X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    None of those folks were appointed by the team, though.

Drake's relationship with the Raptors is much more active/involved by design.
    Good point

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    This wasn't exactly Watergate level reporting here. They have hundreds of media people in and out of that locker room all the time. Twitter would have spotted it eventually.

The real point is that here we are, emotionally invested in something totally irrelevant, but still Raptors related. Any publicity is good publicity. Tim Leweike is grinning his ass off right now.
    You think Leweike cares what RR talks about
    When Rogers/SportsNet/TSN and the Star/Globe online cover this molehill made into a mountain, he might crack a toothy capitalist grin ....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Beyond the ridiculous courtside antics, this is embarrassing. At least he appears to have stopped being drunk at every game and the broadcast team has refrained from having him interviewed courtside every game.

The running on the court and fraternizing with the enemy has gotten really really old too. I just wish he'd go away unkess he can lure Durant or Davis or Giannis here.... THEN go away.
    That the thig we always think drakes gonna attract some big name but he hasnt. The most notable thing he has done was getting fined when he brought KD up on stage and asked him to come to TO the last free agency he had. Once and if hes able to lure a big name then. Dont mind but until then stop talking shit to good player and firing them up.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    This has nothing to do with his music. It's the courtside behaviour and camera/attention seeking, pandered to by Jack and Matt and the broadcast crew.

At least with Jack Nicholson or Mark Wahlburg or Jay Z or Beyonce or Billy Crystal, they just show the cameo at the game and don't feel the need to flash to them at every break. They also don't run on the floor or have a locker in the home dressing room. Spike Lee was also annoying for awhile but I don't watch Knicks games so who knows
    None of those folks were appointed by the team, though.

Drake's relationship with the Raptors is much more active/involved by design.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Is this really a topic that needs its own thread?! What are we RealGm?! Drake is a popular personality among players & I am sure he is in the top 3 mentions when you try to convince players to come and play for the Raps " yeah it a winning team/culture, city is big/fun and also Drake is part of the team so you can chill with him and be invited to some parties"

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    damn it's really that serious?
    lol. I didn't think this thread would get to 10 posts, but it's gonna go at least 4 pages. Lmao.

People, in the big picture Drake is nothing but goodness for the franchise. All of Toronto, in fact. There was one marketing company that estimated Drake's value to be worth at least a few hundred million in free advertising for the City of Toronto. Hundreds of millions. Absorb that.

If the Raps had 3 or 4 global megastars courtside, the TV cameras would be panning to them during games, but we don't. Drake is it. And we should be thankful. And this comes from somebody that hates his music.
    Last edited by golden; Tue Dec 4, 2018, 03:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The worst here are the words "The Boy" up in the locker (that used to be Demar's). Just weird.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    The worst here are the words "The Boy" up in the locker (that used to be Demar's). Just weird.
    The boy is the creepiest part lol

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    damn it's really that serious?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Drake had a good run you guys really hate all his music?
    This has nothing to do with his music. It's the courtside behaviour and camera/attention seeking, pandered to by Jack and Matt and the broadcast crew.

At least with Jack Nicholson or Mark Wahlburg or Jay Z or Beyonce or Billy Crystal, they just show the cameo at the game and don't feel the need to flash to them at every break. They also don't run on the floor or have a locker in the home dressing room. Spike Lee was also annoying for awhile but I don't watch Knicks games so who knows

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    I just read that Drake now has DeRozan's old locker . When is to much Drake ???
    Beyond the ridiculous courtside antics, this is embarrassing. At least he appears to have stopped being drunk at every game and the broadcast team has refrained from having him interviewed courtside every game.

The running on the court and fraternizing with the enemy has gotten really really old too. I just wish he'd go away unkess he can lure Durant or Davis or Giannis here.... THEN go away.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    This is lewenberg stirring shit up. First he’s tweeting about Laurence frank being at the game for Kawhi then posting this about drake.
    Steve Simmons-esque.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I suspect this is just for the All Access event and nothing more. In a week that locker will be cleared again and will eventually be used by someone that's not on the team right now.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Time for everyone to step back from the ledge...tho i guess that's not what the internet is for. The guy is Canadian. He's been around a while and still managed to be the top artist of the year this year (in some stats put out today). Somebody mentioned it elsewhere but he brings tons of publicity and money to the team..and though it's debatable, maybe even credibility in some circles. How many images can you think of for the Knicks before you picture Spike Lee? Please don't debate the merits of Lee v Drake or attendance records. It's just a synergy that works. Besides, there are probably some other clouds at which to yell.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X