Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 23: Golden State Warriors (15-8) 128 - Toronto Raptors 131 (19-4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    For once...the twin spider man meme does not apply. Unless you are referring to earlier versions of the Warriors. We look like what the Warriors once were...but now they are a midrange team. Weird to see

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      That's a thing of beauty

Anyone else love that Toronto's heat map makes a smiley face?
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

"The U.S. sports broadcasting giant will harness the full power of its empire to spotlight the Raptors on Wednesday, featuring the Canadian franchise in its so-called “All-Access” initiative. The team will be on the radio, on television and online from sunrise to beyond sunset, across the U.S.

Raptors coach Nick Nurse will be a guest on ESPN Radio’s national morning drive radio show — Golic & Wingo — before 8 a.m. Serge Ibaka will be on Instagram all day. Kyle Lowry will be interviewed as he warms up on the court just before the team hosts the Philadelphia 76ers that night.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to just showcase the team, the franchise,” said Gross. “Everybody in this building loves doing games in Toronto. There’s not a person here who doesn’t speak glowingly of the city of Toronto, and the crowd and the atmosphere and the arena and the accommodations.”

He said ESPN would be sending close to 100 employees to the city."
        A bit more

“I would just say, ‘listen, we’ve got to be better — and we can be better — when it comes to covering the Raptors,’” he said. “Hopefully, we have. But I think next Wednesday is probably another step in the right direction.”

Analyst Doris Burke will be in Toronto for the game, working with Mike Breen and Tom Rinaldi. The network will be in town on Tuesday, before the game, working on an all-access story from practice, as players wear microphones and cameras venture into the training and weight rooms.

Reporter Rachel Nichols will sit down with Raptors president Masai Ujiri. Cameras will sit in on the pregame coaches’ meeting, and robotic cameras will be set up in the home team’s locker room before the game.

Burke will interview Nurse, and she will also appear on Pardon the Interruption. Raptors 905 will play the Iowa Wolves on ESPNU. Highlights of the Raptors game will be shown on SportsCenter.

“It’s all day,” sad Gross. “All shows, all platforms.”
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Act like you've been there before.....

golden wrote: View Post
          1 of 82. This ain't our Super Bowl.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            By that logic we're not contenders anyways because we already lost to Celtics

A.I wrote: View Post
            This logic is ridiculous lol. I guess the 72-10 Bulls weren’t championship caliber because they lost to the 21-61 Raptors. Oh wait...

Teams go through highs and lows in an 82 game season. The worst team in the league could beat the best team in the league. A game in November indicates nothing as to how the Playoffs will go.
            No, dear friends. This isn't just any random opponent. This is a preview of the NBA Finals.

If the Raptors can't beat the Warriors without Steph and Dey Dey, then they certainly cannot beat em when healthy and in a 7 game series.

Anyways, enough of this. Let's go Raptors!

<3 [emoji106][emoji111][emoji173]
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
              There are only 2 players that are better than Kawhi in the NBA: LeBron and Curry.
              I love how much you love Kawhi lol. 2016 Kawhi for sure but do you still think this years Kawhi so far is third best?
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                I'm scared. Every time the national attention builds on this team in a positive direction, they lose games.
                Right! I have faith this time will be different but man is that true of the past. I almost like that we're always underdogs because anytime we start getting the recognition we deserve we fuck it up
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                  No, dear friends. This isn't just any random opponent. This is a preview of the NBA Finals.

If the Raptors can't beat the Warriors without Steph and Dey Dey, then they certainly cannot beat em when healthy and in a 7 game series.

Let's win Eastern Conference first lol
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    I love how much you love Kawhi lol. 2016 Kawhi for sure but do you still think this years Kawhi so far is third best?
                    Nah. It's Lebron, Curry & Giannis as the top 3. Kawhi is in the next tier of guys including Durant, Harden, Davis, Embiid and even Lowry. Once he gets his 3-pt shot back and starts passing better, then he'll be in the top 3. So far he's been like a DeRozan who plays elite defense, which still pretty damn good.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Nah. It's Lebron, Curry & Giannis as the top 3. Kawhi is in the next tier of guys including Durant, Harden, Davis, Embiid and even Lowry. Once he gets his 3-pt shot back and starts passing better, then he'll be in the top 3. So far he's been like a DeRozan who plays elite defense, which still pretty damn good.
                      How you gonna put Giannis above nba champions and league mvps? Maybe win a playoff round
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Championship caliber teams don't go undefeated during regular season. This is ridiculous
                        Remember when the Raptors beat the 72-10 Bulls?
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post

Won't matter then, Warriors won't get out of the West because they couldn't beat Denver on October 21st with a full roster, so that means they have no chance of beating them on a 7 game series to win the West; It's Denver we have to worry about!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            How you gonna put Giannis above nba champions and league mvps? Maybe win a playoff round
                            Giannis has been great this year. Curry is great but has missed almost half the games so far. Lebron is on a middling team and taking defensive possessions off with increasing regularly. It's a good debate at this point, actually.

Kawhi's not leaned on like those 3 guys though. He's still a bit rusty and it's amazing having this much talent around him that allows him to ease back into it while still maintaining FIRST PLACE IN THE WHOLE FREAKING NBA. (Looking at you Gordon Hayward and the Boston Celtics. Cry me a river.)
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

For once...the twin spider man meme does not apply. Unless you are referring to earlier versions of the Warriors. We look like what the Warriors once were...but now they are a midrange team. Weird to see
                              Yeah I didn't read the text, the pictures looked close enough for me lol

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                Yes. He still the same player.

LeBron
                                Curry
                                Kawhi

That my top 3 since 2015.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X