Celtics and NO....

            Comment


            • #51
              Scraptor wrote: View Post
              One more reason a longer playoff series is better than single game elimination. The better team comes out on top.
              Unless you’re the Wizards, apparently they were the better team...

              Comment


              • #52
                “I think I’m more confident and have a better rhythm, just because of the flow of the game and the system we have here and the pace we play at,” Green said after a rare 0-for-4 outing on Sunday against Miami. “It helps me keep in a flow and it helps that the coaches and the team are constantly behind me, encouraging me too.”

                Haha, take that coach Popovitch!

                Comment


                • #53
                  G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  “I think I’m more confident and have a better rhythm, just because of the flow of the game and the system we have here and the pace we play at,” Green said after a rare 0-for-4 outing on Sunday against Miami. “It helps me keep in a flow and it helps that the coaches and the team are constantly behind me, encouraging me too.”

                  Haha, take that coach Popovitch!
                  "Pop was a great Coach, but he wasn't much of a Leader", would have been the best line ever. Lol

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    MixxAOR wrote: View Post



                    King Snake!!
                    He's still a little bitch. It's crazy they need 47 from Durant to beat the Magic.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Joey wrote: View Post
                      "Pop was a great Coach, but he wasn't much of a Leader", would have been the best line ever. Lol
                      Pop starting to show his age. The last days of the empire are never pretty. Give Messina his shot.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        golden wrote: View Post
                        Pop starting to show his age. The last days of the empire are never pretty. Give Messina his shot.
                        I think it's fair to question how much Pop carried that team vs how much he was carried by Robinson, Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginolbli....and Kawhi

                        He's still a coaching savant but the bloom is off the rose without elite talent. Great article on his life philosophy here. I think I'd hate him as a Dad but would like his to be one of my best friends fathers lol. Would be a cool guy to share a regular beer with ....

                        http://time.com/5125421/gregg-popovi...spurs-success/

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          golden wrote: View Post
                          Pop starting to show his age. The last days of the empire are never pretty. Give Messina his shot.
                          G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          I think it's fair to question how much Pop carried that team vs how much he was carried by Robinson, Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginolbli....and Kawhi

                          He's still a coaching savant but the bloom is off the rose without elite talent. Great article on his life philosophy here. I think I'd hate him as a Dad but would like his to be one of my best friends fathers lol. Would be a cool guy to share a regular beer with ....

                          http://time.com/5125421/gregg-popovi...spurs-success/
                          Great players usually make for great coaches....
                          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                          Comment


                          • #58

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              golden wrote: View Post
                              Pop starting to show his age. The last days of the empire are never pretty. Give Messina his shot.
                              G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              I think it's fair to question how much Pop carried that team vs how much he was carried by Robinson, Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginolbli....and Kawhi

                              He's still a coaching savant but the bloom is off the rose without elite talent. Great article on his life philosophy here. I think I'd hate him as a Dad but would like his to be one of my best friends fathers lol. Would be a cool guy to share a regular beer with ....

                              http://time.com/5125421/gregg-popovi...spurs-success/
                              Come on you guys, Pop won 47 games last year with Patty Mills, Kyle Anderson, and a 37 year old Pau Gasol as the 2/3/4 players in minutes played after LaMarcus Aldridge last year. This year they have no true PG, Aldridge has been mostly bad or worse, and post-Achilles injury Gay has missed time with heel soreness, and they're still afloat and beat LeBron's Lakers twice. It's a talent issue not a coaching issue.

                              The championship he won with young Kawhi and the old Spurs over prime LeBron + Wade/Bosh, in 5 games no less, solidified him as the GOAT coach in my eyes. If they want to give Messina a shot they might as well just fold up the tent and start from scratch. By the time Murray gets back LMA will be another year older and they will likely still be so thin on talent. But I could still see them grabbing a guy like Jeremy Lin and trying to make a little noise this year, then maybe Pop retires this summer or the following.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Zainab wrote: View Post

                                Don't be trying to soften us up with compliments.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X