Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #24: Toronto Raptors 106 (20-4) - Cleveland Cavaliers 95 (4-18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #24: Toronto Raptors 106 (20-4) - Cleveland Cavaliers 95 (4-18)

PROJECTED STARTERS

AT

------

NOTES:
    • Sept 27th 2018 - Tristan Thompson: "We’re still 4-time Eastern Conference champions, so until you take us down from that, teams ain’t got much to say. Boston, Philly, they ain’t got much to say. Boston had homecourt Game 7 and lost. Philly, you guys almost got swept. Toronto - we know that story"
    • The Toronto Raptors have the best record in the NBA and the Cavs have the 2nd worst. The Raptors have 4(!) more wins than any other team in the NBA, and the Cavs are tied for the fewest.
    • Not sure if JV will start this one to match up for rebounding purposes.
    • The Cavs are one of the biggest chucking teams I've ever seen with Sexton, Hood, Clarkson and now Burks joining the fold
    • George Hill is probably questionable for this one with a shoulder issue but doesn't really make much of a difference
    Last edited by Scraptor; Fri Nov 30, 2018, 07:25 PM.

Beatdown, smackdown, garbage time, clobbering time, step on their throats and never take your foot off the gas ....
    Moose sighting, get Lowry to sit the 4th Q ....

Go Raps!

Comment

To carry on the discussion from the last game thread (does anyone look at any of the others?) about good vs mediocre 3 point shooters. If you do the math the difference over 30 shots between a 30% shooter and a 40% shooter is 3 shots; 9points. This I believe is why a lot of teams have bought into the "volume shooting" concept. The league average will probably end up being mid way between at 35%. Hopefully we have a few guys (Kyle, Kawhi, FVV, Danny) who will be above average based on past performance, some around average (Delon, OG, JV!) and others below but still taking some. Not sure where to slot in CJ at this point....though he may not be getting much court time. I'm sure in the key moments Nurse would rather one of the top group take the shot but I agree that the defence might dictate that and other guys will have to win or lose it for you sometimes. I don't think any coach can draw up a play guaranteed to get your best shooter open in a crucial moment. Kyle passing up that 3 in the closing minutes was probably the worst moment of the game. He or any other midlevel 3 point shooter needs to take that. I'm hoping it will help him in the future.

Comment

Keep it going, Scrap!
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Would never happen but this is how I'd go:

FVV/Brown
          Wright/Loyd
          CJ
          OG/Richardson
          Monroe/Boucher

They'd still beat the Cavs. Rest everyone else (at home), come out gunning on Monday for Denver.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Keep it going, Scrap!
            OG is our king

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Poor Demar...
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Poor Demar...
                  Poor jakob
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

If no one watching net vs grizz tune in. Grizz down 7 with 30 sec to go JJJ gets a 4 pt play nets turnover JJJ hits another 3 OT now

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      Would never happen but this is how I'd go:

FVV/Brown
                      Wright/Loyd
                      CJ
                      OG/Richardson
                      Monroe/Boucher

They'd still beat the Cavs. Rest everyone else (at home), come out gunning on Monday for Denver.
                      Sounds like a good way to gain an unexpected loss.
                      I'm all for managing minutes (especially for Kyle. Kawhi and Serge) but every win needs to be managed as a win.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        If no one watching net vs grizz tune in. Grizz down 7 with 30 sec to go JJJ gets a 4 pt play nets turnover JJJ hits another 3 OT now
                        I think he’s earned the triple J nickname. Glad for the grizz. Did a mini tank due to injuries, got their guy and now can keep going. I think that’s another Boston draft pick losing its value.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          I think he’s earned the triple J nickname. Glad for the grizz. Did a mini tank due to injuries, got their guy and now can keep going. I think that’s another Boston draft pick losing its value.
                          He fits great next to gasol to

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            36 and 8 and a team high plus 13. Wish I took him in my fantasy pool!

Comment

Boston spanked Cleveland 128-95, we're next up for the Cavs.
                              76ers did the same to Washington 123-98

Comment

Working...
                              X