DRAKE now has a Locker in the Raptors Dressing Room .. WTF or not really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    This wasn't exactly Watergate level reporting here. They have hundreds of media people in and out of that locker room all the time. Twitter would have spotted it eventually.

The real point is that here we are, emotionally invested in something totally irrelevant, but still Raptors related. Any publicity is good publicity. Tim Leweike is grinning his ass off right now.
    You think Leweike cares what RR talks about
    When Rogers/SportsNet/TSN and the Star/Globe online cover this molehill made into a mountain, he might crack a toothy capitalist grin ....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      None of those folks were appointed by the team, though.

Drake's relationship with the Raptors is much more active/involved by design.
      Good point

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        That the thig we always think drakes gonna attract some big name but he hasnt. The most notable thing he has done was getting fined when he brought KD up on stage and asked him to come to TO the last free agency he had. Once and if hes able to lure a big name then. Dont mind but until then stop talking shit to good player and firing them up.
        Absolutely agreed. He's so used to being the show that he doesn't know he's not the show to fans that really would sooner watch the show.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          This has nothing to do with his music. It's the courtside behaviour and camera/attention seeking, pandered to by Jack and Matt and the broadcast crew.

At least with Jack Nicholson or Mark Wahlburg or Jay Z or Beyonce or Billy Crystal, they just show the cameo at the game and don't feel the need to flash to them at every break. They also don't run on the floor or have a locker in the home dressing room. Spike Lee was also annoying for awhile but I don't watch Knicks games so who knows
          You're taking this way too seriously (IMO). He's providing Raptors:

A) Relevance, as he's the homegrown star everyone in the world knows and he chooses to be Raptors superfan. Makes Raptors look like a big market team. which they are but inferiority complex is still there, for the fans at least.
          B) Enetertainment, I would rather watch his trash talk every single game than cheerleaders or boring timeout events. He brings that IT at least outside of the court, I don't care if he's drunk or high, he shows up with emotion as a fan, which many fans in NBA lack.
          C) This will end up attracting a star, at least influencing the decision, having a chance to hang out with Drake, just because the guy loves his music. People end up in LA for that reason, to be able to hang out with the pop culture "elite". Raptors can offer the same to small extent.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            You're taking this way too seriously (IMO). He's providing Raptors:

A) Relevance, as he's the homegrown star everyone in the world knows and he chooses to be Raptors superfan. Makes Raptors look like a big market team. which they are but inferiority complex is still there, for the fans at least.
            B) Enetertainment, I would rather watch his trash talk every single game than cheerleaders or boring timeout events. He brings that IT at least outside of the court, I don't care if he's drunk or high, he shows up with emotion as a fan, which many fans in NBA lack.
            C) This will end up attracting a star, at least influencing the decision, having a chance to hang out with Drake, just because the guy loves his music. People end up in LA for that reason, to be able to hang out with the pop culture "elite". Raptors can offer the same to small extent.
            Well I just respectfully disagree but I really don't think too much about it until I see some goofy publicity(?) stunt like the locker room idiocy.You can plainly see from this thread and more widely that's he quickly becoming seen as more of a needless distraction and delivering less and less of the proposed benefits. Especially the playful trolling of players like Durant and LeBron who proceed to go off and take it out on the Raptors.

Maybe it takes a Kawhi to tell him to one it down as he's no longer endearing himself to more and more fans and clearly hurting the team. Maybe fans will feel different if he ever attracts a superstar to Toronto like you think he's capable of but failed to do so far.

Be the Global Embassador instead fo the global embarrassment .... just dial it back a few notches.

Comment

Blame Lowry if you don't like Drake getting his own locker:

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Lowry just went up a few notches in my books. He's got a future in business.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Lmao I'm glad I watched that. Green is hilarious. "I just dont like how its spelt. It's written swagless."
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

lol. I didn't think this thread would get to 10 posts, but it's gonna go at least 4 pages. Lmao.

People, in the big picture Drake is nothing but goodness for the franchise. All of Toronto, in fact. There was one marketing company that estimated Drake's value to be worth at least a few hundred million in free advertising for the City of Toronto. Hundreds of millions. Absorb that.

If the Raps had 3 or 4 global megastars courtside, the TV cameras would be panning to them during games, but we don't. Drake is it. And we should be thankful. And this comes from somebody that hates his music.
                    Come on we got Automotive Aristocrat Nav Bhatia and Real Estate Powerhouse Sam McDadi at courtside!

Comment

I hate his music its as boring as fuk Id rather listen to paint dry but if thats what the kids like thats alright

Comment

How can anyone listen to dreck like Hotline Bling and think it's good music?

I'd shake my fist at drunky drake and tell him to get off my lawn

If the Raptors think he actually brings them positive press or vibes or could actually help attract free agents to Toronto (we've seen zero evidence of that) then I'm actually OK with him as "Global Ambassador". It's the goofy courtside antics I'm tired of and the locker room spot is ridiculous. If it wasn't him, I'd almost believe they were pulling a joke on the media....

Comment

G_Deane = Meek Mill burner account?

Comment

G_Deane = Meek Mill burner account?
                            Nah they cool now. G_Deane is Pusha T
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              That's exactly what a burner account is for. When you say you're cool with somebody, but you really aren't.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Pusha D

Comment

Working...
                                X