Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #25: Denver Nuggets 106 (16-7) - Toronto Raptors 103 (20-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch, lowry was heaping praise on kawhi post game a few nights ago

Comment

• At some point we need to look to get some fire power off the bench. Jeremy Lin comes to mind. Can create offense for himself and good off the PnR. He also shoots 40% from 3. Defense is average.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Mitch, lowry was heaping praise on kawhi post game a few nights ago
        Glad to hear it....thanks.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Just finished the game. Couldn't buy a bucket, couldn't make a pass, and probably the worst officiating I've seen all year against a really good team with jokic playing out of his mind..and we lost on the final possession.

We're still really really good and I expect to take the frustration out on philly
          I actually don't like the matchup with Philly.

We have no one who can handle Embiid (few teams do). Jimmy Butler is our archnemesis. And Simmons is a very good defender and will be a lot to deal with in terms of his size/speed combo.

We are going to need better play from Kyle and a better overall level of intensity and execution.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
            This Drake nonsense is about the only thing I really dislike about the Raptors. It will be even more embarrassing in a few years when he's no longer popular. Rappers don't tend to go on forever like a Sinatra. Like if the Warriors had embraced MC Hammer 20 years ago.
            It really is the stupidest thing about the team. I don't mind him having courtside seats and having good access but the locker room is for the team. He's just an unnecessary distraction.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              It really is the stupidest thing about the team. I don't mind him having courtside seats and having good access but the locker room is for the team. He's just an unnecessary distraction.
              A lot of folks around here don't understand how marketing works. The Raptors association with Drake is worth 10's of millions in free advertising, at least.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                Vacant? wtf?

puke

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I actually don't like the matchup with Philly.

We have no one who can handle Embiid (few teams do). Jimmy Butler is our archnemesis. And Simmons is a very good defender and will be a lot to deal with in terms of his size/speed combo.

We are going to need better play from Kyle and a better overall level of intensity and execution.
                  Like I said, this could easily turn into a mini losing streak or 8 out of 20 losses. Fans go all negative INTRA-GAME when they are losing in an eventual win and want to fire/trade/sit everyone. Wait til they lose 2-3 in a row

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                    Vacant? wtf?

I'd rather give that locker to Michelle Carter.

Comment

• Being a good team your only losses come from other good teams. Which doesnt inspire confidence for playoffs lol but it is what it is.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Being a good team your only losses come from other good teams. Which doesnt inspire confidence for playoffs lol but it is what it is.
                        We're 10-5 against 500+ teams. MIL is 10-4, PHI is 11-5, basically identical to our record. DEN is 11-4. No one else in the league has a comparable record against .500+ teams.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This was a good loss, as far as losses go. Lots went wrong, were still in it. Good fight late.

Funny that on the night where they finally sorted out the bench unit's biggest issue (lots of Wright on the ball, a good bit of Siakam with the bench), they still had large stretches of FVV dribbling away possessions and that might have been the difference. Hopefully a positive sign of things to come, but frustrating when they were so close to perfect bench execution that FVV still stood out like a sore thumb for stretches and in a game that comes down to the last shot that feels like a missed opportunity.

Jokic is a very tough matchup for the Raps. I really thought they could have tried more of the JV-Serge combo, without the silly decision to have JV check Jokic - put him on Millsap and you can shore up your rebounding without putting a weaker defender on Jokic. They did that when Jokic was up against the bench (JV on Plumlee) but OG can't guard Jokic to save his life, so it was a disaster. Funny to see them try it when it obviously wouldn't work and not try it when it should. Or maybe try Siakam and give him the Jokic assignment. Just a tough matchup...
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jokic is a walking mismatch for most teams. He is tall and bulky enough to back down smaller players on him and he can put the ball on the floor, shoot and pass well enough to get by the slower and bigger Centers.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              We're 10-5 against 500+ teams. MIL is 10-4, PHI is 11-5, basically identical to our record. DEN is 11-4. No one else in the league has a comparable record against .500+ teams.
                              Is there an easy way to pull up stats like ORTG or DRTG against only teams 500+? I recall last year the one stat that rubbed me the wrong way was our DRTG against teams above 500. I believe we were 29th or 30th in the league.. and it showed in the playoffs.

So far this year.. at least from my eye test.. I think we've done fairly well. At worst an average team possibly.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Jokic is a walking mismatch for most teams. He is tall and bulky enough to back down smaller players on him and he can put the ball on the floor, shoot and pass well enough to get by the slower and bigger Centers.
                                What's interesting is that we talk about how slow centers are getting torched on D in the 'modern' NBA, but Denver has been a top 5 defense all year. And Jokic plays crunch time. Need to understand what they are doing on D. Murray isn't exactly a good defender either, so there's that too.

Comment

Working...
                                X